Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

mpelon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT California Special
Considering you can have it all set up to install before even taking the car in, I don't see a reason to chance it... it takes about 10 minutes, if that, for the install to complete.
Right. More worried about the timing of when they get to it and get it done and need to open their bay for another vehicle. I could always drop in the tune in their lot.
Sponsored

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Right. More worried about the timing of when they get to it and get it done and need to open their bay for another vehicle. I could always drop in the tune in their lot.
Being it was a hot Florida summer day, installing the tune in the lot was not an option. Doing it in the shade of my garage was a better option.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Being it was a hot Florida summer day, installing the tune in the lot was not an option. Doing it in the shade of my garage was a better option.
It's ten minutes, I think you'd live lol.

Fair point. Hopefully they'll communicate with you and work it out. If you have the tune already uploaded to the procal then all the tech has to do is press around 3 buttons and wait for it to finish. Registering the procal with your vin and downloading your stock tune is the lengthy part of it all.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ford Performance does update fixes to the tune and you should occasionally check for and perform updates.
Have there actually been any updates with the calibration since it came out? Ford Performance told me before that they never provide updates unless there's something seriously wrong with the tunes and there was no updates. I've seen software updates for the procal, but not the tune itself.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
Have there actually been any updates with the calibration since it came out? Ford Performance told me before that they never provide updates unless there's something seriously wrong with the tunes and there was no updates. I've seen software updates for the procal, but not the tune itself.
There were updates in the three years I have had it.

Sponsored

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
It's ten minutes, I think you'd live lol..
It was longer than 10 minutes and I am not going to be a hot car death statistic.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
Can you post up what version you're on? I checked just a few months ago and it said no tune updates.
I am not sure of the version but after having it for 2.5 years, I checked and there was an update. The one thing I remember is that it fixed an issue with the 10 speed transmission shifting.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am not sure of the version but after having it for 2.5 years, I checked and there was an update. The one thing I remember is that it fixed an issue with the 10 speed transmission shifting.
Interesting. I just checked mine and it did update the Procal software again, but after looking for tunes it says writing to disk, but that doesn't mean there's a tune and that's where it ends. Nothing new that I see. Same tune I've had since it came out.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I just checked mine and it did update the Procal software again, but after looking for tunes it says writing to disk, but that doesn't mean there's a tune and that's where it ends. Nothing new that I see. Same tune I've had since it came out.
You won't, necessarily. You'll be notified if there's an update for the procal but, at least in my case, not for a tune update. You can look at the name of the file. It was the same for over a year and just recently changed (one number, changed from 3 to 2) and my guess is it may have to do with the changes for the recall for 2019/2020 m6 cars, and not necessarily any actual tune changes.

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You won't, necessarily. You'll be notified if there's an update for the procal but, at least in my case, not for a tune update. You can look at the name of the file. It was the same for over a year and just recently changed (one number, changed from 3 to 2) and my guess is it may have to do with the changes for the recall for 2019/2020 m6 cars, and not necessarily any actual tune changes.
Mine still shows as 3's. KR3A-FPMGA3

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mine still shows as 3's. KR3A-FPMGA3
Mine was KR3A-FPMGM3-ACG (safe assumption that A3 is for auto, M3 is for stick?). Then it recently changed to KR3A-FPMGM2-ACH. I snapped a picture with my phone just to make sure I wouldn't second guess myself. I also redid the process a couple of times because it seemed odd that an "update" would go down in number and in letter (H to G).

Again, with no actual proof to back it up, I think the change is related to the recent recall that only affects manual transmission vehicles. It would correlate with mine changing and yours not.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
There have been NO UPDATES to date correct?
If you haven't done anything in a while just plug the procal in, take a picture of the file name and then log in and let it re-download the tune. See if the file name changed from before.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I was one of the first to get this kit, I've had no changes.
Sponsored