Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It's not about the source, it's about the quality. Several parts on Mustang are made in China--c'est la vie. Unfortunately, there is little to no real competition for AC CF. However, the AC CF I bought was poor quality with little attention to detail and equally poor service. Whether that is because of where it was assembled or simply poor business practices, the results speak for themselves. Hopefully, some worthwhile competition will emerge.
Sponsored

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
1992 Mustang LX Convertible, 2017 Porsche 911S
I can guarantee the amount of people NOT wanting to pay the near 20% mark-up that making it in the US would cost out numbers the people that care where its made. Like I said, Capitalism. Enjoy it.
I choose not to support Chinese enterprises and choose to vote for employers who choose to support my country. While I cannot avoid Chinese made products on all purchases, those I can I act. I vote with my dollars. I work in the US oil business and a personal value is to support our fellow citizens economically. You can choose to support America's largest global enemy without a second thought but that's not what I'll do.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I don't see how it matters. If you hate companies making the most profit they can, then start a petition to get rid of capitalism. See how well that goes. I personally have NEVER associated "American Made" with quality, so where it's made makes VERY little impact on what I buy.
Whoa there cowboy. I never said a word about "hating companies making the most profit they can" so you can that back. That's a conversation for another time but I'm as pro-business as they come.

The source of a given part is always relevant. When making a decision to purchase a certain product, or not, it is one of many factors important in making an educated choice. If it matters, I'm impressed with the quality of the OEM CFTP wing made in China but the price doesn't reflect any cost savings in having it manufactured there.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I agree with the above comments. And as an FYI, Chinese stuff doesn't necessarily mean junk. If the correct QC is applied, then who or where it is made really means nothing.

I do agree that there is no good reason to make something in China except for cost savings or due to a certain expertise in manufacturing techniques. It is my understanding that the Chinese are now standalone technical experts in the manufacturing of various components. Its unfortunate that the US let those manufacturing technologies go, but the very country that took on those jobs and manufacturing technologies are now the resident experts.

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
I agree with the above comments. And as an FYI, Chinese stuff doesn't necessarily mean junk. If the correct QC is applied, then who or where it is made really means nothing.

I do agree that there is no good reason to make something in China except for cost savings or due to a certain expertise in manufacturing techniques. It is my understanding that the Chinese are now standalone technical experts in the manufacturing of various components. Its unfortunate that the US let those manufacturing technologies go, but the very country that took on those jobs and manufacturing technologies are now the resident experts.
the US didnā€™t let expertise go. The Chinese stole intellectual property. Donā€™t confuse these. They arenā€™t the same.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
the US didnā€™t let expertise go. The Chinese stole intellectual property. Donā€™t confuse these. They arenā€™t the same.
We let it go by exporting the jobs to increase profits. Dont kid yourself

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
We let it go by exporting the jobs to increase profits. Dont kid yourself
Itā€™s more complex than that. There is no IP protection in China so if you make something there they steal the process and the product. That is a violation of international law but there are no real consequences. As a friend who runs global ops for a fortune 100 firm says ā€œ moving a plant to China is a lot like taking your first dose of heroin. Itā€™s the last good day the rest of your life.ā€œ. You get a cost decrease but itā€™s temporary. After that you create new competitors who steal your product without R&D expenses. Itā€™s illegal and morally bankrupt to support this crap.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Over many decades, there's been a combination of Intellectual property theft, and corporate greed on this side of the world, that has lead to companies looking to reduce costs and, among many other things, has lead to China, as @Tomster mentioned, becoming leader in the manufacture of certain goods, with no other equal in the world. Just look at power tools as a small example, from all the big brands you can name - vast majority are made in China. You couldn't even make them on this side of the world with anything near the quality for anywhere near the same price.

Also completely true what @Caballus is saying - it's not necessarily the country of origin that determines a product quality - it's the factory of origin that determines quality, how it's tooled and how it's setup to manufacture products.

China, for better or for worse, has the whole spectrum, from the absolute cheapest, inferior GARBAGE products one can imagine, to high tolerance, high-quality, high-priced electronics like those from Apple.

The problem over there, is the lack of "morals" for the pursuit of Business. Again, for better or for worse, "some" Chinese companies will make anything a company wants, at any cost.

The other problem, is if hypothetically, absolutely everything we made and consumed was made on this side of the world, assuming the logistics and supply chain and expertise was here for all of that, the vast majority of people wouldn't be able to afford anything. Living wages that match cost of living, benefits, etc., etc. - the list goes on. Like anything else, we need a healthy balance of domestic manufacturing, and foreign imports. The argument can be made, though, that we've skewed too far toward foreign imports, with longer lasting consequences.

There's a saying in Business - You can be rich, or you can be right. Pick one.

Last edited:

Kpgarage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford GT, 2006 Ford GT, 2020 GT500,2019 F150 KR, several t-birds
On a much simpler note, I tried to order them from my FP dealer and not available yet. Better luck to everyone else. I saw the CF hood vent in Charlotte at gt500 track attack. Looks good.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Wish they made that decklid for the GT350 - the soft black plastic scratches when I look at it! They should have given us a handful of replacements!
They make blank decklids that you can install a GT350 emblem on. Also, you could have PPF applied.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Wish they made that decklid for the GT350 - the soft black plastic scratches when I look at it! They should have given us a handful of replacements!
Meh, the 350 is meant to race... it has a 3rd pedal. Look for fancy elsewheres. Lol.

Be nice, fellaz... Lol

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I want the CFTP Wing, Anyone know when Anderson Composites or whoever else is going to have it out for a reasonable price? MPR is just taking way too long and if I can get my hands on a reasonable one I'm in, just not fords ridiculous $20,000+ stupidity.
Sponsored