Ford Protect Warranty for 19 GT350

Classic Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 21 Cayman GT4, 2000 Cobra R
I just received a solicitation in the mail from Ford on extended warranty. With the GT350's having possible engine/oil consumption issues, are some of you signing up for this? Looks like they offer 3 levels of coverage, I would probably only be concerned about the one that covers the engine. What's the consensus?
Sponsored

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
I just received a solicitation in the mail from Ford on extended warranty. With the GT350's having possible engine/oil consumption issues, are some of you signing up for this? Looks like they offer 3 levels of coverage, I would probably only be concerned about the one that covers the engine. What's the consensus?
All depends how long you're looking to keep your car. The later 350's don't suffer from oil consumption as much as the earlier one do but you should check it regularly until you know how much your exact vehicle does. The later engine failures seem to be attributed to a single engine builder based on the data collected on here after the cam tensioner recall.

If you're looking for an extended warranty I would get one from 1 of the 3 online Ford warranty seller, their prices are usually the cheapest and it's the exact same thing. I got the top level plan with 8y/36k/$0 for $1495, it was only a few hundred dollars more between basic and bumper to bumper coverage. Cars are becoming exponentially more expensive and complicated to repair and the peace of mind of knowing everything is covered is worth the small increase. On a car I payed nearly 80K for a few hundred dollars more to cover everything was irrelevant.

Last edited:

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
When you are ready to buy, PM me, I'll get you in touch with a dealer who sells them at cost for members. And they will do the 18/24 month financing for free if you want to split it up into equal payments that the online dealers don't offer.

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
@Blwnsmoke , hey sir that sound like an awesome deal. I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a warranty as well. These are transferable?

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
@Blwnsmoke , hey sir that sound like an awesome deal. I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a warranty as well. These are transferable?
They are transferable. There is a small fee involved to transfer to new ownership.

Sponsored

GTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
When you are ready to buy, PM me, I'll get you in touch with a dealer who sells them at cost for members. And they will do the 18/24 month financing for free if you want to split it up into equal payments that the online dealers don't offer.
Are you able to buy one of these if the car is out of warranty as it is a 2017. Mine still has powertrain but not bumper to bumper which I would like.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I bought a PremiumCare extended warrant through @Blwnsmoke 's connection and he was easy to work with and the price was decent :like:

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Are you able to buy one of these if the car is out of warranty as it is a 2017. Mine still has powertrain but not bumper to bumper which I would like.
Requires a dealer inspection first. That has to be turned in to the dealer you are buying it from.

Attachments

R Car

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
If this motor lets go, it will not be cheap. I got the 8 year premium care.

There are a few places online that sell them pretty cheap. I went with Anderson Koch. If you do a search on here you'll find others.

Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
it seems to me that the base ESP plan covers all engine and A/C issues that might arise, those would be my 2 biggest concerns.
I completely agree. I won't be doing the premium plan. The extra care is a good plan to cover most items.

Here's a great chart to compare what is and isn't covered between all the plans. Normally I'm all about the Premium and I always have said, premium or nothing. But with these cars, it's more about powertrain for me being we are talking $18,000-$25,000 for engine/trans repairs combined.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
There's also a lot of electronics in these cars, as is with most modern cars. I went with the premium to cover it all. It only cost $1600 through Flood Ford, and I was able to use my Ford Pass Rewards with them to save an additional $300.

Kramerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm of the same thought process as these other guys. I went with the base esp. I'm keeping the car for the long term and preferred to go for more years and mileage for my money.

If you have the dough, sure go premium but in my eyes, bang for buck is base. Especially knowing typical issues with these great cars.

Btw bought mine from Anderson Koch as well. Cheapest I found out of all the usual recommend online vendors.