Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
A place like granger is selling to people like me who are far away and would not naturally be their consumer anyway, so a little profit is better than nothing. Rinse and repeat. I never buy an extended warranty but at this price it is a no brainer. Thank you Grainger.
Exactly. 👍
Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I'll be honest and say i didn't go back through 13 pages. I have a current Ford ESP on my 15 that runs our in 6 months. I'm thinking about getting another few years added after that. Didn't there used to be an ESP for used that were still under coverage?

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
So how are you guys able to do this? You're like $800 cheaper than my local dealer at the coverage I was looking at. Why are you able to offer this coverage that's valid at every Ford dealer but my local dealer can't even come close to matching it?
Easy.

It isn’t that your local dealer can’t come close but rather he chooses not to. It’s a huge profit center and your local guy is loathe to give it up. It’s common for dealers to make more profit on the financing, extended warranty, special air for the tires, etc. than they do on the actual sale of the car.

It wasn’t unusual back in the day for us to sell a new Hyundai at hundreds of dollars under our actual cost just for the opportunity to get the customer into the “sweat booth” (F&I office). Hyundai buyers were often sitting ducks for back end products.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
I'll be honest and say i didn't go back through 13 pages. I have a current Ford ESP on my 15 that runs our in 6 months. I'm thinking about getting another few years added after that. Didn't there used to be an ESP for used that were still under coverage?
You can, but it can only be extended by the original selling dealership that sold you the ESP.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I dont know if there is a price difference but you can just buy a new ESP when that one expires.

Sponsored

elcamino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'm second owner of a 2019 that still has a few months left on the factory warranty. It's not a daily driver so I'm leaning towards an 8 yr 48k or 60k plan. I bought it at 7.5k about 2 months ago and have about 8k on it now. One question I have is how do mods and performance parts affect these plans? The previous owner replaced the exhaust. I'm installing Steeda springs, short throw shifter, and will most likely tune the car within the next year or two. With that in mind, am I throwing money away with an ESP plan or is just a matter of any mods I make won't be covered? That is understandable, more worried about something unrelated not being covered because of the mods.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
mods or failures due to mod not covered. The tune will knock out engine and trans/driveline warranty . Shifter and springs probably only related to those items itself I d guess. Hard to say without knowing what specific items you MAY need covered.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I'm second owner of a 2019 that still has a few months left on the factory warranty. It's not a daily driver so I'm leaning towards an 8 yr 48k or 60k plan. I bought it at 7.5k about 2 months ago and have about 8k on it now. One question I have is how do mods and performance parts affect these plans? The previous owner replaced the exhaust. I'm installing Steeda springs, short throw shifter, and will most likely tune the car within the next year or two. With that in mind, am I throwing money away with an ESP plan or is just a matter of any mods I make won't be covered? That is understandable, more worried about something unrelated not being covered because of the mods.
Think about it this way.

Do you think you would have a warranty claim on the exhaust, shocks, springs? Unlikely...

I bought my 8yrs 100K miles full coverage 2 yrs ago from another online dealer. Including the light add on it was about $1400 if I recall. WELL WORTH it, even for something as simple as an AC compressor or condensor, or Digital Dash, etc. I did so NOT really for the engine or transmission or big 'hard parts' failures, but for the many little things like the AC/climate system, digital dash, ABS system, multiple computers, sensors, starter, radiator, power windows/seats, etc etc etc.

Unlikely I will blow up my motor or trans, but is good to know I have no repair worries till 2028. I won't even think about a tune on a mostly stock vehicle. With intake, cams, exhaust and forced injection, sure, but stock? Is a waste of $$ IMO. I'd think a tune would void any internal engine failure related coverage, and shifter might void trans internals, syncros, etc,

I also bought a lifetime B2B on my 2006 Jeep, yeah, Jeep hates me as it is now at 200K & I just got a whole new Stereo system. Last year got new struts and control arms up front, and new rear calipers and rotors..... ;-)

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Yes modifications or failure due to modifications would not be covered. If you tune the car you'd void any engine coverage. Etc.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
I have a general question about the service plans. I currently have 550 miles on my 2022 Mustang and plan to purchase a service plan as I get more miles. Theoretically, as I understand it, I can purchase a plan up to the end of the 3-year/36000 mile warranty without losing any coverage.

But, do the service plans get more expensive as you add miles? I know I'll likely keep the car for more/longer than the standard full coverage warranty, so I could purchase a service plan at any point. But is there a tipping point where it becomes considerably more expensive to add it later?

Thanks!

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I have a general question about the service plans. I currently have 550 miles on my 2022 Mustang and plan to purchase a service plan as I get more miles. Theoretically, as I understand it, I can purchase a plan up to the end of the 3-year/36000 mile warranty without losing any coverage.

But, do the service plans get more expensive as you add miles? I know I'll likely keep the car for more/longer than the standard full coverage warranty, so I could purchase a service plan at any point. But is there a tipping point where it becomes considerably more expensive to add it later?

Thanks!
No, but the price goes up on the plans every so often. (that s the increase you d be risking)

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang

Thanks!
Yes, in 2 ways. 1 there's a price hike at 12 months or 12,000 miles. 2 there are up to quarterly price hikes on contracts based on inflation, losses, etc. From actuaries at Ford. So the cheapest you'll ever purchase is is always ASAP.

So if you plan on keeping it, I always recommend buying now and I wouldn't over buy. By that, don't purchase a 8 year 125,000 mile plan if you drive your mustang 6,000 miles a year. Buy an 8 year 50, 000 mile plan.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Yes, in 2 ways. 1 there's a price hike at 12 months or 12,000 miles. 2 there are up to quarterly price hikes on contracts based on inflation, losses, etc. From actuaries at Ford. So the cheapest you'll ever purchase is is always ASAP.

So if you plan on keeping it, I always recommend buying now and I wouldn't over buy. By that, don't purchase a 8 year 125,000 mile plan if you drive your mustang 6,000 miles a year. Buy an 8 year 50, 000 mile plan.
Thanks so much, exactly what I needed to know.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)