JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
What is the process for that?
Poke around on the tuner and you'll see an option to reset the KAM. Just hit go and it resets in a few seconds. If I remember correctly.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
All done. Got my Gates heat shrink clamps today. Really cleans up the look of the hoses. I will be offering a parts kit up for sale to those who already contacted me plus a few more. I will announce full details in a couple days.
20211201_205948.jpg

20211201_210155.jpg

20211201_210019.jpg

20211201_205327.jpg
20211201_203244.jpg
20210925_121128.jpg

20211201_205502.jpg

20211201_205553.jpg

20211201_205601.jpg

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Just installed this kit today and a few disappointments:

1. No instructions whatsoever for the programming. Thankfully Ford Performance answered my call and walked me through it.
2. Fitment of the air tube to the throttle body is off. Had to really shove it on and tighten while holding it in a death grip.
3. Clearance for the 87mm TB/adapter and all the tubes is really tight.
4. MAF sensor wire is also very tight.

Overall fitment is poor. For a premium priced factory kit this is not acceptable.
Ford Performance states that an ASE tech should install it. That's probably to avoid calls from people that consider this job hard. What did you expect, plug and play? A drop-in air filter? We have over a 100 pages of conversation about this kit.

I don't know anyone's standards for difficulty. I consider any job where I can do it from the top of the car, without a lift, as EASY. Hell half of the job was done in my living room with a laptop, drinking coffee.

So did you have any feedback on the DRIVE or did you write just to bitch about the INSTALL.

GT_MTL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yves
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium - 2018 F-150 XLT
Ford Performance states that an ASE tech should install it. That's probably to avoid calls from people that consider this job hard. What did you expect, plug and play? A drop-in air filter? We have over a 100 pages of conversation about this kit.

I don't know anyone's standards for difficulty. I consider any job where I can do it from the top of the car, without a lift, as EASY. Hell half of the job was done in my living room with a laptop, drinking coffee.

So did you have any feedback on the DRIVE or did you write just to bitch about the INSTALL.
Actually he stated that it's poorly engineered for the price, not that is was hard to install.
I guess this is mainly because they re-used some Bullit/GT350 pieces and put them altogether so no perfect fit. But on the programming side, they did a great job, the car is so much enjoyable to drive after that !

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue A10
Actually he stated that it's poorly engineered for the price, not that is was hard to install.
I guess this is mainly because they re-used some Bullit/GT350 pieces and put them altogether so no perfect fit. But on the programming side, they did a great job, the car is so much enjoyable to drive after that !
Thank you kind sir. I did not once complain about the installation level of difficulty but merely that for the price I expected better fitment. I did get the kit for $1,027, so a bit more than Lund. But I did get the intake so probably all a wash. Maybe Lund ekes out a few more hp, but I was mainly interested in the shifting program and the 2k torque boost.

And frankly, this forum could have 100 pages of comments on this kit but that doesn’t excuse Ford Performance from not including any programming instructions whatsoever beyond a code. What if I bought the kit and wasn‘t a forum member? Then what good is the 100 pages of conversation? If FP doesn’t want calls from the like of me then include a simple one-pager.

Anyway, I find the results after driving for a few trips to be very good. There is definitely a boost in torque around the 2k mark and the shifting is crisper and more predictable.(I have the A10)

On a side note, my surface tablet came up with a message when I first installed the Procal software about proprietary Livernois information. Interesting to note that is where FP gets their tuning software from.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Thank you kind sir. I did not once complain about the installation level of difficulty but merely that for the price I expected better fItment. I did get the kit for $1,027 so a bit more than Lund. But I did get the intake so probably all a wash. Maybe Lund ekes out a few more hp, but I was mainly interested in the shifting program and the 2k torque boost.

And frankly, this forum could have 1,00 pages of comments on this kit but that doesn’t excuse Ford Performance from not including any programming instructions whatsoever beyond a code. What if I bought the kit and wasn‘t a forum member? Then what good is the 100 pages of conversation? If FP doesn’t want calls from the like of me then include a simple one-pager.

Anyway, I find the results after driving for a few trips to be very good. There is definitely a boost in torque around the 2k mark and the shifting is crisper and more predictable.(I have the A10)

On a side note, my surface tablet came up with a message when I first installed the Procal software about proprietary Livernois information. Interesting to note that is where FP gets their tuning software from.
I forgot where, exactly, but there was something in the kit that directed me to the instructions online. I think it was with the paper that had the code on it.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
It was a small yellow paper with the web address of the instructions.
It was in the plastic bag with the FP stickers.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Just installed this kit today and a few disappointments:

1. No instructions whatsoever for the programming. Thankfully Ford Performance answered my call and walked me through it.
2. Fitment of the air tube to the throttle body is off. Had to really shove it on and tighten while holding it in a death grip.
3. Clearance for the 87mm TB/adapter and all the tubes is really tight.
4. MAF sensor wire is also very tight.

Overall fitment is poor. For a premium priced factory kit this is not acceptable.
My MAF sensor wire has all kinds of slack in it, not even close to tight.

Ford performance hasn’t included paper instructions with any of there parts for a couple of years now. They include a card that directs you to their website to download them, at least for the parts I have purchased recently.

Doug

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue A10
The small card with the link to the instructions was just for the hardware. My issue was there are no instructions for the software programming via the Procal handheld.

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The small card with the link to the instructions was just for the hardware. My issue was there are no instructions for the software programming via the Procal handheld.
They are on the Ford Performance site also, under the Procal tool. I do remember the card, but I honestly didn’t pay attention to it, since I already knew the instructions were online. Sounds like Ford needs to update that card.

Doug

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
That's on the website for Pro Cal instructions.

Also my MAF wire isn't tight at all.

Last edited:

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Last edited:

Fordohio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WIlliam
Vehicle(s)
73 F100 20 Mustang GT
Question for anyone that has done this install themself. Is there some point in the registration/tuning part that asks for credentials? The shop I work in has an ASE certified tech. He will install it for me for free. I'm wondering if there is a way to confirm who installed the kit without a receipt.

GT_MTL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yves
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium - 2018 F-150 XLT
Question for anyone that has done this install themself. Is there some point in the registration/tuning part that asks for credentials? The shop I work in has an ASE certified tech. He will install it for me for free. I'm wondering if there is a way to confirm who installed the kit without a receipt.
At one point you will have to create an account in the Ford Performance website. It will backup the original tune in there, linked to the VIN. This is linked to the car/owner of the car, not who installed the kit.
Sponsored