Sponsored

Ford Performance Six-Piston Front Brake Upgrade Kit (15-19 GT, EcoBoost, V6)

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Can anyone speak to the performance level of these brakes who tracks their car?
Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Check out Vorshlag’s offering and detailed write up on these. It should help you make a good decision. It is in their 18 build thread (their site.)

Thub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 6 speed
I did the upgrade with take-off parts, rather than the Ford kit, and did not change the master cylinder. I just did my first track day. I installed the powerstop trackday pads for the track. (Off topic, the dust really is insane) The brembos are a lot better on track than the base GT 4 pistons. In my GT, on a track that's pretty rough on brakes, I was able to see a little fade if I really pushed hard, but two corners later, it was like nothing happened.
I'm by no means setting lap records on my car, and they're definitely not full racecar parts, but they're far better than the base brakes, which I could fade in about 1 lap.
On a car with a little less power, I suspect you'd never have an issue.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They work great. Make sure you stagger brake compounds for best results (less aggressive in the rear).

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I just installed them on my car this week. I've only been driving them on the street and they do stop better, but the 4 piston brakes also worked well on the street. From all accounts they are significantly better on the track, but I haven't had a chance to really push them yet. You can piece together the parts very easily for several hundred $$ less than buying the assembled brake kits. I think I paid $530 for the calipers, $200 for the rotors, $185 for the pad, and $30 for the hardware. I went with all factory parts but you can probably save some money if you go with aftermarket pads and rotors. I have noticed more brake dust but they look really good, stop great, and are quiet.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
For an intermediate driver with street tires, they are more than enough both in terms of stopping power and longevity (eg. staying cool).

Once you start pushing them hard and using R compound tires, you would need better pads and fluid but even then they will work very well on the track. If you're a semi-pro or looking to get every single tenth of a second on the track, obviously there are better options than the stock brakes.

trusaleen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Just installed on my 2016 CA Edition. Great upgrade. Made a nice improvement over my 4 piston factory set. Thanks to db252 for recommendation and install. Wanted the rears to match but they cost almost as much as the fronts with no added benefit.
20B651F5-53AD-4681-BFD9-E477B1ADAEB2.jpeg

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Just installed on my 2016 CA Edition. Great upgrade. Made a nice improvement over my 4 piston factory set. Thanks to db252 for recommendation and install. Wanted the rears to match but they cost almost as much as the fronts with no added benefit.
This is cool, and means that the PP1 Brembo brakes will fit and work in the California Special wheels, that I also have.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great. Don't buy the rears, just paint the stock ones. I used G2 to paint my rears this week and they turned out great and match perfectly. It's very fast and easy to paint just the rears.

Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Yes they will, no issues at all with the CA wheels. I just wish the CA wheels were wider than the 19x8.5.
I agree. I bought a set of PP takeoff wheels for my CS a year ago to solve this "problem".

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! Good idea. What color G2 did you use.
I used the Red. It's basically a Brembo red. It matched the front calipers even better than I expected. I used 3 coats. Since the back calipers are so small it takes no time to put a coat of paint on them.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to buy the PP Brembo brake setup from Ford, I see I can get them in Red or Black?

Here they are in Red:

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/ford-performance-mustang-piston-front-brake-p-7545.html

Here they are in Black:

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/ford-performance-mustang-piston-front-brake-p-3031.html

I wonder why red is less expensive?
I think they stopped making the red since it was for the 50th anniversary cars, so there may be fewer in stock. Also, the red calipers are still relatively new, Ford usually ups the price when they start seeing parts sell quickly, like they did with the GT350 steering wheels, GT350 intake manifolds, and 2018 manifolds. Everyone is surprised when I tell them the cost, they expect them to be a lot more.
Sponsored