Ford performance Carbon fiber hood vent

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Send it back, Mfg. defect, will they polish out ??

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Send it back. Sucks the wait will be long, but you shouldn’t settle for that.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Anderson Composites at its finest. Thank God it is a Ford Performance labeled product.

I agree, don't settle for it.

Metal Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (CFTP), others
How long did you wait for delivery? Everywhere I ve checked, it's backordered with no ETA.

misuracaf10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP
Anderson Composites at its finest. Thank God it is a Ford Performance labeled product.

jw but is Anderson not that great? I want to do a CF Decklid for the trunk on mine and i was gonna go with the FP one so ford could install it... either that or MPR Carbon whose stuff looks really nice

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
jw but is Anderson not that great? I want to do a CF Decklid for the trunk on mine and i was gonna go with the FP one so ford could install it... either that or MPR Carbon whose stuff looks really nice
Just an FYI, MPR sells Anderson pieces. When you buy large items, like splitters, wickers, hood vents, trunk lids, hoods, wings.. etc from them, you are getting AC parts. MPR does their own detailed CF pieces, like interior, or custom pieces.

Some have not had any problem with AC, some have. Personally, I have had many AC parts on past cars, and have many on my car now, an I have never had a problem. Others will tell you the opposite. I think it's not unlike other companies (Ford for example), there are mistakes that make it out the door, they could use better help, and they could have better quality control.

Sponsored

misuracaf10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP
Just an FYI, MPR sells Anderson pieces. When you buy large items, like splitters, wickers, hood vents, trunk lids, hoods, wings.. etc from them, you are getting AC parts. MPR does their own detailed CF pieces, like interior, or custom pieces.

Some have not had any problem with AC, some have. Personally, I have had many AC parts on past cars, and have many on my car now, an I have never had a problem. Others will tell you the opposite. I think it's not unlike other companies (Ford for example), there are mistakes that make it out the door, they could use better help, and they could have better quality control.
good to know, i had no idea. interesting how MPR is a little cheaper sometimes if this is the case... putting ford performance on them allows them to get a bit more of a premium i guess!

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500

This is why i only buy from MPR Carbon. They inspect every single piece if carbon fiber before shipping out AND send a video of every part of the carbon so you can see. My mirror covers and rear trunk decklid is flawless. As @Jmeo says they sell anderson but they have it delivered to them first, they inspect it, then send it out. (From what the owner told me)

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
A search of "MPR Carbon" only shows a presence on Fakebook and IG (neither of which I use.) If they have a standard website, it isn't obvious at least with my searching effort.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is why i only buy from MPR Carbon. They inspect every single piece if carbon fiber before shipping out AND send a video of every part of the carbon so you can see. My mirror covers and rear trunk decklid is flawless. As @Jmeo says they sell anderson but they have it delivered to them first, they inspect it, then send it out. (From what the owner told me)
MPR are great people, and I will always try to buy from them if possible. Jon has helped me out tremendously during my SE build at Shelby.

That said, the splitter wickers (made by AC) that I received from them (MPR) had one of them blemished. It looks like a clear coat issue.

No video, or pictures were sent to me prior to shipping. My only point is sometimes mistakes happen. I am just going to take it to my body shop guy to fix it. Not worth a meltdown on my part, to me anyway

A search of "MPR Carbon" only shows a presence on Fakebook and IG (neither of which I use.) If they have a standard website, it isn't obvious at least with my searching effort.

I’m not sure if he has a website Kent. He reached out to me on Instagram back when I was starting my Shelby build, and we became friends ever since. Very good people, extremely willing to help as well. He is doing some custom work for me over the winter.

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Copy all, Jaime. My thought was relying solely on FB/IG eliminates a whole bunch of potential customers. The Web economy is so darn competitive that covering all the bases makes good sense, at least IMHO. One day, there will be no FB as it will go by the wayside as all the others before it. This one may just take awhile.

Read about Trump finalizing plans for his own social network this morning. Good for him, it's time some outfit was able to both compete with the mob and, provide a voice that can't be "cancelled."
Sponsored