Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Roush just released their supercharger for the 2022 cars so at least there's that!
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Unfortunately I don't have base dyno numbers (but would love it if someone could post such?). Put down 417 HP to the wheels. It was a warm, humid 85 deg. day. 417 = 480 at the crank so it equates well to what I expected. The only related mod I've done is the res delete to an H pipe. Loving the added burbles on the overrun in sport/track mode :)
Interesting. You just took it to the Ford dealership? I've been looking at a Tune + a few bolt ons just to improve the overall experience and get me closer to that magic 500 crank HP Unicorn number.

Is this your kit? 2018-2021 MUSTANG GT CALIBRATION W/COLD AIR INTAKE AND THROTTLE BODY| Part Details for M-9603-M8B | Ford Performance Parts

Last edited:

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Interesting. You just took it to the Ford dealership? I've been looking at a Tune + a few bolt ons just to improve the overall experience and get me closer to that magic 500 crank HP Unicorn number.

Is this your kit? 2018-2021 MUSTANG GT CALIBRATION W/COLD AIR INTAKE AND THROTTLE BODY| Part Details for M-9603-M8B | Ford Performance Parts
You could do bolt ons like long tubes and custom tuning (preferably for e85 if available in your area) and get closer to 500 whp instead of at the crank šŸ˜.

Just food for thought when considering all your options.

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
You could do bolt ons like long tubes and custom tuning (preferably for e85 if available in your area) and get closer to 500 whp instead of at the crank šŸ˜.

Just food for thought when considering all your options.
LOL devils advocate eh? Shame, SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!! Stay away with your evil suggestions.

Sponsored

dottle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium 6MT
Just an update regarding MY 2022. There will be no Performance Power Kit for MY 2022, due to the changes Ford Performance won't be offering this kit. Earlier they said they would, they won't anymore.
Ugh, that's too bad. I almost bought a '21 instead of a '22 because I was worried about stuff like this - I hope I don't end up regretting the '22.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Ugh, that's too bad. I almost bought a '21 instead of a '22 because I was worried about stuff like this - I hope I don't end up regretting the '22.

LIvernois offers a CARB legal tune for the 2022. My issue is with the warranty.

dottle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium 6MT
LIvernois offers a CARB legal tune for the 2022. My issue is with the warranty.
Luckily I don't live in Cali, but the official throttle body/CAI/tune AND maintaining the warranty make a nice package.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Luckily I don't live in Cali, but the official throttle body/CAI/tune AND maintaining the warranty make a nice package.
Agreed that's why I got it.šŸ˜

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Had the Ford Performance kit installed by my dealer on my 20 GT PP1 on Friday and then dyno'd it on a Dynojet on Saturday as part of get together with a few other forum members that are in SW Ontario.
Unfortunately I don't have base dyno numbers (but would love it if someone could post such?). Put down 417 HP to the wheels. It was a warm, humid 85 deg. day. 417 = 480 at the crank so it equates well to what I expected. The only related mod I've done is the res delete to an H pipe. Loving the added burbles on the overrun in sport/track mode :)
Arenā€™t those burbles and pops magical? šŸ„°

Sponsored

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3

mpelon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT California Special
Talked to all of the Ford dealerships in my area. Grand Rapids, MI and they all said they no longer do these installs. So I sent the instructions for the M-9603-M8B kit to a local ASE auto shop and this was their response to meā€¦

ā€œā€¦I gave the printout to my tech who works with computers and electronics on our vehicles and he said he has never done one of these procal calibrations before. We talked about it and as far as replacing the parts go, thats pretty straight forward and we could do that but he did not want to get into the calibration part of it. Talking with him he said the best bet would be to have Ford do it as this is a Ford performance kit and they most likely have done these quite often.ā€

has this happened to anyone else? And does anyone know if the shop has to do the whole process for it to get the warranty?

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Kona Blue
Talked to all of the Ford dealerships in my area. Grand Rapids, MI and they all said they no longer do these installs. So I sent the instructions for the M-9603-M8B kit to a local ASE auto shop and this was their response to meā€¦

ā€œā€¦I gave the printout to my tech who works with computers and electronics on our vehicles and he said he has never done one of these procal calibrations before. We talked about it and as far as replacing the parts go, thats pretty straight forward and we could do that but he did not want to get into the calibration part of it. Talking with him he said the best bet would be to have Ford do it as this is a Ford performance kit and they most likely have done these quite often.ā€

has this happened to anyone else? And does anyone know if the shop has to do the whole process for it to get the warranty?
The Calibration is the easy part. Hook it up to your computer and download the tune. Then, after everything is installed itā€™s as easy as plugging the module in and hitting upload. No computer needed after the initial download to the device which you can do from home ahead of time. No ā€œcalibratingā€ required.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Around here is about the same. I may just buy the dang kit, install it myself and move on with life.
Sponsored