Sponsored

Ford Performance Street Handling Pack has same sway bars as Base 18 GT

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Hay guys the damper code you want look for ie suffix is ( H E ) FOMOCO is fiddling with the dampers so I have been researching them .. and as always BMR springs or a comparable spring . I am not to sure about the track dampers as to date .
Sponsored

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
This is why I don't buy aftermarket "packs" from Ford. You are better off and will save money getting something put together from Steeda, BMR or the like. Also, next time do a little researching before you spend money.

I tried but was up to almost $3,000 with steeda and all I really wanted to do was lower it.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I tried but was up to almost $3,000 with steeda and all I really wanted to do was lower it.
Damn man what did they try to sell you? You can get dampers and springs for ~$500-750, depending on the route you go.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium

I don't think you know how to shop on the internet. Did you quote one of their airbag kits? That is how much they cost.. LOL

Steeda.JPG
Steeda2.JPG

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Damn man what did they try to sell you? You can get dampers and springs for ~$500-750, depending on the route you go.
To be fair, that was going to be dampeners, Springs, k brace, g Trac brace, cambers plates, toe hooks, strut tower, bump stops etc etc.

I only have $950 in the ford kit and if I can Craigslist the stiffer sway bars to a 15 to 17 customer for a couple hundred I'll be in the same range and maybe even come in a bit cheaper so it's all good I guess.

Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I buy brand new used $ 100.00 ........................... 1 has to know what they are looking at though . Peeps try to pawn shit off as 1 thing when in reality it is another .. i picked up the front lower control arms from a track pack for $ 100.00 .
An entire PP suspension for $200.00 assembled front struts . Shoot the PP springs and dampers are being given away by the guys doing bags .......

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be fair, that was going to be dampeners, Springs, k brace, g Trac brace, cambers plates, toe hooks, strut tower, bump stops etc etc.

I only have $950 in the ford kit and if I can Craigslist the stiffer sway bars to a 15 to 17 customer for a couple hundred I'll be in the same range and maybe even come in a bit cheaper so it's all good I guess.
Then you can't say that the Steeda offering is $3,000 and say that it is prices higher than the Ford Kit. The Steeda kit is superior and every way, and a whole lot more in that selection than the Ford kit. We are comparing apples to apples, and you are comparing apples to airplanes.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then you can't say that the Steeda offering is $3,000 and say that it is prices higher than the Ford Kit. The Steeda kit is superior and every way, and a whole lot more in that selection than the Ford kit. We are comparing apples to apples, and you are comparing apples to airplanes.
That is funny ! Steeda has aligned itself with Ford Performance as of late ...........

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is funny ! Steeda has aligned itself with Ford Performance as of late ...........
Yes, but that is not what I was inferring. What I am saying is that it started off with coils and sways not being much better than what he had stock, then he compared that to Steedas kit costing $3,000 as a comparison. When that was no comparison at all because the stuff that he priced from steeda included about 10 additional components. ;-)

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
I buy brand new used $ 100.00 ........................... 1 has to know what they are looking at though . Peeps try to pawn shit off as 1 thing when in reality it is another .. i picked up the front lower control arms from a track pack for $ 100.00 .
An entire PP suspension for $200.00 assembled front struts . Shoot the PP springs and dampers are being given away by the guys doing bags .......
True but with my hourly wage, the extra work of trying to shop used, deal with the jokers and con artists etc, not knowing how worn the take offs are etc. isn't worth the few hundred in savings. Ill spend twice the value of the savings in my man hours. I am not tying to waste money..and that includes keeping the cost in line with what i actually need rather than over buying...but it also includes consideration of my personal man hours involved in the project. More than 3 or 4 hours in the shopping, meeting people, driving to get the parts etc. and i am operating at a loss there.

Yes, but that is not what I was inferring. What I am saying is that it started off with coils and sways not being much better than what he had stock, then he compared that to Steedas kit costing $3,000 as a comparison. When that was no comparison at all because the stuff that he priced from steeda included about 10 additional components. ;-)
No doubt the Steeda stuff is good stuff. The problem is read all their material and it basically says ok if you get this spring you pretty much need one of these dampeners...then it goes on to say..okay if you get these springs and dampeners, you really need these sway bars etc etc. Their minimum build yourself kit in order to get all the "but you really also need to do this at the same time" still ended up being about $700 more than the minimum required combination of parts from Ford.

Now if you are tracking the conversation may be a bit different as the Ford Track kit is $500 more right out of the box so the price difference gets pretty negligible at that point. However i drive on a lot of misearbly maintained roads around here and the softer suspension is the better choice, which also just happens to be the cheaper options as well.

The ride height is about what i wanted . It doesn't bottom out on my driveway, handles a little better while simultaneously being a little smoother.

Now if i had actually known (which i obviously didn't) that the 18GT already came with performance pack upgraded sway bars i would have probably gotten the Steeda pro=actions and their progressive shocks (comes in the steeda "mustang comfort suspension package") for around the same money and as you said, higher quality. Even better, the Steeda package gives you an extra bit of drop in the front. At the time i thought my base GT was going to absolutely need the sway bars replaced to keep everything balanced well and adding sway bars to the Steeda package jumps the shopping cart to the same price as the total Ford performance track suspension or aound $1,500 before taxes.

While i was at it I also added the Strut tower and cowl/kbrace back in that is removed from the non PP mustang so i should have what amounts to a PP1 suspensioned car, just with the lowering spring kit now.. If i can sell a few of the parts, ill be in for around $800 in parts total after the stut/kbrace was added into the mix.

One thing you are forgetting is that Steeda doesnt give you the camber caster plate and will charge you another $269 where as the fords come pre assembled for the 1 inch drop at no extra charge. Steeda doesnt give you a set of new (supposedly stronger) rear shock mounts and charges you $199 where as they come on fords kit. Steeda charges you another $100 to pre-assemble the front shocks/springs/bumpstops if you don't necessarily trust your installer and want to make it as fool proof as possible (which i did) and fords come preassembled for free.....so all total there is a steeda "sir charge" of $569 right over top of everything right there...

Here it is with the ford street handling dampeners and Springs and the new Cervini Grill. I suspect it will drop just a wee bit more as it sits on the new springs for a few days or weeks.

20181031_104654_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well of course they are going to say..if you buy this..you should also buy this. That is the art of the upsell. That is where doing your own research is really handy. Or ask the good people on this board what you need in order to achieve your goal.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As your GT sits with the parts installed I would be happy .. good looking GT by the way .

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
What about the FRPP Track Handling Pack? That is what many folks here recommended to me. Hope it fits my needs as explained in my post about what to buy, cause I bought and it is being delivered soon. They said street driving is not bad (still comfy), and it is a good upgrade that tightens up the car while dropping it an inch.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
What about the FRPP Track Handling Pack? That is what many folks here recommended to me. Hope it fits my needs as explained in my post about what to buy, cause I bought and it is being delivered soon. They said street driving is not bad (still comfy), and it is a good upgrade that tightens up the car while dropping it an inch.
A few thoughts on it for anybody else looking at it now:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ut-together-a-better-package-for-same.142360/
Sponsored