Sponsored

Ford Performance Track Handling Suspension Package - Advice

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
sorry man but you're WAY off. Multimatic damper are real dampers with a completely different valving setup from passive dampers the world over. The FP ones are bargain basement tech. I'm sure I could valve them better just looking at the factory shim stack without even modeling the piston.

no argument there. The 'street' kit nee PP1 is a sick joke.

Talked to a marketing guy at Ford Racing back in 2017 when Ford had a huge gathering in Santa Monica at the Shutters on the Beach, he told me the shocks were based off the Multimatic curves learned on the race teams. Thats why you don't listen to marketing folks. DOH!!!

That being said I would never buy a Bilstein product again. I had them on my E92 M3, the front strut had a leak and the part was on back order for almost a year. Just ended up going back to the OEM EDC struts and shocks.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope you’re getting a kick back from FP!

Not sure where I said FP springs weren’t linear? I’m pretty sure I suggested looking at alternative linear springs.

Enlighten me on who’s making the mediocre FP twin tubes?

Before you pull the trigger on this kit, consider the bilsteins, a linear spring rate, and some whiteline sway bars
Took it from this statement. Maybe read more into it than I should have.

Last edited:

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
That being said I would never buy a Bilstein product again. I had them on my E92 M3, the front strut had a leak and the part was on back order for almost a year. Just ended up going back to the OEM EDC struts and shocks.
As another data point, I’ve beat the crap out of many sets of bilsteins between rock crawling and racing SM over the years.

In all that time I only had one that was leaking it’s gas charge.

Fortunately at this price point on the Mustang if I have a problem, I’ll buy a replacement and send the leaker in for warranty.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As another data point, I’ve beat the crap out of many sets of bilsteins between rock crawling and racing SM over the years.

In all that time I only had one that was leaking it’s gas charge.

Fortunately at this price point on the Mustang if I have a problem, I’ll buy a replacement and send the leaker in for warranty.

Thats what I tried, it was still under warranty. They just didn't have a replacement available. The good news is the OEM Sach shocks on the E92 M3 with the comp package aren't a bad shock.

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 6M & 2011 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Just had the track pack installed so figured i'd jump on here. I can't really add much that hasn't already been said, but so far i'm impressed. The car drives so much better. Very responsive and stays flat in turns. I took it on some side roads with tight turns and was able to comfortably take the turns pretty aggressively. Long sweepers, no problem. The car pulls right through them. The only NVH i've noticed is a very slight vibration around 70mph. Also, it feels like the car is stiffer in sport mode than it is in track mode. This is from a low sample size so my feeling could change on this.

I'm happy with the result. I'll drive it for a while and then see what mod is next.

Sponsored

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 6M & 2011 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Forgot to mention that I went with the middle settings on both the front and rear sways. I know many in here have theirs on the middle setting on the front and the softest setting on the back. Middle-middle seemed like a good place to start and adjust from based on the the handling and ride quality.

Bonedizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
I am 90% leaning towards ordering this kit as well, and I was wondering if there is anything else I should get "while I am down there". I already have the Steeda stop the hop kit with BMR vertical links. I will be doing no track days, so I think camber plates are not necessary. Are RLCA bearings necessary?

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
RLCA bearings would be overkill for your purposes. I think you'll be happy with this kit plus your existing hardware.

t-zoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1
My kit showed up yesterday. Looking for some advice for when I have the kit installed. I have a 2020 PP1 that I daily except for when it’s raining or the car is in winter storage.

What setting should I use for the front and rear sway bars? Soft or stiff?

What about the alignment? Ford factory Performance Pack alignment specification, or Ford Performance alignment specs? What’s the handling difference between the two and how significant is the tire wear between the two?

Thanks for any thoughts you share.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put my sways front sway in the middle and the rear to full soft. I was able to hit the recommended alignment setting provided in the instructions without camber/caster plates. If you like to carve up the road go with the Ford Performance alignment. Its -1.5 deg front and -1.9 deg rear. Not to mention it looks good.

IMG_20220319_183508116_HDR_PORTRAIT_2.jpg

Sponsored

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I put my sways front sway in the middle and the rear to full soft. I was able to hit the recommended alignment setting provided in the instructions without camber/caster plates. If you like to carve up the road go with the Ford Performance alignment. Its -1.5 deg front and -1.9 deg rear. Not to mention it looks good.

IMG_20220319_183508116_HDR_PORTRAIT_2.jpg
Where can i find the full alignment specs from Ford Performance? Is it buried on their site somewhere?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where can i find the full alignment specs from Ford Performance? Is it buried on their site somewhere?
It's with the instructions.

Screenshot_20220422-150435.png

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool thank you. I was hoping there was more information bur I guess they're assuming no camber plates or additional help.

Sorry, lowering the car will add some negative camber to begin with. I was able to reach those alignment specs with no camber plates.

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Sorry, lowering the car will add some negative camber to begin with. I was able to reach those alignment specs with no camber plates.
My car has camber plates but on the street I wouldn't want to go more than their specs anyway.
Sponsored