Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Fordohio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WIlliam
Vehicle(s)
73 F100 20 Mustang GT
Just got this installed yesterday, finally. Wanted it done by a reputable mustang shop to keep the warranty (otherwise I would've invested my money differently). Had them do 1 run on the dyno before, and 2 after.

From a dyno perspective, I actually lost a few HP! 410HP on the run before install, 408HP on the 1st run after, and 407HP on the 2nd run after. Don't have the printouts on me, but the before/after dyno runs were more or less exactly on top of each other with very little variance. Only other modifications present were the Borla Switchfire, JLT Oil Separator (which does catch a good bit of oil throughout a month!), sound tube removal, running 93 before/after.

Now for the butt dyno, well worth the money! Biggest improvement I noticed is that prior, it seemed to lag in power in low RPM and normal cruising, but had a ton of power in normal cruising if i gave it a quick accel first and the engine was ready to play. Now, it always has that ton of power even starting out and normal cruising. Well worth the money to me to have it drive like a sports car, 100% of the time - and not void the warranty to do so.
In my opinion, this really should have been the factory tune for a GT though.

On a side note, cold starts aren't as crazy and exhaust is a slight bit deeper, hair bit louder in the car - and I already had the sound tube removed prior. Nothing crazy, just something to note.
I'd love to see the printouts if you can get them
Sponsored

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Kona Blue
Yes I understand how the warranty works. But when my transmission or engine or anything related has issues, I'll be much safer with my FP tune rather than a Lund tune.
I'd love to see the printouts if you can get them
I'll take a picture of it tonight

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I'll take a picture of it tonight
If it's as hot and humid by you as it is me then I'm not surprised the numbers weren't changed much. Also, if memory serves, the tune doesn't reset the KAM. Doing so (easy with the procal) and driving around a bit may help. Although it may feel a little down on power immediately after the reset.

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
If it's as hot and humid by you as it is me then I'm not surprised the numbers weren't changed much. Also, if memory serves, the tune doesn't reset the KAM. Doing so (easy with the procal) and driving around a bit may help. Although it may feel a little down on power immediately after the reset.
They had the battery disconnected when installing so I would assume the KAM was reset for those two dyno runs after. I did however reset the KAM myself after I left to give a fresh start. Was about 80 degrees for the first run and 85 degrees for the following 2 runs. Forget the humidity but it's on the sheet. Humidity was in the 50s I think.

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I'm not concerned with the dyno numbers though, just did it to see a before/after. I can definitely feel a power increase in the lower RPM and normal driving which is what I was looking for.

Sponsored

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
I'm not concerned with the dyno numbers though, just did it to see a before/after. I can definitely feel a power increase in the lower RPM and normal driving which is what I was looking for.
Is your car auto or mt?

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I actually watched it closely today. Temps were 91° F with 58% humidity. CHT stayed at 196 cruising. Peaked at 212 for a few seconds when stopped. Removing the cover really helps.

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be interested to see the dyno graphs too. It's odd you said the before and after graphs were basically on top of each other except for a small loss up top yet you feel a power increase in lower RPMs and normal driving. Would think that power increase would show on the graphs. Maybe it's improved transmission tuning that is making it feel better?

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I'll be interested to see the dyno graphs too. It's odd you said the before and after graphs were basically on top of each other except for a small loss up top yet you feel a power increase in lower RPMs and normal driving. Would think that power increase would show on the graphs. Maybe it's improved transmission tuning that is making it feel better?
Attached. Run 1 is before the FP Tune, Run 3 is after FP tune

E0044FC4-6969-4991-9BF5-2F36BC77AFFE.jpeg

DFA92A8C-A6FF-46E3-A4C4-5415FA894BF4.jpeg

Sponsored

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
So basically...

Real dyno this tune sucks
Butt dyno this tune is awesome

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Wow! I'd sure like to see dyno runs from others.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Do you have any delays in normal mode in 5th to 6th gear? You mention power increase in lower rpms. If I'm driving in normal mode I feel like my car is lacking power especially in 5th to 6th gear or as if it stays in 5th a bit to long. Trying to figure out if its my tranny, tourque converter or something else. I've already done kam resets and didn't change anything.

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Do you have any delays in normal mode in 5th to 6th gear? You mention power increase in lower rpms. If I'm driving in normal mode I feel like my car is lacking power especially in 5th to 6th gear or as if it stays in 5th a bit to long. Trying to figure out if its my tranny, tourque converter or something else. I've already done kam resets and didn't change anything.
Just took a ride up to the store. In normal mode with it in D, it never hits 4. Tried slowly getting there and quickly, and it goes from 3 to 5 every time. If I move the lever into S, which is what I usually drive in, I don’t notice any abnormal delay from 4 to 5, but before the tune it would be clunky occasionally going from 4 to 5 (which I’ve read is common) and that’s gone now. With this tune, there’s no delay in power in any gear for me. If you can elaborate more I can try to replicate and see.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just took a ride up to the store. In normal mode with it in D, it never hits 4. Tried slowly getting there and quickly, and it goes from 3 to 5 every time. If I move the lever into S, which is what I usually drive in, I don’t notice any abnormal delay from 4 to 5, but before the tune it would be clunky occasionally going from 4 to 5 (which I’ve read is common) and that’s gone now. With this tune, there’s no delay in power in any gear for me. If you can elaborate more I can try to replicate and see.
The only issue I see is 5th to 6th. Mine usually skips 4th too.
If I start driving from a stop not flooring it or anything once it goes into 5th the power just lacks. You can hear it in my exhaust too. After it goes into 6th it's fine. It's as if my car sits in 5th to long. Sometimes I'll see my rpms slightly drop in 5th. I never saw it prior to the tune. Only happens in normal though so I wonder if it's the tourqe converter just trying to keep things study for mpg.
Sport mode can be rough sometimes so around town I usually leave it in normal. I'll have to get a video of it.
Sponsored