Ford Performance Tune for 2018+ GT

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Received my kit yesterday from Levittown Ford. (They had the lowest price I could find.) At first they sent me a 2015 - 2017 Power Pack 2. Got that sent back and they got the correct kit sent out to me. Now I just have to get a computer since everything I have is an Apple device. Parents live about 60 miles away and have a windows based laptop, guess I will have to drive out, grab it, install, then drive back. I did notice Best Buy has a ASUS laptop for $220, may just go buy it so I have a dedicated laptop. Will report back one I have the kit installed.

Doug
Sponsored

RKRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT MT82 PP1 301A AE MR
It's funny you mention this option, it's something that I wanted to do exactly, for the very reasons you outlined, but then somehow went off into wanting a full catback.
However, since bringing this up, I'm gonna strongly consider back to this route, because frankly, it also saves quite a bit of cost too.
It's definitely one of those times where the simplest solution is the best solution.
Also, are the pics playing with my eyes or are you below minimum on coolant?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Received my kit yesterday from Levittown Ford. (They had the lowest price I could find.) At first they sent me a 2015 - 2017 Power Pack 2. Got that sent back and they got the correct kit sent out to me. Now I just have to get a computer since everything I have is an Apple device. Parents live about 60 miles away and have a windows based laptop, guess I will have to drive out, grab it, install, then drive back. I did notice Best Buy has a ASUS laptop for $220, may just go buy it so I have a dedicated laptop. Will report back one I have the kit installed.

Doug
This is exactly what I ended up doing. $200 asus at best buy. I have zero access to a windows pc.
One plus is that you can use that laptop to dive into adjusting your as - built settings.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forums/diy.101/

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC

Doug
If you are going to borrow a laptop I would make sure you do a backup of the tune files (stock and FRRP) just in case as there is no other way to recover them if you need them...

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
If you are going to borrow a laptop I would make sure you do a backup of the tune files (stock and FRRP) just in case as there is no other way to recover them if you need them...
Aren't both tunes stored in the Procal device? Not on the laptop. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sponsored

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Kona Blue
Aren't both tunes stored in the Procal device? Not on the laptop. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct. I believe the older procal was on the computer, but the new one is on the device.

Cody5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Performance Pack
I really wish Ford would’ve gone about this kit from a whole different angle.

1) Tune and filter would’ve been sufficient.

2) The FP open air box adds some flash but they should’ve just made one that retains the stock MAF & TB.

I bought the kit last year and have done nothing with it. The more I read the less I want to even fuss with it. Between the clocked throttle body, intake tube fitment, brake aspirator tube clearance and hood gap issues it’s kind of disheartening.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

2) The FP open air box adds some flash but they should’ve just made one that retains the stock MAF & TB.

I bought the kit last year and have done nothing with it. The more I read the less I want to even fuss with it. Between the clocked throttle body, intake tube fitment, brake aspirator tube clearance and hood gap issues it’s kind of disheartening.
I think you should put it on and enjoy it. I've had mine for about 8 months now and just love it.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair with regards to the hood alignment issue - most I have seen look a little low on the non airbox side which then highlights the slightly high airbox side. I'm sure with a bit of fiddling the alignment could be improved (but maybe not fully fixed).

The connector rubbing a hole in the blanket would defo piss me off - I had a claim with Ford on that with a standard GT after 500 miles ... :frown:

WD :like:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The hood fitment is not an issue for most. On my car it didn't change at all. Looks perfect.

Sponsored

Cody5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Performance Pack
My main point is the flashy parts don’t do anything other than provide the most fitment issues. With the re-tooling they did on the CAI they shoulda just did a new elbow too sans TB & adapter.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

My car has/had no fitment issues. My hood fits fine, I wish I could say the same for my rear fascia. Ford is going to use parts that are already in production, the TB, the CAI are off the GT350/Bullitt. I am happy they used the CAI off the GT350/Bullitt as it gives the car a nice induction noise. Also if they used the same mass air size I don't think we would be having the same gains. I have had this kit on my car now for exactly one year now and I am extremely happy with it.

Cody5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Performance Pack
The airbox itself is a one off to clear the engine cover.

Had they used the GT350/Bullitt/Mach1 box it’d fit better. The seal on those are of much better design. Again with the re-tool for the box they shoulda just done the whole thing. At minimum they should switch to the Mach 1 elbow so brake aspirator tube fitment is a non issue.

Torey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
For those with this kit... does this fitting dig into your hood liner?
20210406_221206a.jpg

I was looking around under the hood the other day and noticed a pretty significant indentation in the hood insulation from this breather tube. It looks as though it will chew right through it at some point. I am wondering if I should compress the hood liner with my fingers to create an indentation to give it some space?
Does the intake suck air out of the hood vent or does it press up where the vent is not? Maybe a pic of the invention would be good?

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Does the intake suck air out of the hood vent or does it press up where the vent is not? Maybe a pic of the invention would be good?
It “seals” to the hood and intakes via the nose just like the standard closed box does.
Sponsored