Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I was one of the first to get this kit, I've had no changes.
Ford Performance got back to me again after asking again about updates. They still say there have been no updates since the kit came out other then to the Procal software so they say if one claims they have had updates they are simply re-flashing the same tune. If anyone thinks otherwise I'd contact them and debate it with them.
Sponsored

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Well like I said an hour was the sound tube. He actually unbolted it, rather than just yanking it out. It was the correct part, and i think in this thread or another several months ago others had the same issue. The solution was to fit it as best as possible then after a heat cycle or 2 loosen and reseat. But yeah the whole install is pretty simple...hurt me to pay for it. If the car was out of warranty would have totally done it myself from soup to nuts.
Forgot to add, some of the time spent was also altering the engine cover to accommodate the TB. So if you skip that part its even less time.

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Has anyone tried to just purchase a tune voucher from FP. I emailed them several months ago and never replied back. There is a FP tune complete package for sale local to me, owner states the Pro-cal has been sent to FP and has had the VIN cleared, which I did find out that under certain circumstances they can unlock the Pro-Cal. However don’t know about getting a tune voucher. Thanks in advance

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Has anyone tried to just purchase a tune voucher from FP. I emailed them several months ago and never replied back. There is a FP tune complete package for sale local to me, owner states the Pro-cal has been sent to FP and has had the VIN cleared, which I did find out that under certain circumstances they can unlock the Pro-Cal. However don’t know about getting a tune voucher. Thanks in advance
Thought FP would only sell as part of the complete kit?

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I removed my cover on the 2019, just dont like it. This one is coming off too.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Yeah me too. They are Fugly. I put the bullitt dress up kit on instead
Had not seen that, you are making me pull $150 out of my pocket this weekend lmao.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Has anybody tried to use the supercharger covers M-9608-M50SC? Even though it says it's not made for NA, would think it could be modified to fit.

m9608m50sc_1.211_1.jpg

Spydrbutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2
Had not seen that, you are making me pull $150 out of my pocket this weekend lmao.
Just so you are aware you need to tinker with them a bit to get them at the same height. Not a big deal, just wanted you to know. Here are a couple photos of people who have painted them. I want to paint mine, but I dont think I have the skills lol.

maxresdefault.jpg

m9680m50ba_photo_1.jpg

Sponsored

raydog1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Just for giggles, I updated my Procal after getting notifications about this thread. I don't think the difference in filename confirms fixes in the tune. There could be many reasons for the differences. I have a completely different filename from the ones shown in earlier posts:

1656702370065.png

I've also had it since March 2020 and the only problem I had was a PID display issue in Procal that was fixed in one of the Procal updates that same year.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Just for giggles, I updated my Procal after getting notifications about this thread. I don't think the difference in filename confirms fixes in the tune. There could be many reasons for the differences. I have a completely different filename from the ones shown in earlier posts:

1656702370065.png

I've also had it since March 2020 and the only problem I had was a PID display issue in Procal that was fixed in one of the Procal updates that same year.
My guess was that a possible change is related to the recall fix which would mean only a handful of us would have an updated file, to begin with. My only gripe with the above statement is that the supposed claim is that we're "reflashing the same tune." That's like saying that downloading a new patch, to a game, is "reinstalling the same game files." But it's also probably just CYA or even ignorance if any new file is related to something like a software update for a recall.

I doubt a file name would change just because. It's just unfortunate we're not privy to any changes. I enjoy reading my patch notes...

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
might be why they haven’t replied
I've had my fair share with their customer service especially the tech side and it seriously lacks thats why when I'm told something like I was from them I take it with a grain of salt. They've ignored many inquires before as well and seem to pick and choose what they reply to.

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
My guess was that a possible change is related to the recall fix which would mean only a handful of us would have an updated file, to begin with. My only gripe with the above statement is that the supposed claim is that we're "reflashing the same tune." That's like saying that downloading a new patch, to a game, is "reinstalling the same game files." But it's also probably just CYA or even ignorance if any new file is related to something like a software update for a recall.

I doubt a file name would change just because. It's just unfortunate we're not privy to any changes. I enjoy reading my patch notes...
I'd guess the different versions are more related to updates in other modules of the car, or to include a new VIN range or something much more boring than that. If you download a game patch to recognize a new version of your Nvidia driver, does that really change the game?

I'd further assume that the tune isn't really changed all that much because (from what I understand) Ford would need to go through the entire EO process for another exemption, testing, etc... and that's probably not worth it for minor tweaks.
Sponsored