Ford power pack and maintaining extended warranty

Dom1232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Im sorry if this subject has been beaten to death! I did a few searches and didn’t come up with any answers. Long story short, I’m the proud owner of a 2016 GT. I currently have 36k miles and an extended warranty through ford for 7 years or 100k miles, bumper to bumper. I know one specific “aftermarket” part cannot void your warranty but I was curious what the consensus on these power packs was? I’m looking for a little more responsiveness and top end HP but I’m getting conflicting info at my local dealership. I’ve spoken to four people now and I’m not sure how to proceed. The general consensus is that the power pack 3 “might” void my extended powertrain warranty but “ford wouldn’t do that to you” according to the accessories manager at my local dealership. The first three people i spoke to and the finance manager stated that it was a grey area as the power packs are clearly stated to not void existing “new car warranties” and mention nothing about extended warranties. They said the parts themselves would not be covered if they were to break or be defective, which I understand. No one has a clear answer and I’m not sure how to proceed. I just don’t want to have a tranny or something major in my engine go and something like their own power pack be blamed by ford service.
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The general consensus is that the power pack 3 “might” void my extended powertrain warranty
It doesn't, not much will. The most that it can do to you is cause you to get a warranty claim denied. But in no way can it just completely wipe out your entire warranty on the spot.

If you speak with FRPP, or read their pamphlet, it specifically states that your current warranty is not affected. FRPP covers you for the first 3/36, and after that you are left with any remaining original warranty which will not be affected. They do say that if the cause of the issue is not related to their parts, it will be covered under your original warranty. However, if after the 3/36 it is found that the parts caused the issue, then you will have to take care of it out of pocket.

So they provide a supplemental 3/36 (which you are no longer eligible for), but after that it's up to the discretion of the service adivsor/Ford.

I just don’t want to have a tranny or something major in my engine go and something like their own power pack be blamed by ford service.
There's a small chance that this could happen, not much, but it's still there.