Sponsored

Ford shortchanges Mustang fans and auto-show goers

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Ford can do whatever it wanted to do. The only people who are mad about are people who had a sense of entitlement thinking that they deserved to know about it first and exclusively before common folks.

Ford basically tossed that cart and did something out of the ordinary, which is fine.
Yeah except for the common folks who went opening weekend and got screwed out of it. People travel from out of state to go to the show, it's a huge event. Those people got fucked over. It's like going to see the latest star wars, only for them to add 10 minutes to the movie the second weekend. You pay for the event, you should get the same "experience" regardless of the day you go.

This wasn't a spur of the moment thing either. They had the pre-recorded video setup, the presentations, websites, the car prepped for the auto show, etc. They chose to delay.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The embargo was always going to end on Tuesday, so the reveal at Detroit, NY and LA were all clearly scheduled and arranged months in advance.

The leaked video on Monday would have been annoying (understatement) but I'm sure it had no impact on how things transpired on Tuesday.

Quite why Ford chose to reveal it a week after the main Detroit Show press day is a bit of a mystery. Perhaps they didn't want Mustang to detract from their "City of Tomorrow" announcement......but to me it would have made more sense to do the latter somewhere else, and launch Mustang at the Press Day.

For what it's worth, Rich Ford (New Mexico Ford dealer) have announced on FB that "Mark Fields to make a big announcement tomorrow at 11am! Top secret from what we're told..."

https://www.facebook.com/HyperStangs/?fref=ts

If it's at Barrett Jackson tomorrow, I wonder if it had anything to do with the future of Shelby American (as they are launching their new car there at the same time!!).

OP
OP
Spartan

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
The embargo was always going to end on Tuesday, so the reveal at Detroit, NY and LA were all clearly scheduled and arranged months in advance.

The leaked video on Monday would have been annoying (understatement) but I'm sure it had no impact on how things transpired on Tuesday.

Quite why Ford chose to reveal it a week after the main Detroit Show press day is a bit of a mystery. Perhaps they didn't want Mustang to detract from their "City of Tomorrow" announcement......but to me it would have made more sense to do the latter somewhere else, and launch Mustang at the Press Day.
To me, this Mustang speaks more of the city of tomorrow especially with the new LED look, tech upgrades, digital gauges, etc.