You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
It's not getting dyno tuned just getting put on the dyno to check HP/tq before and after install. I will most likely use the Roush tune for a while

Me to. Ain't nuthin wrong with 600+ hp for a while and when the warranty has expired then custom tune for more ponies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What's the size of this SC?

2.3L

The 14' version stage 3 is 675 hp so I imagine once the 15' stage 3 add on comes out it will bring it a little north of that.

H13rarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 5.0
I still wish Ford Racing would have gone with the new front mouth Whipple unit. Would be nice get one of those and be able to keep your factory warranty.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
2.3L

The 14' version stage 3 is 675 hp so I imagine once the 15' stage 3 add on comes out it will bring it a little north of that.

Thanks!
I wonder if they're using the "NEW" TVS2300 or the older one?

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!
I wonder if they're using the "NEW" TVS2300 or the older one?

The new one I'm told.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
I still wish Ford Racing would have gone with the new front mouth Whipple unit. Would be nice get one of those and be able to keep your factory warranty.
A Whipple 2.9 is much nicer, runs cooler and more efficient than TVS2.3. But Whipple costs more to make and takes longer than TVS, and that's why Ford goes with cheaper one. More money in the pocket.
Personally I'd go with Whipple and done with it.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I originally thought the same since I had the Whipple in my 05' but I hear the Roush is more efficient at the boost levels a stock block will be running (8-12 psi) than the Whipple and that its a torque monster. That and the future stage 3 add on will get me between 675 - 700 on their tune is pretty freaking sweet. Then a custom tune to squeeze out more when the warranty is over.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
I originally thought the same since I had the Whipple in my 05' but I hear the Roush is more efficient at the boost levels a stock block will be running (8-12 psi) than the Whipple and that its a torque monster. That and the future stage 3 add on will get me between 675 - 700 on their tune is pretty freaking sweet. Then a custom tune to squeeze out more when the warranty is over.

Is this power range all on the stock engine (piston, rod, rings and head)? Is 2015 GT engine forged? I mean you put that much boost/heat on that cast piston and ring, they'll break very soon. Or that TQ can snap that rod like nothing. Trust me, I've there... :eek:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is this power range all on the stock engine (piston, rod, rings and head)? Is 2015 GT engine forged? I mean you put that much boost/heat on that cast piston and ring, they'll break very soon. Or that TQ can snap that rod like nothing. Trust me, I've there... :eek:

It is on stock block but so has the 11-14 kit without incident. Roush's stage 3 car runs stock block. We know that the 15' is even stronger than the previous 5.0's so I ain't worried ;)

Sponsored

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
It is on stock block but so has the 11-14 kit without incident. Roush's stage 3 car runs stock block. We know that the 15' is even stronger than the previous 5.0's so I ain't worried ;)

I'm impressed.

H13rarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 5.0
A Whipple 2.9 is much nicer, runs cooler and more efficient than TVS2.3. But Whipple costs more to make and takes longer than TVS, and that's why Ford goes with cheaper one. More money in the pocket.
Personally I'd go with Whipple and done with it.
Thanks for backing me up! The twin screw (Whipple) will always be more efficient than the roots (Roush) blowers. There's plenty of videos with 2.9 Whipple Coyotes with less power out running 2.3 TVS Coyotes.

I'm shocked because the '11-'14 Ford Racing kits were 2.3 Whipple blowers. Whipple came out with a new design and promised over 700hp before we even knew the stock hp ratings. Yet, for this year Ford decides to drop Whipple and go for the Roush unit instead that makes 600+hp. Very odd move if ask me.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Thanks for backing me up! The twin screw (Whipple) will always be more efficient than the roots (Roush) blowers. There's plenty of videos with 2.9 Whipple Coyotes with less power out running 2.3 TVS Coyotes.

I'm shocked because the '11-'14 Ford Racing kits were 2.3 Whipple blowers. Whipple came out with a new design and promised over 700hp before we even knew the stock hp ratings. Yet, for this year Ford decides to drop Whipple and go for the Roush unit instead that makes 600+hp. Very odd move if ask me.
To be honest with you, if this engine can take boost, I'd go with TT any day. I've had SC (Centri and Roots) and TT, and the I love TT for F/I than SC. Yes, it's more expensive and more work, but you love they way turbos make power than SC.
Just my $.02!
Helion just came out with a very nice TT design for 2015.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I am a Whipple fan and am NOT knocking them at all. Their new SC looks freaking amazing. I had a Whipple on my 05 and loved it. Ford partnered with Roush for political reasons that's all. And I also love Roush as they make top line products but honestly it all comes down to warranty on a new car and the Roush will keep my 6 year 60,000 mile warranty and the Whipple will unfortunately void it so its a no brainier for me.

You really can't go wrong with either one.

Also........ The Whipple is really more like the stage 3 Roush kit which will also make ~ 700 hp to. So people really need to compare Roush stage 3 to Whipple not stage 1 :)

Sponsored