Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I just realized that the Mach 1/Bullitt can run on 87 Octane. This kit sure publishes gains close to Bullitt/Mach 1 in HP, but more TQ on paper. stock Bullitt/Mach 1 is 480/420 vs stock GT 460/420. the FP numbers brings the stock GT now to 479/438. But 91 Octane is now required at a minimum though.
what you don’t see is that frpp like most tuners. Disables or pulls pack tq management with this tune. It’s a great way to make under the curve gains. Also comparing this to the bullitt and mach 1 isn’t apples for apples
they have the gt350 intake which is up for debate whether or not, it’s really worth it on the gEN 3 engine. Remember all of Fords performance engines are rated at 93 not 91. The bullitt has an extremely conservative tune. But they did it not to step over the Gt350 we know this because the old frpp stage 3 package for the gen 2 cars made 478hp with the same mods as the bullitt. And you mean to tell me with all the advancements with the gen 3 engine it’s a 2hp gain sure very convincing
They also know your average person doesn’t pay attention to what gas they use. So it pays them to leave the octane adjust on and keep it safe. Most of the time it’ll be premium gas only on the cobras or Shelby’s. I don’t even recall the boss 302 requiring 91/93. I know on the track key it was recommended to run 100 no lead race gas if possible because the tune was fairly aggressive with cam timing
Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Same as me.
If you get on it much you'll soon be wanting more tire in the back. 1st and most of 2nd is pretty useless with the factory Michelins
As in... a wider tire?

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
As in... a wider tire?
Wider is important but so is the actual compound of the tire. I always had too much wheel spin with the PS4S. Switching to a DR made all the difference.

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Wider is important but so is the actual compound of the tire. I always had too much wheel spin with the PS4S. Switching to a DR made all the difference.
That's true too. I like the PS4s for everything except launching hard. I'm coming up on deciding whether I want to keep the PS4s or switch to something else.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Well I can already spin those MPS4's fairly easy in the turns. They seem to stick better on a straight away launch though. I drive them hard only when warm and around 31 psi.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
A question for any MT82 folks with this tune. Does it remove the power limiting in first gear? It doesn't always happen to me, but sometimes if I give it a lot of throttle in first while at a very low speed, NOTHING will happen. It drives me nuts.

Sponsored

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
^^ It helps with the torque down low for sure. Do you have 3.55 rear gear, the base GT?

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
A question for any MT82 folks with this tune. Does it remove the power limiting in first gear? It doesn't always happen to me, but sometimes if I give it a lot of throttle in first while at a very low speed, NOTHING will happen. It drives me nuts.
That's the nature of the engine and the long gears. It's not going to move until you get past 3-4k rpms even with 3.73s. This tune won't help that much. If supercharging is out of the question, I'd suggest looking at gears. 4.09 is popular but I'll personally be getting 4.56s (maybe 4.88s).

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
I'm not talking about a lack of low end grunt at all. I'm talking about a very obvious situation when the computer steps in and cuts almost all power.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm not talking about a lack of low end grunt at all. I'm talking about a very obvious situation when the computer steps in and cuts almost all power.
Thats from traction control. Did you hold the button down for 10 sec?

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Double tap the traction control to turn on advanced trac sport mode or hold for 10 seconds to turn off traction control and see if it still happens. It's been a while since I was stock but, as others have said, the car is more consistently fast with the tune. Stock I'd have good days and bad days, the latter causing the car to feel noticeably more sluggish. It's also been under 30° F lately so just tapping the throttle makes her wanna go vroom.
Sponsored