Sponsored

Ford Performance Hood Struts are in the catalog now

Bob Loblah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Redline's website states that their 2015-16 Mustang struts won't fit the GT350 hood. A new design is coming early in 2016. I'll probably wait for this design.
Sponsored

Last edited:

travis1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Magnetic with Tech package
I am going to let someone else try these out and give a review. If they work and don't twist over time I would love some. I don't think 80-100 dollars is too bad a price either. Paid almost 400 to get the Track Pack spoiler that should have come standard on my Tech in my opinion.

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
Again, who made/sold the ones you bought?
As I said earlier, they are the ford racing hood struts for 2015 Mustang GT. They look identical to the original picture posted

Nick@HillbankMotorsports

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hillbankmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
As I said earlier, they are the ford racing hood struts for 2015 Mustang GT. They look identical to the original picture posted
Design has been changed and item has been picked up to be in Ford Performance catalog. If you want the newest revision brackets, PM me.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Post a pic and make me eat my words. I wanna see the Ford script laser etched in them . :shrug:

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Post a pic and make me eat my words. I wanna see the Ford script laser etched in them . :shrug:
I agree with you Joe. Reading between the lines, it looks as if he has Hillbank's strut rods (which is all I was looking for) but won't simply say it. So Nick at Hillbank did.

I think.:headbonk:

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
You're both going to eat crow when I get home from work

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I purchased the MMD kit the top bracket utilizes both hood bolts and extends about 4" beyond the hood hinge to where the piston mounts. The lower bracket fits under the rear most fender bolt.

They were easy to install and work well.

Dave

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
Here you go

I'll hold my further comments on this kit until I see a revised bracket that Nick is talking about

Sponsored

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Here you go

I'll hold my further comments on this kit until I see a revised bracket that Nick is talking about

I stand corrected... :shrug: Where did you buy these? I'm sure FRPP would not be happy with a vendor selling parts direct with the FRPP logo on it.

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I guess we should be flattered that everyone is copying our design. :cool:However, let me tell you why our QuickLIFT system is the BEST:
1) Fit and finish: Our lower brackets fit perfectly and out unique insert system insures that they don't move around once installed.
2) Instructions: Full color instructions and video on how to install our system
3) Installation components: We include a 3/4" step bit with every system to make a perfect hole in the battery cover. We also include a plastic drill guide that perfectly locates where that hole needs to go. The "other" kits give you no drill bit and a paper guide you have to cut out yourself.
4) Quality: We have the BEST warranty in the business:
4 Years on our QuickLIFT PLUS
5 Years on our QuickLIFT ELITE

Our warranty covers ALL components including the gas springs! Other companies offer "lifetime" warranties, but read the fine print as it doesn't cover the gas springs. Of course this is the only component of the system that can actually wear out! :cool: We stand behind our product!

Don't take my word for it, do your research and read about our products and our company. We have been in business for over 14 years and our reputation speaks for itself.
S550%20components.png
2015%20Mustang%20ELITE.jpg

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's

choice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 67 Coupe
Has anyone actually installed the Ford struts (SKU: M-16826-MA) on a GT350? I picked some up today and the hood brackets don't fit correctly on the GT350 hood hinge. The lower mounts do appear to be updated where the foot is not offset, so that looks good. The description for the part says it fits all 2015 Mustangs including the GT350.

South40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln, 2013 Ford Raptor
I guess we should be flattered that everyone is copying our design. :cool:However, let me tell you why our QuickLIFT system is the BEST:
1) Fit and finish: Our lower brackets fit perfectly and out unique insert system insures that they don't move around once installed.
2) Instructions: Full color instructions and video on how to install our system
3) Installation components: We include a 3/4" step bit with every system to make a perfect hole in the battery cover. We also include a plastic drill guide that perfectly locates where that hole needs to go. The "other" kits give you no drill bit and a paper guide you have to cut out yourself.
4) Quality: We have the BEST warranty in the business:
4 Years on our QuickLIFT PLUS
5 Years on our QuickLIFT ELITE

Our warranty covers ALL components including the gas springs! Other companies offer "lifetime" warranties, but read the fine print as it doesn't cover the gas springs. Of course this is the only component of the system that can actually wear out! :cool: We stand behind our product!

Don't take my word for it, do your research and read about our products and our company. We have been in business for over 14 years and our reputation speaks for itself.

Do you know when your hood struts will be back in stock?
Sponsored