Ford Performance GT350 Lowering Springs Group Buy

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Still have a few guys waiting to get their springs. Once they do there will be roughly 10 more sets available at the group buy price
And thank you Terrence [MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION] for doing this. I couldn't use the springs due to a last minute trade in of my track pack.

Never saw it coming.
Sponsored

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
I installed the springs last week end with MM camber plates and got it aligned. Now sitting at -2.3 camber for tight/technical/abrasive track duties tonight. For those who are shopping camber plates, the Maximum Motorsports one rise the car by 1/4" at the front by design (they add material on top of spring/strut). From what I've read the Vorschlag ones are designed with same height as OEM top plates. Just a heads up.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Make that 9. One was sold at the source today in MN.
Kind of along those lines. I talked to Mike about the sway bar kit and they will be available in September. It might be time for another group buy. I plan getting them and I'm sure a bunch of others that did the FP springs will as well.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Kind of along those lines. I talked to Mike about the sway bar kit and they will be available in September. It might be time for another group buy. I plan getting them and I'm sure a bunch of others that did the FP springs will as well.
I don't know how the sway bars are on the R, same or different, however the one think that I regret not doing when I installed the camber plates on the track pack was updating the sway bars.

I need to look into this.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I don't know how the sway bars are on the R, same or different, however the one think that I regret not doing when I installed the camber plates on the track pack was updating the sway bars.

I need to look into this.
I asked Mike that as well and he said he really didn't know the difference between the R sway bar or what came with the new sway bar kit. He said to give the guys at FP a call.

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
I installed the springs last week end with MM camber plates and got it aligned. Now sitting at -2.3 camber for tight/technical/abrasive track duties tonight. For those who are shopping camber plates, the Maximum Motorsports one rise the car by 1/4" at the front by design (they add material on top of spring/strut). From what I've read the Vorschlag ones are designed with same height as OEM top plates. Just a heads up.
Nice. So with the camber plates and springs installed the total drop is about 13.65 mm instead of 20 mm?

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
So who is paying to have these springs installed? What are people charging? I got quoted 400 with an alignment.

Sponsored

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice. So with the camber plates and springs installed the total drop is about 13.65 mm instead of 20 mm?
I did not measure but the drop does not look like 20 mm from stock. I think FP are a bit optimistic on the drop numbers. I'd say 15 mm rear and 10 mm front drop with MM camber plates.

blkguyblk5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
I did not measure but the drop does not look like 20 mm from stock. I think FP are a bit optimistic on the drop numbers. I'd say 15 mm rear and 10 mm front drop with MM camber plates.
My fronts are sitting at 27 1/2" and my rears are sitting at 27 3/4" from the ground. I also have the Shelby American camber plates installed. Wish I would of measured the stock height but I did not. I did not get the springs for the drop anyway. I just wanted the stiffer than R spring rates for when I track, now FP needs to go ahead and release the sway bar kit and I'll be set.

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My fronts are sitting at 27 1/2" and my rears are sitting at 27 3/4" from the ground. I also have the Shelby American camber plates installed. Wish I would of measured the stock height but I did not. I did not get the springs for the drop anyway. I just wanted the stiffer than R spring rates for when I track, now FP needs to go ahead and release the sway bar kit and I'll be set.
The Shelby camber plates are Maximum Motorsports camber plates, just rebranded. So 1/4" taller than OEM.

MGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mariano
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H1834, 2018 GT350R JR051
Installed FP lowering springs today

The installation video by CJ Pony parts was helpful: [ame]

Here are some before and after pics. Not sure I was able to upload them in the correct order. The top photo of the whole car is taken after the installation. Hopefully you can appreciate the subtle difference in height. I'm happy with it. The front camber is now at 2 degrees, so next stop is the alignment shop.
GT350 After FP lowering springs.jpg
GT350 FR before FP lowering springs.jpg
GT350 FR after FP lowering springs.jpg
GT350 RR before lowering springs.jpg
GT350 RR after FP lowering springs.jpg
GT350 Before FP lowering springs.jpg

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
The installation video by CJ Pony parts was helpful:

Here are some before and after pics. Not sure I was able to upload them in the correct order. The top photo of the whole car is taken after the installation. Hopefully you can appreciate the subtle difference in height. I'm happy with it. The front camber is now at 2 degrees, so next stop is the alignment shop.

Your car looks great. The Video is a good watch before attempting to install your lowering springs if you've never done so before. It might save you some un-needed steps. The guy in the video is a little rough around the edges as a mechanic though. Couple of things I would tell anyone doing this mod. Get the right depth sockets for the job, anyone else cringe as he used a standard depth socket on the strut to spindle bolt nuts. You could see the socket back off and then round the outer edge of the nut. So you've now screwed up that nut as well as not really tightening the nut properly. Then there is just setting the caliper on the sub frame. Do yourself a favor and secure it there or hang it with some tie wire. You'll be sorry if it falls and hangs by the brake line. It can collapse the line and create some braking issues. I would also mark the unibody and rear subframe with masking tape or a paint marker to assure the subframe goes back in the same location to avoid alignment issues.
Sponsored