Sponsored

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
The competition has a small but loud and rabid following, and combined make it seem like the car is much better at just about every aspect.

I mean all I hear is how impressive the LS/LT engine is, and how impressive the Alpha chassis is, yet for some reason the Camaro just ain't selling the same as the Mustang on an inferior chassis.
This is a huge "reach" based on what ur very logical statement shines lite on.
Is it even possible that the ~8 yr Drought,
of Camaro's & in past,
(& the Firebird / Trans Am crowd drought)
somehow has orhad an effect on the sales going forward-post 2002?
Like I said. Its a real reach. But we use history as our only viable 'crystal ball' ...

& GM did sorta leave the RWD V8 guys out in the middle of no where.
(besides the Sustainable LS stuff,)
Those guys < buyers> clearly went somewhere?? other than unfortunate dirt naps-- that all us are destined for.

Be interesting to hear shout outs from pre '02 Camaro/TA owners who hav since bought Stangs. Not gonna cover much ground as this thread cant reach very many previous buyers of The GM RWD platform made famous since 1967.

I know this. Nearly everyone over 50 today .. Ford or GM guy. At 1 time or nother. Thought of owning a gen 1 or in later yrs a gen 2 Camaro/TA.
The '69 Camaro, although overly worn out in print and @ any event. Is still iconic.
As a life long Ford Guy Ive owned a '69 Camaro & hav a brand new body sitting,
< A No vin issued- New type bdy>
waiting for me to decide if I 'wanna or not.
Its paryly cause resale on anything 1st gen thats nice will sell when ur ready to move on.

All ur points above are just to correct to argue. So why does the Alpha get kicked by the S550? BTW. I really like my S550 & hav yet to find mamy complaints, besides the tranny ratios & possibly stk shft linkage which it still has. The 480hp doesnt really feel overwhelming at any time.
Slow T/B response @ pedal & other safety features FoMoCo built in to keep them between the ditches is smart for them.
Not impressive to owners.

Call me a SIMP. A I thk its a great car. ESPECIALLY compared to many past Stangs Ive owned over many decades.

Lastly. The 7.3L gas F250 might just promt the rumored 6.8L in something Stang related. & thats a win in my view.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
This is a huge "reach" based on what ur very logical statement shines lite on.
Is it even possible that the ~8 yr Drought,
of Camaro's & in past,
(& the Firebird / Trans Am crowd drought)
somehow has orhad an effect on the sales going forward-post 2002?
Like I said. Its a real reach. But we use history as our only viable 'crystal ball' ...

& GM did sorta leave the RWD V8 guys out in the middle of no where.
(besides the Sustainable LS stuff,)
Those guys < buyers> clearly went somewhere?? other than unfortunate dirt naps-- that all us are destined for.

Be interesting to hear shout outs from pre '02 Camaro/TA owners who hav since bought Stangs. Not gonna cover much ground as this thread cant reach very many previous buyers of The GM RWD platform made famous since 1967.

I know this. Nearly everyone over 50 today .. Ford or GM guy. At 1 time or nother. Thought of owning a gen 1 or in later yrs a gen 2 Camaro/TA.
The '69 Camaro, although overly worn out in print and @ any event. Is still iconic.
As a life long Ford Guy Ive owned a '69 Camaro & hav a brand new body sitting,
< A No vin issued- New type bdy>
waiting for me to decide if I 'wanna or not.
Its paryly cause resale on anything 1st gen thats nice will sell when ur ready to move on.

All ur points above are just to correct to argue. So why does the Alpha get kicked by the S550? BTW. I really like my S550 & hav yet to find mamy complaints, besides the tranny ratios & possibly stk shft linkage which it still has. The 480hp doesnt really feel overwhelming at any time.
Slow T/B response @ pedal & other safety features FoMoCo built in to keep them between the ditches is smart for them.
Not impressive to owners.

Call me a SIMP. A I thk its a great car. ESPECIALLY compared to many past Stangs Ive owned over many decades.

Lastly. The 7.3L gas F250 might just promt the rumored 6.8L in something Stang related. & thats a win in my view.
MaleLavishIsabellinewheatear-size_restricted.gif