Ford Performance FR3 vs GT350 base suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Does anyone have experience with the Track Pack or FR3 suspension? Apparently FP views the Track Pack as inferior to the GT350 base and MagnaRide suspensions.
Trying to figure out why. The MagneRide is obvious in either non-R or R form. But I'm wondering how the FR3 stands up to the base GT350
Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It's hard to compare as the spring rates for the track pack are unknown.

Biggest difference is the better wheel & tire package on the GT350. I also imagine they have different bushings and bracing. Which are hard to do on a relatively cheap, easy to install suspension upgrade package.

If you can buy a GT350 at a good price, then get it.
If you are considering random GT350 parts verses the Track Pack as an upgrade, I would bet on the complete package. But if you are actually going to see the track ot serious autocross use, add some camber plates or bolts, as -1.6 degress up front is nowhere near enough.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Does anyone have experience with the Track Pack or FR3 suspension? Apparently FP views the Track Pack as inferior to the GT350 base and MagnaRide suspensions.
Trying to figure out why. The MagneRide is obvious in either non-R or R form. But I'm wondering how the FR3 stands up to the base GT350
I have the track pack suspension but cannot compare to the GT350.

The spring rates are in the general area of 210-240 in the front and 850-1000 in the rear. I do not have exact numbers. The springs are progressive so they get stiffer the more they are compressed.

Rumbloki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mach 1
Is the FR3 too much for a DD?

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
It's hard to compare as the spring rates for the track pack are unknown.

Biggest difference is the better wheel & tire package on the GT350. I also imagine they have different bushings and bracing. Which are hard to do on a relatively cheap, easy to install suspension upgrade package.

If you can buy a GT350 at a good price, then get it.
If you are considering random GT350 parts verses the Track Pack as an upgrade, I would bet on the complete package. But if you are actually going to see the track ot serious autocross use, add some camber plates or bolts, as -1.6 degress up front is nowhere near enough.
Bushings, yes.
Additional bracing, none that I ever found.
I chose the base GT350 "kit" after a conversation with a FP engineer at PRI last year. He gave me the hierarchy run down. For my purposes I felt the Parts list they sent me was comprehensive. Same parts are replaced as the Track Pack. Although LCAs for the mirrored springs were said to be needed. :)It would be great to put the shocks for all of these on a dyno to compare.
Vorshlag has 350 spring rates on the site and could test the Track Packs if someone wants to send them in.
X2 on the camber plates!

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have the track pack suspension but cannot compare to the GT350.

The spring rates are in the general area of 210-240 in the front and 850-1000 in the rear. I do not have exact numbers. The springs are progressive so they get stiffer the more they are compressed.
From my look at them, they are actually dual rate, not truly progressive.

hockale1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
@HextallS550 this thread is pretty old, but do you happen to have a copy of the GT350 "kit" you mentioned above? I've had the FR3 kit on my GT for a number of years now. This weekend I was given the opportunity have a GT350R and in the hope of salvaging my long-term relationship with my GT I'm trying to find a way to get closer to the neutral handling of the 350.

Status
Not open for further replies.