Sponsored

Ford Performance Track Handling Suspension Package - Advice

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You run a really good chance of throwing off the frame alignment
the IRS alignment from the factory is total crap. use the Bmr/Steeda alignment dowels and get it actually right.
Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Take the lower control arm completely off and use a hydraulic press. I removed mine using a c-clamp and the amount of leverage required was ridiculous. They do however go back in much easier than they come out.

mtr5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT Shadow Black 401a A10 3.15 gear

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes and trim them as well

rsayers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium. 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
I'll add another review for this kit since I recently had it installed.

Can't comment on installation as I had a shop do it. But I can confirm what was said earlier, the stance looks amazing, and it drives even better. I have had a chance to push it a little. The whole car feels so composed no matter what you are doing with it. You definitely feel a bit more of the road, but it's not uncomfortable at all. I can still navigate speed bumps just fine.

Sponsored

mtr5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes and trim them as well
How much would you recommend trimming off ? If using minimum drop springs with the ford performance dampers, I’m considering buying this kit w/ minimum drop springs

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Another review of the FP track handling kit. The ride firmness is similar to the 2016 GT350 I used to own. Possibly just slightly more firm. Definitely still comfortable on the streets and a lot more confidence inspiring than the mushy stock springs on the PP1.

I haven't been to the track with the car yet, so I don't know how it will feel there, but I think I'm familiar enough with the GT350 I owned for 3 1/2 years and put 33,000 miles on and S550s in general to say that I believe it will be really good on track.

The car is much lower, but I don't have any problem with the front spoiler or body bottoming out and hitting everything like I did with the GT350. That is so nice not constantly worrying and planning to try to prevent rubs and scrapes.

The toe bushings are a real PITA to swap. I did it with a rental tool from the local auto parts store. Definitely the ones in the kit are going to hold the rear wheels in the correct position far better than the soft stock PP1 bushings. Compared to the bushings in my PP1, the bushings in the kit are very precise. IMO it depends on your goals, but for great handling I think it's worth doing the bushings.

mtr5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another review of the FP track handling kit. The ride firmness is similar to the 2016 GT350 I used to own. Possibly just slightly more firm. Definitely still comfortable on the streets and a lot more confidence inspiring than the mushy stock springs on the PP1.

I haven't been to the track with the car yet, so I don't know how it will feel there, but I think I'm familiar enough with the GT350 I owned for 3 1/2 years and put 33,000 miles on and S550s in general to say that I believe it will be really good on track.

The car is much lower, but I don't have any problem with the front spoiler or body bottoming out and hitting everything like I did with the GT350. That is so nice not constantly worrying and planning to try to prevent rubs and scrapes.

The toe bushings are a real PITA to swap. I did it with a rental tool from the local auto parts store. Definitely the ones in the kit are going to hold the rear wheels in the correct position far better than the soft stock PP1 bushings. Compared to the bushings in my PP1, the bushings in the kit are very precise. IMO it depends on your goals, but for great handling I think it's worth doing the bushings.
What spring did you go with ?
Thanks

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolute Black 2017 GT Fastback (Manual)

Sounds great! 👍🏼

I'm having the FP FR3 track suspension kit installed today! Can't wait to feel the difference! 😎👍👌🏽

Are you also planning to fit any front/rear K / IRS subframe braces to further improve chassis rigidity?

Is it worth also fitting all the subframe braces if you've got the track handling pack?

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sounds great! 👍🏼

I'm having the FP FR3 track suspension kit installed today! Can't wait to feel the difference! 😎👍👌🏽

Are you also planning to fit any front/rear K / IRS subframe braces to further improve chassis rigidity?

Is it worth also fitting all the subframe braces if you've got the track handling pack?
I did the rear subframe bushing lockout kit from BMR. I think it's CB005. I've read up on other braces but haven't gone forward with any of them. I had the CB005 on my GT350 as well. I felt like I noticed a difference in the GT350 with the CB005, so I decided to go with that kit again.

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolute Black 2017 GT Fastback (Manual)
I did the rear subframe bushing lockout kit from BMR. I think it's CB005. I've read up on other braces but haven't gone forward with any of them. I had the CB005 on my GT350 as well. I felt like I noticed a difference in the GT350 with the CB005, so I decided to go with that kit again.
Good stuff. I'm thinking I'll go with the STEEDA Ultimate 'Stop-The-Hop' Package for the rear, and also the Steeda shock tower and G-Trak K-member front braces to compliment the FR3 track handling pack.
Sponsored