Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Ford Performance Debuts New Lightweight Carbon Fiber Upgrade Parts, Boosting Track-Focused Style of Mustang Shelby GT500

Mustang_GT_500_Carbon_Fiber_Front_Splitter_01.jpeg

DEARBORN, Mich., April 16, 2021 – Ford Performance Parts today revealed four new aftermarket carbon fiber components for the exterior of the Mustang Shelby® GT500®.

Showcased at a GT500 track tour event at Texas International Speedway outside Dallas, the parts are the first aftermarket carbon fiber accessories offered by Ford Performance for the pinnacle pony car since the latest-generation GT500 debuted last year. All four components go on sale today at performanceparts.ford.com.

The new easy-to-install carbon fiber Ford Performance Parts, parts numbers and MSRPs are:
  • Hood vent and rain tray kit, M-16612-C20, $1,185
  • Front splitter with belly pan for placement at car’s lower, forward-leading edge and under section, M-16601-MCF, $1,820
  • Front bumper insert that fits between car’s upper and lower grille intakes, M-17750-MCF, $1,150
  • Rear decklid trim panel, M-16600-MCF, $575
“Authenticity and personalization are what our Mustang Shelby GT500 customers want, and our new carbon fiber performance accessories provide an elevated track-proven look from every angle,” said Mark Wilson, Ford North America vehicle personalization, planning and operations manager. “Beyond leveraging this high-performance material to reduce weight, we track-tested and validated its durability at Ford Performance Racing School in North Carolina.”

Each carbon fiber component delivers high strength and rigidity with low-specific weight and is crafted to withstand the high-energy forces generated by competition at the track or drag strip.

The weight of the carbon fiber hood vent and rain tray kit is trimmed to four pounds – half the weight of the corresponding stock part. The front splitter with belly pan drops from seven pounds to four, the front bumper insert weighs just one pound, and the decklid trim panel weighs two pounds. Combined, the pieces weigh nine pounds less than the stock components.

The new parts provide additional authentic carbon fiber options for Shelby GT500 buyers. They are separate from components offered as part of the Shelby GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Package, which includes 20-inch carbon fiber wheels, exposed carbon fiber instrument panel and GT4 track wing, splitter wickers and more.

GT500 and Shelby are registered trademarks of Carroll Hall Shelby Trust.

Mustang_GT_500_Carbon_Fiber_Front_Splitter_01.jpeg
Mustang_GT_500_Carbon_Fiber_Front_Splitter_02.jpg
Mustang_GT_500_Carbon_Fiber_Hood_Vent_01.jpeg
Mustang_GT_500_Carbon_Fiber_Hood_Vent_02.jpg
Mustang_GT_500_Carbon_Fiber_Hood_Vent_03.jpg
Mustang_GT_500_Carbon_Fiber_Rain_Tray_01.jpeg
Mustang_GT_500_Rear_Decklid_Carbon_Fiber_Trim_Panel_01.jpeg
Mustang_GT_500_Rear_Decklid_Carbon_Fiber_Trim_Panel_02.jpeg
Mustang_GT_500_Carbon_Fiber_Belly_Pan_02.jpeg
Mustang_GT_500_Carbon_Fiber_Center_Bumper_01.jpeg
Mustang_GT_500_Carbon_Fiber_Center_Bumper_02.jpeg
Mustang_GT_500_Carbon_Fiber_Center_Bumper_03.jpg
Mustang_GT_500_Carbon_Fiber_Center_Bumper_04.jpg
Mustang_GT_500_Carbon_Fiber_Parts_01.jpeg
Mustang_GT_500_Carbon_Fiber_Parts_02.jpeg
Sponsored

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
1992 Mustang LX Convertible, 2017 Porsche 911S
All made in China. Very disappointing.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Online catalog states: Country of origin: "China".

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I wonder if these are coming from the same chinese company doing the CFTP wing.

Shelby2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Whipple 2.9L, 2018 GT350, 2020 GT500 L0240
Anderson Composites Tob.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Anderson Composites Tob.
Not sure what you mean. I know it is Anderson, or at least it was supposed to be. I don't think anyone equated Anderson with China when any of these parts were announced over a year ago. Something tells me that both Anderson and FP are going to be very quiet about the connection to China.

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Not sure what you mean. I know it is Anderson, or at least it was supposed to be. I don't think anyone equated Anderson with China when any of these parts were announced over a year ago. Something tells me that both Anderson and FP are going to be very quiet about the connection to China
Plain decklid panels are available.
No denial of the Chinese source.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
And what about the Anderson CFTP wing? Still missing in action?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Not sure what you mean. I know it is Anderson, or at least it was supposed to be. I don't think anyone equated Anderson with China when any of these parts were announced over a year ago. Something tells me that both Anderson and FP are going to be very quiet about the connection to China.
I don't see how it matters. If you hate companies making the most profit they can, then start a petition to get rid of capitalism. See how well that goes. I personally have NEVER associated "American Made" with quality, so where it's made makes VERY little impact on what I buy.

503rwhp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
I don't see how it matters. If you hate companies making the most profit they can, then start a petition to get rid of capitalism. See how well that goes. I personally have NEVER associated "American Made" with quality, so where it's made makes VERY little impact on what I buy.
and that’s your right. And it’s mine to avoid buying Chinese made goods whenever possible. I don’t need to buy this and won’t, because it’s made in China. My money, my choice.
It isn’t the cost for me. It’s China.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
and that’s your right. And it’s mine to avoid buying Chinese made goods whenever possible. I don’t need to buy this and won’t, because it’s made in China. My money, my choice.
It isn’t the cost for me. It’s China.
I can guarantee the amount of people NOT wanting to pay the near 20% mark-up that making it in the US would cost out numbers the people that care where its made. Like I said, Capitalism. Enjoy it.
Sponsored