Sponsored

Ford Performance Lowerings Springs on GT350

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Did you use caster/camber plates or can we run these springs without them?
I’m not running plates myself. With this slight drop it’s not totally necessary in my opinion, you’ll really only gain just a little bit of negative camber. But it’s always good practice to have the alignment at least checked after any suspension changes.
Sponsored

Sammyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 5.0 COUPE
I’m not running plates myself. With this slight drop it’s not totally necessary in my opinion, you’ll really only gain just a little bit of negative camber. But it’s always good practice to have the alignment at least checked after any suspension changes.
Thanks for the info sir. I appreciate it.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
which springs will lower the R the most? i've heard the steeda ones only drop it about 1/4"? not worth it if so.
I think the Eibachs have the most drop. I've heard that they end up rubbing a little during very hard turns (like on track) so I personally wouldn't want to do it to an R. Seems like a downgrade in performance. In my opinion, BMR or FP would be the best even though the drop isn't that much.

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Whatever you do stay away from the eibachs on your R.

Leave your car stock suspension wise. Nothing comes close to R handling.

I have had the eibachs and they were "ok" but absolutely not for track. They ride softer than stock springs as they have lower spring rate and the car floats alot more. The drop is excellent but the ride is sloppy. You will get tons more bump steer and tramlining.

They are only for looks and that's it.

I am in the process of installing KW clubsport 3 way adjustable coilovers.

hiiammarcin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
N
Whatever you do stay away from the eibachs on your R.

Leave your car stock suspension wise. Nothing comes close to R handling.

I have had the eibachs and they were "ok" but absolutely not for track. They ride softer than stock springs as they have lower spring rate and the car floats alot more. The drop is excellent but the ride is sloppy. You will get tons more bump steer and tramlining.

They are only for looks and that's it.

I am in the process of installing KW clubsport 3 way adjustable coilovers.
Did you ever get the KWs installed? Any feedback?

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
Ford Performance springs with stock wheels and tires....

54FCA861-340B-4985-A824-3C71A65C6230.jpeg

Then with R spec wheels and stock tires...

BBBFA8B7-C72C-41F7-BEC3-E2FC2756353E.jpeg

72528373-EC2C-4000-82BD-7B18CB2310C2.jpeg
When you swapped to R spec rims with the lowering springs, did you need to install adjustable end links or anything? Or did you just bolt the R spec wheels on and you were good to go? I like the look of the 11.5" tire in the back, but don't want any rubbing problems with the FP lowering springs.

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Anyone get an uneven rake with those springs?

I installed those on my PP2 (for which they are advertised as compatible). The front came down nicely about half an inch. The rear barely moved. Parts numbers and installation are all correct. All suspension joints were loosened and retorqued with the car on ground to eliminate any bushing preload.

I'm stumped as everyone seems to have a nice level ride height but I have stink bug look with the ass up. Frustrating!

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Ford sells a specific set for the PP2 vehicles I believe that is a separate part number than the GT350. Can't speak to why that's an issue, but it may be related. Claims it uses the same springs, but perhaps it's an issue with the shock reprogramming somehow? Not really sure what to say.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9602-M

Sponsored

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Confirmed with Ford they are the same M-5300-W springs; and shock calibration wouldn't affect physical ride height.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I couldn't imagine it would either, but physically that's the only other issue.

My only thought process is the installation method. If the springs were installed by lowering the lower control arm and that was then re-torqued with the arm in the air with no weight on the bushings, they may be binding enough to keep the car from achieving it's normal static ride height.

I installed mine by dropping the entire rear cradle vs the control arm method and my car sits perfectly.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
When you swapped to R spec rims with the lowering springs, did you need to install adjustable end links or anything? Or did you just bolt the R spec wheels on and you were good to go? I like the look of the 11.5" tire in the back, but don't want any rubbing problems with the FP lowering springs.
Nope I didn’t swap anything else, just bolted them right up. Don’t have any rubbing issues at all.

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
Nope I didn’t swap anything else, just bolted them right up. Don’t have any rubbing issues at all.
What size and type of tires are your running up front and in the rear?
Sponsored