Sponsored

Ford Performance Turbo upgrade from HPP for earlier Ecoboosts?

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
I contacted Ford Performance via chat and asked whether the HPP turbo will be offered as an upgrade for early Ecoboost Mustangs and the response was, “no decision has been made yet.”
The rep Marty said he would pass on the request.

If any are interested, it wouldn’t hurt to contact Ford Performance to show there is interest in the larger turbo :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I contacted Ford Performance via chat and asked whether the HPP turbo will be offered as an upgrade for early Ecoboost Mustangs and the response was, “no decision had been made yet.”

If any are interested, it wouldn’t hurt to contact Ford Performance to show there is interest in the larger turbo :)
Hey thanks. I would be thrilled to go with a minor turbo upgrade vs having to go all out with one of the other aftermarket big turbos. Might be a nice cheap solution if it comes to pass

Reactions: Cxp

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
I contacted Ford Performance via chat and asked whether the HPP turbo will be offered as an upgrade for early Ecoboost Mustangs and the response was, “no decision has been made yet.”

This would be dope.

OP
OP

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
Hey thanks. I would be thrilled to go with a minor turbo upgrade vs having to go all out with one of the other aftermarket big turbos. Might be a nice cheap solution if it comes to pass
If we can squeeze out a little more power between 4000k to 5000k that would be awesome. On all of the dyno plots you see with or without the Ford Tune, the slope of the power curve (rpm vs. power/tq), the EB starts out steep but then levels out like crazy. If we can get the slope to fall off a bit less it would be great!

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
I might break it all but the engine that comes with the HPP is the Focus RS one. Which isn't the same engine has the 2015-2019 Ecoboost.

So it won't have the same reliability.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
I might break it all but the engine that comes with the HPP is the Focus RS one. Which isn't the same engine has the 2015-2019 Ecoboost.

It would have to be tuned accordingly. I wouldn’t expect identical performance but it should be possible for some improvement while maintaining reliability?

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
Probably, but all the Ecoboom's comes with tuned engines. I personnaly wouldn't take the risk.

OP
OP

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
Probably, but all the Ecoboom's comes with tuned engines. I personnaly wouldn't take the risk.
It’s the same hp as the Ford cal. Not that it hasn’t ever happened, but I don’t recall hearing about blown engines from Ford cal. It’s up to ford to test and see what they can do reliably,

Deleted member

This has been discussed multiple times the limits of the 2.3 eco are in the block, regardless of it being from a mustang or a focus RS the block thickness and open deck design is the same, therefore the integrity of the blocks are the same. If this upgrade does become available there is no reason that it won't be a worthwhile upgrade. Will definitely help the power band of the car above 4k.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Ford Performance could easy make money selling the upgraded turbo with a updated FP Tune for 2018/19.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
Everybody, call Ford Performance or go on chat and ask about it :)

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Everybody, call Ford Performance or go on chat and ask about it :)
I will tomorrow. Maybe next week with another name.

OP
OP

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
After reading on general Turbo stuff online, larger turbo's are also better in hot weather :)

They provide better airflow at all temperatures. I know its not a huge difference in size but it would help !
Sponsored