Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
@StangTime I still need to check mine from when you posted the info. Hadnt had a chance
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
@StangTime I still need to check mine from when you posted the info. Hadnt had a chance
Yes you should have a look. This foam block is the cheapest most finicky thing. They could have made something much better. I wonder how they do this on the Mach1 as it appears to come with an identical air box/filter assembly from the factory.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
@green97probe you might want to adjust your foam. The hard backing on the foam piece needs to be on the outside of the air box. From the pics it appears yours went inside under the upper air box part. I posted this a few pages back: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ford-performance-tune-for-2018-gt.122943/post-3214193
It looks like your kit came with a much longer foam seal as well. Mine barely covers the hole at the bottom front edge towrd the headlight.
I used your pictures during the install, but the foam kept slipping out from under the top of the box no matter how much I tried.

I had some similar foam, so I cut a piece to close up the gap.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I used your pictures during the install, but the foam kept slipping out from under the top of the box no matter how much I tried.

I had some similar foam, so I cut a piece to close up the gap.
I had the same problem but was able to hold the edge back enough to get the top down. Once it was there I had to hold the top of the box down and tighten the bolts. If only I had a third arm and hand it would have been easier.

I have some of the very same Areocel foam that Ford uses for this part. I will probably extend it and seal it all the way.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I'm at 0.2 miles high. Installed the kit, ran through half a tank of 91 top tier gas before topping up the tank with 93. The engine got a good work out around town and I didn't hear any pinging before the top off.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I had Shell 91 in the tank as well.
The Procal can data log. Maybe see what you can learn from that? Or try some octane booster.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Absolutely. Good luck and post your findings here. :fingerscrossed:

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Maybe try a couple tanks of fuel system cleaner to see if that helps at all. I also haven't had any pinging, even when I went on a 600 mile road trip and got stuck with some back of the woods 87 octane.

I know you mentioned top tier fuel but driving habits could have an influence. Like if your friend often short trips without any long cruises.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running Gulf 93 with no issues.

My GT is all around stronger with this kit.

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have heard this tune is good, especially for the shifting of the A10. Has anyone been able to compare the trans shifting characteristics of this tune to one of the canned AED or PBD tunes?
Sponsored