Sponsored

Ford Performance Track Handling Kit vs Steeda Suspension kit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PREM
I want to change the suspension on my 2020 Mustang GT non-PP car. I have lowering springs on stock struts but it is a bouncy ride. I wanted to upgrade my Suspension with either the Ford Performance Track Handling Pack or a comparable Steeda Suspension package. My car is a Daily Driver and I only plan on driving backroads and maybe an occasional track day to learn more about the limits of my car.

So I am trying to figure out which will be best for my purposes. Just looking for feedback on who has these setups and which one is the best bang for the buck.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide!
Sponsored

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
I just ordered FP Street Handling Pack, (great price from Levittown Ford) I thought the Track pack would be too harsh for everyday driving. Unfortunately my car is put away for winter and I won't do the install until spring.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I went with the Track Kit from Ford Performance, its not harsh at all for everyday driving. It is still very compliant and to be frank I think this is the way the car should have came from the factory.

12-5a.jpg

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I went with the Track Kit from Ford Performance, its not harsh at all for everyday driving. It is still very compliant and to be frank I think this is the way the car should have came from the factory.

12-5a.jpg
I really like the overall stance of the car. Did you get the kit directly from Ford or through a dealership, how much did it run if you donā€™t mind divulging. I donā€™t do much straight line racing anymore but I have a mountain thatā€™s 54 miles up and down. I want to get a really solid suspension set up that I can drive on the road and do this 2 or 3 times a month.
C30BCEFB-28A5-42DF-8037-5D3C21FB3F75.jpeg

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I loved the Track Pack on my 19GT Base. The car sat lower, the struts/shocks and springs really eliminated the "boaty" feel when on the track. The off-track characteristics weren't really too much worse, not like the lowering kits that have you bottoming out everywhere. It'll certainly give you a little more confidence and echoing others, really, the way it should have come from the factory.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really like the overall stance of the car. Did you get the kit directly from Ford or through a dealership, how much did it run if you donā€™t mind divulging. I donā€™t do much straight line racing anymore but I have a mountain thatā€™s 54 miles up and down. I want to get a really solid suspension set up that I can drive on the road and do this 2 or 3 times a month.
C30BCEFB-28A5-42DF-8037-5D3C21FB3F75.jpeg
I got it new/used from a forum member. He had it new, sold the Stang and never installed the kit. You can get it from an assortment of vendors here on this board. I obviously didn't pay full price, but I think they run about $1200 now. I chose the Ford Performance kit due to just that, it was a kit designed in conjunction with the other components. I also wanted to keep it all Ford as much as I can. You could have drove that rode with the stock setp, just wouldn't have been as much funšŸ˜†

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I got it new/used from a forum member. He had it new, sold the Stang and never installed the kit. You can get it from an assortment of vendors here on this board. I obviously didn't pay full price, but I think they run about $1200 now. I chose the Ford Performance kit due to just that, it was a kit designed in conjunction with the other components. I also wanted to keep it all Ford as much as I can. You could have drove that rode with the stock setp, just wouldn't have been as much funšŸ˜†
Done with the C5 the goat now the pony. And youā€™re definitely right on that last sentence. thanks for the info.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I'd get which ever one you can get the best deal on, both companies are outstanding suspension upgrades. Steeda is great company and easy to work with. I've got the magneride suspension and went with the FP spring and sway track package and it is a great improvement. I also added the steeda K brace which really improved the front end handling. I'd recommend adding camber plates while you have it torn apart. Wish I had, would make changing the camber on the front so much easier. I ended getting the camber bolts and they are a bit of a hassle to adjust.

Grhyno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
+1 on FP track kit. I purchased a base GT, knowing that I was going to switch everything out. The ride is not to harsh and even has the approval of the wifey! I upgraded the brakes as well with the FP Brembo kit from the Bullit. Another upgrade that transformed the car as well. Good luck with your choice and enjoy the twisties.

20220109_153608(1).jpg

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
+1 on FP track kit. I purchased a base GT, knowing that I was going to switch everything out. The ride is not to harsh and even has the approval of the wifey! I upgraded the brakes as well with the FP Brembo kit from the Bullit. Another upgrade that transformed the car as well. Good luck with your choice and enjoy the twisties.

20220109_153608(1).jpg

I like your taste in wheels!!!

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We have some great options from the Active Shocks & Struts to the comfort package with the fixed/Progressive shocks & struts - https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-comfort-suspension-package-15-17-555-2422

We have many different routes you can go & we have tested them extensively - let me know if I can put you in contact with our build team - they can work with you on what best suits your needs.

You can email me direct at tim @ steeda ... we'll get you locked in to Cyber Monday deals.
Best Regards,

TJ

rsayers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium. 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
Can't speak to the steeda kit, but I've had the FP Track Kit since Jan of this year on my daily driver and have been really happy with it. The car handles really great, with almost no trade off in comfort.

PXL_20221021_214357463(1).jpg
Sponsored