Ford Service Center Quick To Point Out Mods / Bring Up Warranty

Johnnyracer222

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP 6 speed
I'd goto another dealer. This isn't a game or a toy for those techs to play with. Seems that dealer is a bit too loose with professionalism...
Sponsored

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Maybe you can approach it in a different way. Go into a different dealer and tell them that you don’t expect any warranty claims because of your mods but you would like to have a fluid change/ software upgrade at whatever the cost is ?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'd go to another dealer. This isn't a game or a toy for those techs to play with. Seems that dealer is a bit too loose with professionalism...
While they should not have opened the hood while OP was there you know darn well they all do the second an owner leaves. Going to another dealer will not change that, unfortunately.

Maybe you can approach it in a different way. Go into a different dealer and tell them that you don’t expect any warranty claims because of your mods but you would like to have a fluid change/ software upgrade at whatever the cost is ?
Why? Unless OP is made of money he should keep quite. The less said the better. It's not as if they are not going to see the SC so there would be no denying it. The car is still under warranty. If they can prove the mods caused the yet to be determined problem they can deny paying for it. The real issue is the this dealer is not properly diagnosing the issue. No fluid check, no software check. They just blew him off (no pun intended).

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I have said multiple times on this forum the importance of finding a Ford dealer you can build a relationship and work with on modded vehicles. You either do that or be prepared to pay out of pocket for any mod-related failures. Not complicated folks...

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Yeah it’s supercharged by a non factory installed item that near doubles power output. Not easy to win that argument TSBs etc included. I mean what can you do take them to court ?

probably they will be more receptive if you are willing to pay considering the circumstances and definitely at a different dealer. Would irritate me also that they had the hood open without even knowing what the request is, definitely need a new dealer.

If money is an issue can always remove the supercharger and process a warranty claim.

Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I have an issue with you all saying that a reflash or Kam set should be a starting point . With the software that is used to do so ,ids, will not access the pcm with a Lund tune . The ids will try to reflash the pcm to the original calibration. The op might have a shift concern , but remember the shift schedule has been changed in the tune

OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve put together a very comprehensive 10R80 thread in the transmission sub-forum:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...hift-conditions-facts-and-resolutions.135463/

That thread I created not only has many 10R80 facts, but read the Tech report I included from my recent 10R80 repair (which is the valve body diagnosis and repair). I didn’t have any symptoms from taking delivery of the car new in Feb 2018 all the way up until I created that thread (@35k) a few weeks ago.

Hope that helps.
awesome, thank you!

OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
The impression I think one gets from this place is that the mt82 is garbage and the 10r80 is something from heaven. The truth is probably both are really decent transmissions, but not perfect.

I didn't drive the auto so don't take my word for it, but for me I'd heard of somewhat violent shifts being the norm, and had watched point-of-view videos on it where the constant shifting drove me up the wall. But I like a transmission that stays where I put it so I'm not the target audience for the AT.

It might be the case that it's a fabulous AT compared to past ones, and maybe it's in that sense that it's "amazing". But still has drawbacks. Just like the MT.
you are correct, with what I am seeing. It just feels "different" compared to the other auto's that I have owned in the recent past. I know I can't compare it to the dual clutch trans that I have owned, but I do try and compare it to BMW's 8 speed auto, made by ZF. The 10 speed feels more "clunky" or harsh just like you described.

OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
They don’t!

6199735E-C9E0-49CE-B5E1-1D59D355025D.jpeg

And if they really want your car that badly hand them a piece of paper with the value of your car with all mods and tell them that what you want. Please take a pic of their face when they see it.
haha I would love to see the look on their face as well.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
awesome, thank you!
OK, let’s see if I have this right. Your original post was to ask the forum how we felt about the way you were treated by your dealer when you brought your car in for a transmission diagnostic. Of course everyone agreed that you dealer service team sucked. No surprise there. You were happy they didn’t charge you but it appears they didn’t actually do anything. Then we started discussing why you waited 27k miles to address an issue that you’ve felt since the very beginning. Cobra Jet’s post is awesome but you already know what your symptoms are and what needs to be done. Sorry, I’m just confused. Where are we going with this?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
OK, let’s see if I have this right. Your original post was to ask the forum how we felt about the way you were treated by your dealer when you brought your car in for a transmission diagnostic. Of course everyone agreed that you dealer service team sucked. No surprise there. You were happy they didn’t charge you but it appears they didn’t actually do anything. Then we started discussing why you waited 27k miles to address an issue that you’ve felt since the very beginning. Cobra Jet’s post is awesome but you already know what your symptoms are and what needs to be done. Sorry, I’m just confused. Where are we going with this?
I wanted to get feedback to see if anyone else had similar dealership service complaints. The "issue" is not present all of the time, and I have done plenty of pulls with no issues, almost doubling the factory power output for 18K miles now. I took the car in with hopes they would at least check the fluid levels and add trans fluid if need be. Once the whole customer service thing played out like it did, I knew at that moment it was a lost cause, and will check the trans fluid myself verses try and work with them.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I wanted to get feedback to see if anyone else had similar dealership service complaints. The "issue" is not present all of the time, and I have done plenty of pulls with no issues, almost doubling the factory power output for 18K miles now. I took the car in with hopes they would at least check the fluid levels and add trans fluid if need be. Once the whole customer service thing played out like it did, I knew at that moment it was a lost cause, and will check the trans fluid myself verses try and work with them.
Got it. I know issues like this can be frustrating. I came back to Ford from Jaguar and Infiniti and was quickly reminded how differently they handle service and customer issues.

That said, you also need to have your software checked. There have been updates and you may need one. Unfortunately that has to be done by a dealer. By the way have you tried driving another A10 Mustang? That would give you the comparison you really need.

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I have had similar complaints with dealership service departments. Some places have really good service and some don't. This would apply across all makes and models. I would find another dealer and try to find one that is more friendly about mods.

Good Luck. Let us know what you find.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Reminds me of servicing my mini at a stealership. The one I bought the car from was great and mod friendly, the one I had to go to because I drove to another state for work was really bad. Needed the clutch replaced and I'm certain they put in the lower grade S clutch for my JCW. They also had the nerve to tell me my brand new tires were worn in the front. I accepted it because I didn't know any better at the time and karma made sure some of the employees there got fired. Lesson learned and done my own maintenance ever since. No job is to big, just a reason to learn and buy tools.....buying tools is second only to the actual mods lol

My experience with the A10 is like others have said, great for what it is but not for me. Best auto I've used and have felt every tenths of seconds faster it is, but not for me. I'll stick to the slow manual transmission till I can't anymore. I hope you get it figured out whatever the issue ends up being, you didn't buy it and mod it to not be as happy as you can be with it.

OP
OP
Sawyerjames

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have had similar complaints with dealership service departments. Some places have really good service and some don't. This would apply across all makes and models. I would find another dealer and try to find one that is more friendly about mods.

Good Luck. Let us know what you find.
I agree, they are few and far between. Thanks for the feedback!
Sponsored