Sponsored

Ford Performance Knuckle To Toe Link Bearing Assembly

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
I've done this on 3 S550's now and it was easy every time, once I used the right tool. I tried doing this job on my 2015 EB with a ball joint press, and I actually bent the C-frame trying to get it to budge. So I ended up buying a bearing/bushing kit off Amazon for around $80. When it came in, I made sure to lubricate the rod threads, then put it to use. All I can say is, WOW! Made the job easy, and same for my 2018 EB and my wife's 2016 V6.

Edit: Almost forgot to add... This works for both the toe link bushings and the LCA bushings. Much better than using a shop press for the LCA's which is awkward as hell.

Here is a pic of the kit.
61dk43XuiEL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
$119 on Amazon now. Inflation!!!
Anyone have an idea of the “book” hour rate to swap each side? Im a big fan of collecting tools for the cost of saving on labor charged but unlikely I would use the tool again
Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
$119 on Amazon now. Inflation!!!
Anyone have an idea of the “book” hour rate to swap each side? I'm a big fan of collecting tools for the cost of saving on labor charged but unlikely I would use the tool again
You can use it to replace the bushings in the front lower arms with bearings also. I've also subsidized tool cost in some cases by performing work for friends at a nominal cost.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
I found the Full Tilt Boogie Racing tool referenced which is supposed to make easy work of the job.
S550 IRS Bushing Removal/Installation Tool Set

Can anyone provide any input on this tool compared to a C Clamp Kit? Thanks
88F97A42-CF09-4980-B43D-9C2D37D09A1F.png

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
I did the passenger side in the car. What a huge pain. The driver's side knuckle I took out of the car and did it on the workbench. WAY easier.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I found the Full Tilt Boogie Racing tool referenced which is supposed to make easy work of the job.
S550 IRS Bushing Removal/Installation Tool Set

Can anyone provide any input on this tool compared to a C Clamp Kit? Thanks
88F97A42-CF09-4980-B43D-9C2D37D09A1F.png
Any info on this at all? Looks interesting

Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
I never tried it and nobody ever replied to my request for any experience using it from what I recall.

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
I never tried it and nobody ever replied to my request for any experience using it from what I recall.
For what it's worth, I did the LCA and toe link bushing yesterday. I bought a 20 ton press for the job and took everything off. The press made short work of it. 15 minutes remove/replace each on all 4 bearings. Never went higher than 10 tons. Biggest nightmare I had was a failed Quickjack, on one side which made for a harrowing moment, and trying to get enough clearance between the shocks and the new Ford Performance axles.