Sponsored

Ford Racing Borla Sport with GT350 valence

solshinobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium , Kona Blue, 10 Spd Auto
I just installed my Borla Sport exhaust quad with the GT350 valence. I had a friend help out and it took roughly 6 hours start to finish including clean up. I had access to a lift. We used the CJ Pony Parts video showing for the installation and followed it step by step. Let me tell you if any of you are planning this that there are some "gotchas" that are PITAS.

The PITAS

Taking down the stock exhaust. You may need a 3rd man. We had to have another guy help out as the stock hangers didn't allow much wiggle room after loosening everything up. We ended up removing the muffler hangers and adding them back after removal.

When they said the stock exhaust is heavy they aren't kidding. I work out quite a bit, and we both struggled a bit because of the distributed weight. Don't sleep on that stockers weight guys.

The rear bumper cover removal. Ok, I have a PP Premium. We found out after the left headlight removal that we needed to remove the speaker enough to get to the last nut. It requires an alan wrench set and a larger one for the large screw. Once those were out there are two large bolts hold it in. Remove those and slide the speaker back. The last taillight lamp bold is in the top corner.

Installing the valence. I bought a new bumper cover so I had another to work with. The old one got damaged :ninja::tsk:. Anyway, the valence did have slight issue lining up. Make sure you have a big foam matt or soft old comforter to put the bumper cover on. It can get easily scratched here. We had a foam matt. Lining it up will take some effort and won't necessarily slide in like on the CJPP video. My buddy and I both thought that part was funny.

Mounting the new x-pipe. This thing didn't want to go in for anything. I know, that's what she said.:love: my buddy and another guy had to use a rubber mallet with a block of wood for leveling and not causing any bend in or damage to the x-pipe. We did mark distance lines on the x-pipe to see how far it had to move. We didn't get it to move much with the rubber mallet so we got a metal one and that did the job.

Centering the piping. We did have to re center several times to get the look just right. It was a matter of moving things around.

Other than that it's a fantastic sounding exhaust. Really howls on the freeway. These vids don't do them justice. My girl commented that it was actually quieter than factory at 2k rpm. No drone at all. Right out of that you hear it and it sounds beastly. Here are some pics of the finished product.

10wi3df.jpg

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Nice review. Taking down stock exhaust on jack stands is fairly easy, actually, with one person. Just lay head toward engine under the car, use foot and hands to shove the POS backwards. It'll pop out from the "header" pipe, then scoot yourself until situated to pull it forwards left muffler off then right muffler off the rear-most hangers using each foot to handle the weight so it doesn't just drop on you. Worked brilliantly for me, although it was kind of wonky pushing the 900 lbs. exhaust back so that I could actually get out from under the car, but such is the life when you don't have a lift.

Now... being under a car on Craftsmen 2-ton jack stands which look like they couldn't hold up a Coke can is another story... yikes.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Now all you need is the GT350 Track Pack rear spoiler!

OP
OP
solshinobi

solshinobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice review. Taking down stock exhaust on jack stands is fairly easy, actually, with one person. Just lay head toward engine under the car, use foot and hands to shove the POS backwards. It'll pop out from the "header" pipe, then scoot yourself until situated to pull it forwards left muffler off then right muffler off the rear-most hangers using each foot to handle the weight so it doesn't just drop on you. Worked brilliantly for me, although it was kind of wonky pushing the 900 lbs. exhaust back so that I could actually get out from under the car, but such is the life when you don't have a lift.

Now... being under a car on Craftsmen 2-ton jack stands which look like they couldn't hold up a Coke can is another story... yikes.
For some reason I had a lot of rust there. I guess my car was originally up north. It was just ...so in there it wasn't even funny lol.

OP
OP
solshinobi

solshinobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored