Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt

DIBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB S550 EB
I've been looking at that for a little while since I have the 3.31 rear end. I'm thinking that's what I'll go with as soon as I have a problem with the LSD, ring & pinion, etc... Or, when I run out of other upgrades to do.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Do I sense envy from the dudes who didn't buy a PP car to begin with? :lol:

OP
OP
Cmw458

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
Lol why yes you do!!!

Sponsored

DIBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB S550 EB
Do I sense envy from the dudes who didn't buy a PP car to begin with? :lol:
Not really. I wanted a daily driver and had no plans to take it to the track. It handles fine for what I want. When I did the build and price on the website, the only difference between what I bought and what I built was the 3.55 gears. I was actually able to find exactly what I wanted minus the 3.55 gears already ordered by the dealership down the street from my office. I had my car just under a week later.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
When I did the build and price on the website, the only difference between what I bought and what I built was the 3.55 gears.
And the GT radiator (bigger), and the GT Brakes, and the stiffer suspension, and the track mode switch in a Premium car ;)

IMHO, you can never have too big brakes in any car :thumbsup: The radiator keeps the engine temp under control better when you get stuck in stop and go traffic. The 3.55 rear end helps get it going again easier in stop and go traffic, too...so you end up with a better car, even for commuting :cool:

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
I want 3.55 instead of 3.73 in my GT PP :(
American Muscle can make that happen (as per the link at the beginning of the thread)...as they say in the part listing, it will require an ECM re-flash, though, to make the car work right ;) [just tweaking a couple of parameters that tell the computer which gears you have in the back...]

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
That's a damn good price on the whole chunk.

By the time you buy a gearset and have someone install it you're already roughly halfway there, more so if you replace anything else while you're in there.

Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
That's a damn good price on the whole chunk.

By the time you buy a gearset and have someone install it you're already roughly halfway there, more so if you replace anything else while you're in there.
Yeah, the Ecoboost performance package is a steal, IMHO. I liked it so much the first time that when I had to replace my '15 PP car, I did what it took to get another one like it...(can't really afford a premium interior, but I loved having the PP!) ;)

DIBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB S550 EB
And the GT radiator (bigger), and the GT Brakes, and the stiffer suspension, and the track mode switch in a Premium car ;)
I think you misunderstood my post. I was saying the car I bought that the dealership had already ordered was only different from what I was going to order by the 3.55 instead of 3.31 rear end. I was going to order the premium, non PP, but with the 3.55 rear end. I didn't actually want the stiffer suspension since it was going to be a non-tracked daily driver.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
I think you misunderstood my post. I was saying the car I bought that the dealership had already ordered was only different from what I was going to order by the 3.55 instead of 3.31 rear end. I was going to order the premium, non PP, but with the 3.55 rear end. I didn't actually want the stiffer suspension since it was going to be a non-tracked daily driver.
Can you spec just the 3.55 rear end in the ecoboost? Thought you had to order the PP to get it...in all my times playing with the building tool on Ford's website, I don't recall ever being offered an axle ratio (without specifying the performance package, that is ;) ).

I would say, though, that probably 90% of the Ecoboost PP cars up here where I live that dealers order for their inventory are also Ecoboost Premiums...I happened to catch one that didn't have the premium interior when the Mustang bug bit me last year :)

Glex25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The PP comes with a Torsen Diff
How does this diff compare to the Torsen?
I never heard of the Traction-Lok Diff being a option from the factory

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
The PP comes with a Torsen Diff
How does this diff compare to the Torsen?
I never heard of the Traction-Lok Diff being a option from the factory
Good question. I'd like to know the difference as well.

The link says the 3.55 is the original equipment on the manual GT. Manual GT's come with 3.31's unless you opt for the 3.55's or the PP which come with 3.73's
Sponsored