Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
@StangTime nice info! I am one of those people that probably does not have the foam seated correctly. So I'll have to take a look this weekend, awesome!

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't be to concerned on the warranty side as yours expires in 5 mos. At this point inst

PowerPack2? There is only one Powerkit for the 2018+. Nice job though!!
My factory powertrain warranty is valid until 8/16/23, and the extended warranty until 8/16/25.

I really want this kit, but I can't afford major out of pocket expense right now should something not be covered.

RKRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT MT82 PP1 301A AE MR

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Has anyone tested if the tune adds No Lift Shift like it did for the older 15-17 cars?

it seems the 2018 paperwork says the 18+ has it stock but I've not seen anyone albe to get it to work (need to be in Track mode over 5000rpm)

SDAMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
"Installation of these select Ford Performance warranted performance packs and components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty."

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-warranty.pdf
Not necessarily true, as they even explain:

"This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins
upon installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36
months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the
manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Installation of these select Ford Performance warranted performance packs and components by an
authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Engine, driveline and suspension
concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the
terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty."

They cover 36 months of powertrain warranty from the day you bought the car, not when you install the kit. The question to me is, what happens in between 3 years to 5 years. If you pop your motor or trans, will they blame the tune and say "oh sorry FP warranty is over" and Ford wont cover because of the tune?

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase

upon installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36
months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the
Installation of these select Ford Performance warranted performance packs and components by an
authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Engine, driveline and suspension
concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the

They cover 36 months of powertrain warranty from the day you bought the car, not when you install the kit. The question to me is, what happens in between 3 years to 5 years. If you pop your motor or trans, will they blame the tune and say "oh sorry FP warranty is over" and Ford wont cover because of the tune?
I called Ford Performance's help line this afternoon and was told that Ford would have to prove that "the parts of the kit or calibration explicitly caused the issue resulting in a warranty claim".

Once you're passed 36,000 miles or three years from the original in service date of the vehicle, the Ford Performance warranty on the kit isn't applicable regardless of who did the installation.

Basically, what it seems to come down to is how lenient a particular service department is with mods.

I ordered the kit because I want to enjoy my Mustang, and not worry about "what ifs" that may never happen.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1

Welcome to that magical world called the gray zone. This will all most likely depend on your dealer and the issue. You're more likely to destroy a piston or rings by running 87, with the tune installed, than anything else that would get you denied.

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Do any non-US or Canadian 18+ GT' members have this fitted ?
Ford state, “Calibrations are for US and Canadian vehicles only”

Curious as to the “actual” reason to why. I was not aware our OEM tunes were much different.

I’m in AUS and curious if I bought one, would FP still let me get an account and DL the new tune?

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Do any non-US or Canadian 18+ GT' members have this fitted ?
Ford state, “Calibrations are for US and Canadian vehicles only”

Curious as to the “actual” reason to why. I was not aware our OEM tunes were much different.

I’m in AUS and curious if I bought one, would FP still let me get an account and DL the new tune?

I saw a report here, possibly in the UK forum, where I think somebody from the UK got it. There was some minor confusion/problems mentioned, but I believe an "export" version of the tune was provided by FP. Hopefully that member will speak up here, but if not, I suggest asking in the UK forum.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Just ordered this kit from Levittown Ford thanks to Stangtime's excellent review.
You have a manual? You will appreciate the reduced rev hang. In normal mode the car pulls away from a stop with far less effort. In sport mode the car forces you to shift faster and drive it more aggressively. The car just wants to go. I haven't driven in track mode yet. I need to find an open road where nobody is around. I also want to try out the "no lift shift" feature that the tune is supposedly supporting.
Mind you, I have the PP1 that comes with the Torsen diff with 3.73 gears and that adds to this kit's performance to really helps to get the car moving.

One possible negative... I have noticed the MT82 transmission is a smidge notchier from 1-2-3. Maybe the extra torque is causing the transmission and shifter bracket to misalign more. That could just be me though. I'm still re-learning how to drive it with the extra horsepower and torque.

Transmission variations aside, I think it's safe to say this kit gives us Bullitt/Mach1 level performance on our GT's assuming installation on a PP1/PP2 level vehicle? The whole air intake/throttle body are basically the same.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
You have a manual? You will appreciate the reduced rev hang. In normal mode the car pulls away from a stop with far less effort. In sport mode the car forces you to shift faster and drive it more aggressively. The car just wants to go. I haven't driven in track mode yet. I need to find an open road where nobody is around. I also want to try out the "no lift shift" feature that the tune is supposedly supporting.
Mind you, I have the PP1 that comes with the Torsen diff with 3.73 gears and that adds to this kit's performance to really helps to get the car moving.

One possible negative... I have noticed the MT82 transmission is a smidge notchier from 1-2-3. Maybe the extra torque is causing the transmission and shifter bracket to misalign more. That could just be me though. I'm still re-learning how to drive it with the extra horsepower and torque.

Transmission variations aside, I think it's safe to say this kit gives us Bullitt/Mach1 level performance on our GT's assuming installation on a PP1/PP2 level vehicle? The whole air intake/throttle body are basically the same.
I agree my car runs great and pulls hard.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
My MT82 doesn't have any issues with this tune. No extra notchiness.
Sponsored