Sponsored

Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Mr_Q_Ball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
All installed. Everything good quality however fitment of the CAI was a little interesting. Triple checked throttle body clocking and looked proper. Had to completely take apart the CAI and then force it together. No hood flex and everything appears to be where it’s supposed to. Out driving now with only smiles to be had. Sounds amazing!! Little more pick up and like others have said, it’s all about the throttle response. Overall super happy.
How was fitment with the JLT catch can?
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
How was fitment with the JLT catch can?
Not the best but I kept it on there. It rests on the electrical connector for the throttle body so far from ideal. Figured I’d give it a day of commuting and see what it looks like and maybe just got back to the stock line without catch can.

Mr_Q_Ball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Not the best but I kept it on there. It rests on the electrical connector for the throttle body so far from ideal. Figured I’d give it a day of commuting and see what it looks like and maybe just got back to the stock line without catch can.
Let us know if you decide to change back!

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
I just had mine installed on my 2021 at Ford. JLT catch can sits tubes sit 1/4 - 3/8" from the electrical connection of the throttle body. Not sure if the tech heated and gently bent them, but nothing is touching. He also didn't trim the engine cover and there are no pinches or clearance issues whatsoever.

Overall I'm extremely happy with both the installation and performance. I have a base 6MT and the difference was immediately noticeable. The low end torque makes the car much more enjoyable. Honestly this is the way it should have been from the factory.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I can’t see how any reversal and/or clocking of the lines will get the JLT catch can to work without rubbing on something. Removed it and put factory line back in place. Not convinced it did anything worth while anyway.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I can’t see how any reversal and/or clocking of the lines will get the JLT catch can to work without rubbing on something. Removed it and put factory line back in place. Not convinced it did anything worth while anyway.
Oh ok. You take the long hose and reverse on the can with the short hose, with the nuts on the can.

Sponsored

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You're right though, it is close to that thick wire harness, i added heat tape around that area though...better though than being so close to throttle body

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
After a week of commuting 78 miles a day, I have found a solid +1mpg. Shifts (MT-82) are smoother across the board. Even when not full sending there are a ton less issues. Sound is just freaking amazing, I mean it always was but it’s somehow better…smoother. Agree fully with what others have said, the car should have come this way.

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
After a week of commuting 78 miles a day, I have found a solid +1mpg. Shifts (MT-82) are smoother across the board. Even when not full sending there are a ton less issues. Sound is just freaking amazing, I mean it always was but it’s somehow better…smoother. Agree fully with what others have said, the car should have come this way.
Mine has a gargle/slight pop when shifting at 3500rpm + or so. It’s awesome!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Mine has a gargle/slight pop when shifting at 3500rpm + or so. It’s awesome!
Yep! And shifting above 4500 rewards me with some nice pops and burbles too.
Sponsored