Ford Service Departments - SoCal Area

SlowPanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2019 GT350R
Doing a bit of research to get an idea of the most consistently good dealership for service around SoCal should any warranty or service work beyond me be required for my R. I understand that dealerships in general don't stay consistent very often, but I'd like to be prepared should the need for a visit to Ford occur. Sometimes I wish Shelby America did warranty or even service work. Open for discussion. Panda memes are welcome. Thank you.
Sponsored

OP
OP

SlowPanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2019 GT350R
Bump. Any service experiences at all, both good and bad, are welcome. Ford Dealerships preferred, but maybe this is a good chance to get some insight on trusted tuner/service shops as well for those interested.

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I go to vista ford in woodland hills, really close to me. Overall the are pretty good, i had some warranty work done a few times and overall no complaints. Definitely no horror stories or extremely bad experiences from them.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
@SlowPanda , I'm not aware of any so-Cal dealer that really knows their stuff with the GT350 and GT350R. I've asked around before too, mostly crickets. Many dealers sell GT350's but don't really have techs that have serviced them or know how to work on them. The closest dealer to me, Puente Hills Ford, their tech told me my car uses standard 5.0 motor oil, he actually said: "Yeah they are all the same, these Mustangs." That was good enough for me to say bye bye. I hope this doesn't come across as snobby or haughty to the 5.0 guys. It is just hard to find a good, knowledgeable Ford service location (for warranty work) for the Shelbys.

Hopefully this thread can contribute to some useful info going forward.

Sponsored

OP
OP

SlowPanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2019 GT350R
@SlowPanda , I'm not aware of any so-Cal dealer that really knows their stuff with the GT350 and GT350R. I've asked around before too, mostly crickets. Many dealers sell GT350's but don't really have techs that have serviced them or know how to work on them. The closest dealer to me, Puente Hills Ford, their tech told me my car uses standard 5.0 motor oil, he actually said: "Yeah they are all the same, these Mustangs." That was good enough for me to say bye bye. I hope this doesn't come across as snobby or haughty to the 5.0 guys. It is just hard to find a good, knowledgeable Ford service location (for warranty work) for the Shelbys.

Hopefully this thread can contribute to some useful info going forward.

No not at all. If anything I appreciate the dialogue. Having accepted the possibility that the inconsistent build quality on these cars may come back and bite me, the only thing I really worry about is warranty work. At the same time I think it would be nice to get a list of tuners or service shops who know their way around the S550 let alone the GT350. With over 50 years of mustangs I find it difficult to believe that there are no local shops specializing in mustangs.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
in terms of tuning/high perf shops, i hear a lot of good things about greg at RET (racers edge tuning) in downey. he has been doing this for a long time and knows his stuff. i have emailed with him about a whipple and custom tune and stuff and he has good prices with a dyno on site.

also 281 motorsports in fullerton but they are pricey.

and GTR high performance in rancho cucamonga gets some love for mustang guys.

danny bahn of DB Engineering in whittier has been tuning mustangs for a super long time. he knows his stuff too. been in tons of magazines like MM&FF and Super Ford over the yrs. he has a dyno also.

those 4 are places to look into.

OP
OP

SlowPanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2019 GT350R
in terms of tuning/high perf shops, i hear a lot of good things about greg at RET (racers edge tuning) in downey. he has been doing this for a long time and knows his stuff. i have emailed with him about a whipple and custom tune and stuff and he has good prices with a dyno on site.

also 281 motorsports in fullerton but they are pricey.

and GTR high performance in rancho cucamonga gets some love for mustang guys.

danny bahn of DB Engineering in whittier has been tuning mustangs for a super long time. he knows his stuff too. been in tons of magazines like MM&FF and Super Ford over the yrs. he has a dyno also.

those 4 are places to look into.

^ THIS is what I'm talking about. Thank you sir. Keep 'em coming.

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
I had my Ford Performance Track Package Suspension and GT350 Track Spoiler installed by the guys at GTR High Performance in Rancho. I feel they did a great job and I trust them. They seem to know the mustangs in and out for sure. Nice guys too.

OP
OP

SlowPanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2019 GT350R
Trying to keep this one alive. As far as warranty work, or even just their service department in general, anyone have any insight on Ford of Upland?

Also, I'll maybe get a list going of shops and positive experiences with Ford dealerships once we get a few more options/suggestions.

Sponsored
OP
OP

SlowPanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2019 GT350R
Any experiences or insight on Advantage Ford Lincoln in Duarte? Yelp and google reviews seem to be consistent enough.

bcdstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Met GT 6spd Convrt/50yr
I had my MGW shifter installed by the guys at Voss Performance 711 W Orangethorpe Ave
Placentia, California 92870.
They seem to be everything about Ford. They do a lot of GT and Cobra work.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I had my MGW shifter installed by the guys at Voss Performance 711 W Orangethorpe Ave
Placentia, California 92870.
They seem to be everything about Ford. They do a lot of GT and Cobra work.
yelp says they are permanently closed and when i just called their 714 # it said the same thing.

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
I've been looking for the same thing in Orange County. Do NOT take your car to tuttle click in irvine. I took my regular gt350 there for my second oil change around 8k miles and ended up having to do a buyback. The car came back to me with a tick that was non-existent prior to the oil change and they kept it for about 40+ days even going as far as taking the engine apart.

Now I only do oil changes at the auto shop in irvine. Still looking for a performance shop. I hit up BBI in HB a while back and they said they would service my car but then when it came time to they didn't have time. They typically only do high end cars mainly Porsche. Others I have connected with that say they are "performance shops" go quiet and politely tell me they don't think they can help me when I bring up my car. It's been pretty frustrating.

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Airport Marina Ford have always seen me right. I bought the car from there. Two items under warranty. A replaced water pump and a replaced Catalytic convertor. They didn't argue or give me any issues about either and the work has seemed fine. They do take quite a while to do the work though.

South Bay Ford has been awful. I went there for a while for oil changes as they are much quicker. But the work hasn't been done well and they cop an attitude.
Sponsored