Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Thanks !
I tried again this afternoon but like others the top part of the airbox is popping up and is completely in its correct position when the hood is closed only. So when I kept pressing on it I can put the foam correctly and it’s ok. As soon as I release the pressure it goes away.

I’ve put some auto adhesive rubber and it’s all good for now…it feels like a poor design though.

BTW is it my mind or what ?! I feel it’s louder/deeper through the exhaust ??
It can be done, mine is still secure though close up you can see where it's almost in the correct position (but still sealed)...

IMG_4617.jpg
Sponsored

illanxr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Illan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP 1 Magneride
Anybody has the tune and the Ford PremiumCARE extended warranty? I'm over the 36K miles of the bumper to bumper warranty and about to reach the 60K of the powertrain warranty, so soon it will be my only "safety net". My dealer said that if they install it "it should be okay", but I have seen them being sneaky in the past, so I was wondering if anybody has experience with that. I don't wanna have a big warranty repair and have them saying that it is not covered because of the tune

Thanks a lot!

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3
Ordered my Performance kit from Levittown Ford based on a couple recommendations, thanks StangTime and quikcolin, and it arrived yesterday safe and sound... can't wait till spring! I'm running the factory 3.73's. Nice to read all the other reviews and successes for the kit.

Fordohio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WIlliam
Vehicle(s)
73 F100 20 Mustang GT
Is there a consensus of the best oil separator to use with this kit? I really like the Ford one because it has a bracket. I don't know how I feel about one of the ones that just kind of hangs there.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Is there a consensus of the best oil separator to use with this kit? I really like the Ford one because it has a bracket. I don't know how I feel about one of the ones that just kind of hangs there.
I prefer the Ford Performance separator best. I wanted to continue using it so I designed a relocation kit. PCV fittings need to be removed from your original hoses as I could not find a source for these OEM parts. Still waiting on hose clamps so I can package all the necessary parts and sell them to fellow members who have this tune. The powder-coated steel bracket installs using the existing bolt on the wire harness bracket and an extra bolt installed through the spare hole accessed from the strut area (Note: Plastic engine cover will not fit with this attached unless you notch out the cover for clearance):
1638042053702.png

The powder-coated bracket:
20210925_121128.jpg

New home for the oil separator. So easy to clean too. Pop off the hose ends and dump the contents:
1638042656006.png

1638042714248.png

This is the additional stainless steel bolt to attach the bracket. Turn the wheels out and you can reach in to install it.
20211127_145926.jpg

Once I have a reliable source for the hose clamps I will make an announcement to sell a few kits. Also if anyone knows where to buy these Ford PCV fittings let me know. I searched everywhere and came up empty. I would prefer to ship pre-made hoses with the fittings already attached. But it's also not a difficult thing to assemble. The hardest part is cutting off the fittings from the hard plastic hose without damaging the O-rings.

Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Hmm, I'm interested. Don't care for the UPR that's just floating around.

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I prefer the Ford Performance separator best. I wanted to continue using it so I designed a relocation kit. PCV fittings need to be removed from your original hoses as I could not find a source for these OEM parts. Still waiting on hose clamps so I can package all the necessary parts and sell them to fellow members who have this tune. The powder-coated steel bracket installs using the existing bolt on the wire harness bracket and an extra bolt installed through the spare hole accessed from the strut area (Note: Plastic engine cover will not fit with this attached unless you notch out the cover for clearance):
1638042053702.png

The powder-coated bracket:
20210925_121128.jpg

New home for the oil separator. So easy to clean too. Pop off the hose ends and dump the contents:
1638042656006.png

1638042714248.png

This is the additional stainless steel bolt to attach the bracket. Turn the wheels out and you can reach in to install it.
20211127_145926.jpg

Once I have a reliable source for the hose clamps I will make an announcement to sell a few kits. Also if anyone knows where to buy these Ford PCV fittings let me know. I searched everywhere and came up empty. I would prefer to ship pre-made hoses with the fittings already attached. But it's also not a difficult thing to assemble. The hardest part is cutting off the fittings from the hard plastic hose without damaging the O-rings.
Would these work

786B686E-D31A-439B-8423-4A0DF21A7FFA.jpeg

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Would these work

Those are the fittings. But 4 are required. Thats $44. At that price I can't justify putting them in the kit. But if you want to use new fittings and save the original PCV hoses, that is an option to purchase on your own.

Sponsored

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I ended up with the JLT remote version. Mounts on a bracket next to the windshield washer fluid bottle. I didn’t like the version that just hangs also.

Doug

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue A10
Just installed this kit today and a few disappointments:

1. No instructions whatsoever for the programming. Thankfully Ford Performance answered my call and walked me through it.
2. Fitment of the air tube to the throttle body is off. Had to really shove it on and tighten while holding it in a death grip.
3. Clearance for the 87mm TB/adapter and all the tubes is really tight.
4. MAF sensor wire is also very tight.

Overall fitment is poor. For a premium priced factory kit this is not acceptable.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1

1. No instructions whatsoever for the programming. Thankfully Ford Performance answered my call and walked me through it.
2. Fitment of the air tube to the throttle body is off. Had to really shove it on and tighten while holding it in a death grip.

Overall fitment is poor. For a premium priced factory kit this is not acceptable.
Stop being a karen and go drive it.

GT_MTL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yves
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium - 2018 F-150 XLT

100% agreed... But it's really worth it when you drive it!
As someone mentionned don't forget to erase you KAM parameters using the provided programmer.

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue A10
100% agreed... But it's really worth it when you drive it!
As someone mentionned don't forget to erase you KAM parameters using the provided programmer.
What is the process for that?
Sponsored