Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Got it. I know issues like this can be frustrating. I came back to Ford from Jaguar and Infiniti and was quickly reminded how differently they handle service and customer issues.

That said, you also need to have your software checked. There have been updates and you may need one. Unfortunately that has to be done by a dealer. By the way have you tried driving another A10 Mustang? That would give you the comparison you really need.
you are right, they are all very different in the ways they handle customers. My last BMW service center was amazing, and did not care about mods at all. They even walnut blasted my intake valves for $50.00 under warranty all while running bigger turbos, a stage 3 tune, and E85. It all comes back around and I purchased 3 vehicles from them and brought them outside business as well through word of mouth. I know one other A10 here in Charlotte, and definitely need to get with him and go for a spin.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Reminds me of servicing my mini at a stealership. The one I bought the car from was great and mod friendly, the one I had to go to because I drove to another state for work was really bad. Needed the clutch replaced and I'm certain they put in the lower grade S clutch for my JCW. They also had the nerve to tell me my brand new tires were worn in the front. I accepted it because I didn't know any better at the time and karma made sure some of the employees there got fired. Lesson learned and done my own maintenance ever since. No job is to big, just a reason to learn and buy tools.....buying tools is second only to the actual mods lol

My experience with the A10 is like others have said, great for what it is but not for me. Best auto I've used and have felt every tenths of seconds faster it is, but not for me. I'll stick to the slow manual transmission till I can't anymore. I hope you get it figured out whatever the issue ends up being, you didn't buy it and mod it to not be as happy as you can be with it.
great feedback! I am trying to do all of the work myself that I can. The car over all is amazing, and luckily cheap to maintain. I've had a dealership try to do the same with newer tires haha. Sometimes they even ask if I want to trade my car, like I want a new base model car with the same motor minus a few hundred horsepower

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
great feedback! I am trying to do all of the work myself that I can. The car over all is amazing, and luckily cheap to maintain. I've had a dealership try to do the same with newer tires haha. Sometimes they even ask if I want to trade my car, like I want a new base model car with the same motor minus a few hundred horsepower
So have you checked the fluid? Inquiring minds want to know. :) Kudo's for wanting to work on your own car. Just keep in mind the electronics that control your transmission. It's not as easy as swapping out a clutch.

And +1 to Laser & el. Your car would most likely be wholesaled and forgotten within a day of you buying a new car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
So have you checked the fluid? Inquiring minds want to know. :) Kudo's for wanting to work on your own car. Just keep in mind the electronics that control your transmission. It's not as easy as swapping out a clutch.

And +1 to Laser & el. Your car would most likely be wholesaled and forgotten within a day of you buying a new car.
I haven't checked it yet, and will definitely share the fluid level. Thank you for checking in... I couldn't imagine everything that goes into that complex of a transmission.

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I agree, the customer service was not the best. I didn't escalate the issue to the owner or GM because it was not to that point. It was brought in simply for a diagnosis. Warranty was never mentioned on my end, as I don't mod my cars and expect to receive a warranty after the fact (that's actually a big pet peeve of mine, when someone "has" the money to purchase a power adder, but does not have the money for repairs). I brought the car in expecting to pay full price if the car needed any work. Good news is they did not find anything wrong, and chalked it up to be "normal behavior" of the 10r80 and did not charge anything for the diagnosis.
" I didn't escalate the issue to the owner or GM because it was not to that point "

As soon as they opened the hood it was to that point.!!!

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
you are correct, with what I am seeing. It just feels "different" compared to the other auto's that I have owned in the recent past. I know I can't compare it to the dual clutch trans that I have owned, but I do try and compare it to BMW's 8 speed auto, made by ZF. The 10 speed feels more "clunky" or harsh just like you described.
That comes from GM's involvement in development. ha ha

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Sucks.... hate going to the dealer... hard to find one I like/trust...

Wish some had the same passion around cars as the owners do vs. ā€œjust ahā€ sales and service shop.

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
My 10 speed is all stock and only has 11K miles and it acts weird as hell. Between 1st and second gear mine hangs some times and if I hammer down on it gears 3,4 and sometimes 5 are extremely harsh and jerk a lot. So I donā€™t think yours is entirely your mods.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
My 10 speed is all stock and only has 11K miles and it acts weird as hell. Between 1st and second gear mine hangs some times and if I hammer down on it gears 3,4 and sometimes 5 are extremely harsh and jerk a lot. So I donā€™t think yours is entirely your mods.
Iā€™ve noticed some Strange behavior also, I think the dealer can reset it or do updates.

USMCGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 GT PP1, Jeep TJ, Jeep Grand Cherokee , Audi TT
I live near Charlotte. What dealership are you using? I donā€™t want to go there. You can pm me if you donā€™t want to post it here
I asked the same thing, no reply. ā€ā™‚
Sponsored