Sponsored

Ford Racing Roush install began today

ctozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium
I really wanted to do a Hellion kit on my new 5.0 but I worked a deal I couldn't pass up for 0% @ 72months with the blower installed and under full Ford warranty 5 years or 60,000 miles. I was looking hard at a 13-14 Gt500 but after I drove my buddies I was sold 5 seconds later. Ford has really stepped up their game on the design and attention to detail on these new cars. So it began today:
IMG_5169.jpg
IMG_5170.jpg
IMG_5171.jpg
IMG_5172.jpg
IMG_5173.jpg
Sponsored

Broskie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium (Ordered)
Well Congrats!!! post more pics once completed

OP
OP

ctozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium
Forgot that the Borla Atak catback is going on too:
a35081c4e43da36fc1464dc23a30cab9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I really wanted to do a Hellion kit on my new 5.0 but I worked a deal I couldn't pass up for 0% @ 72months with the blower installed and under full Ford warranty 5 years or 60,000 miles. I was looking hard at a 13-14 Gt500 but after I drove my buddies I was sold 5 seconds later. Ford has really stepped up their game on the design and attention to detail on these new cars. So it began today:
Congrats on joining the sc world. But you need to know you cannot have a factory Ford warranty with the sc. Ford 100% voids the powertrain portion of your warranty. Roush offers a 3/36,000 which is a supplemental warranty for powertrain. If a dealer told you that you will still have you 5/60, you need to bet that in writing because when push comes to shove, you will not have a warranty.

jared89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp
Congrats on joining the sc world. But you need to know you cannot have a factory Ford warranty with the sc. Ford 100% voids the powertrain portion of your warranty. Roush offers a 3/36,000 which is a supplemental warranty for powertrain. If a dealer told you that you will still have you 5/60, you need to bet that in writing because when push comes to shove, you will not have a warranty.
This is interesting, never knew that. Some guy that lives by me paid like 10k to have one installed so he could keep his factory warranty.

Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
This is 100% correct. Pay to play.

OP
OP

ctozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium
It's under warranty that was the sticker on my deal I will upload the sales sheet when I get home. It's in writing and yes financed the blower, car, install and its 100% under warranty. Your dealer needs to be creative but it can only be done if it's ordered under the ford racing parts not Roush and your parts dept has to have an authorized Roush installer there like mine does. Plus the guy is a personal friend of mine and helped to get this all done under warranty. If it wasn't done that way I would have walked away and gotten a used Shelby.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ctozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium
Thanks like I said I would not have bought the car without this deal. Anyone who wants to do this will need to work with an educated sales guy not a lot guy and their parts dept manager. It can be done and is being done around the country.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
This is interesting, never knew that. Some guy that lives by me paid like 10k to have one installed so he could keep his factory warranty.
That is a very big misconception in regards to this. If there was a failure during the warranty period, if the dealer tries to use their warranty, it will be rejected by Ford Motor Company because it is not stock. The dealer then must either try to hide it from Ford Motor Company, which can result in them losing their dealer status, or they can use their goodwill fund which most dealers have to take care of certain customers that would not be warrantied (this typically takes a lot of arm twisting).

Roush offers a 3/36,000 supplemental warranty for $995 which is supplemental, not the factory.

If this customer moved states and then had a failure, went to a Ford dealer with an issue, there would be no warranty.

If one gets it in writing that the vehicle is covered under the FORD warranty including all the mods, then one has a legal argument via potential lawsuit against the dealer for falsely representing the warranty, but Ford themselves will not touch it.

OP
OP

ctozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium
Oh well all I care about is my car and it's warranty. I didn't pay any $ 995.00 and it's all in writing on the supplement sheet. I'm happy with my deal and it's workings

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Thanks like I said I would not have bought the car without this deal. Anyone who wants to do this will need to work with an educated sales guy not a lot guy and their parts dept manager. It can be done and is being done around the country.

If it's being done around the country, then dealers are falsifying what is the actual warranty. Ford Motor Company does not warranty anything that has been changed from stock. Wheels, grills, brakes, exhaust, superchargers... all void the parts they affect. Doesn't matter if its Ford, GM, Dodge, Honda, etc.

Just because Roush works with FRPP and Ford, does not mean it's a warrantied item. It does, in fact, void the powertrain warranty per Ford Motor Company. Only the $995 supplemental warranty for the 3/36,000 warranty covers the powertrain. Any other "implied" warranty by a dealer is in fact incorrect and one can only hold that dealer responsible, any other Ford dealer would not risk the repercussions of falsifying warranty claims, especially because they did not sell the vehicle or aftermarket parts.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Oh well all I care about is my car and it's warranty. I didn't pay any $ 995.00 and it's all in writing on the supplement sheet. I'm happy with my deal and it's workings

Just make sure to go to the same dealer, if you go to another, you can be black flagged and then it's a big problem.
Sponsored