Ford Performance Street Handling Pack installed///Alignment results

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I have the FP street handling kit installed on a non PP1 premium GT 401A with the stock 18” wheels 255/45/18 tire’s Continental DWS. I have not added any adjustability to the suspension. I had it aligned yesterday. Below are the results. Seeking input. I have just about no knowledge alignment specs. The car has 1/4” Steeda rear spacers as well. Thanks. This car is solely a street driven car.

C9D36386-FAA3-4685-B68A-57344A80D6F6.jpeg
Sponsored

josaycuervo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1 (MT, Velocity Blue)
I recently got an alignment from a reputable local tuning shop that has a ton of experience with these cars. Told them I wanted a setup that was good for street and canyon blasts. I have the same setup (w/ camber bolts) minus rear spacers and springs. Here's what they did:
  • Front
    • Camber -1.8 each side
    • Caster (fixed @ 7.2 left, 7.0 right)
    • Toe 0.01 each side
    • Steer Ahead 0.0
  • Rear
    • Camber -1.6 left, -1.7 right
    • Toe 0.11 left, 0.09 right
    • Thrust Angle 0.01
From what I understand small deviations between left and right are normal. Having a difference of 0.3 and 0.4 degrees of camber is not. I'd get another alignment somewhere else.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
too much deviation between the sides. the numbers aren't horrible, they should at least be pretty symetrical.

have em try again or get your money back. if they can't get it right they should give you half price for a half assed job.

OP
OP

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
He pulled me into the shop and explained that he could not adjust the front camber without camber bolts. I can bring it back and they will install bolts and redo. If I don’t want the bolts or the plates I’m stuck with this right?

josaycuervo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1 (MT, Velocity Blue)
Yes. Definitely worth it. Getting more camber out of the front improved the handling balance a good bit. More neutral handling and I'm not fighting mid-corner understeer anymore.

I'm not an expert but I believe the added caster you have over stock leads to more camber on turns. You might have too much camber on the left front for street use.

Sponsored

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
That caster makes no sense. It won't hurt anything being that high, but there is no reason it should be. That alone makes me question the integrity of the alignment. I'm also a little surprised the camber is out of spec. I've done 3 or 4 of these cars and the camber has always still been in spec without camber bolts or plates. Can you post the before? I could probably tell you a little more with that.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
He pulled me into the shop and explained that he could not adjust the front camber without camber bolts. I can bring it back and they will install bolts and redo. If I don’t want the bolts or the plates I’m stuck with this right?
Technically his alignment machine told him how to adjust front camber without additional parts, which is directly from the Ford workshop manual. It is a total PITA though, so I can't blame him for not doing it.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Not completely. The holes for the strut/knuckle bolts can be elongated slightly (up to 1 mm each direction as in the Ford service manual) which should get your L/R camber settings the same.
Camber bolts are iffy, we have no idea if they are of the same quality as the Ford parts. And even the Ford bolts are one use only.

OP
OP

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
That caster makes no sense. It won't hurt anything being that high, but there is no reason it should be. That alone makes me question the integrity of the alignment. I'm also a little surprised the camber is out of spec. I've done 3 or 4 of these cars and the camber has always still been in spec without camber bolts or plates. Can you post the before? I could probably tell you a little more with that.
I will post before tomorrow…thanks for any help.
Sponsored