Sponsored

Ford performance calibration but use the stock airbox?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Techninally it is ford factory parts. The IM is a factory part stock on the GT350 same with the air box and tube. So unless it states "factory installed parts" you should be good.
While true, it’s being sold as a kit under FP. Those parts were not a factory installed option from Ford for the GT models. Same as my FP GT500 spoiler. While it’s technically a Ford part that is stock on the GT500 it’s not a factory option for the GT so I would not expect it to be covered under my Ford warranty.
Sponsored

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
There is no way to tune a vehicle without affecting the warranty. If the warranty is the most important thing to you. Then leave it alone. While ford Performance does offer some coverage it's not the same As an unmolested vehicle. Make your choice and deal with the outcome. In all honesty they have to prove the tune caused the failure to deny warranty. A lot of people don't understand that.

OP
OP
Turbo Cow

Turbo Cow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Sorry but you’re wrong FP is a different legal entity than Ford
And spending more on attorney than the potential repairs cost make no sense. Financial or otherwise
I'm actually correct.
Since the part is a Ford product and it's covered under any Ford warranty (ford performance or ford themselves), my aftermarket vehicle protection plan will cover it. Has nothing to do with ford's warranty after my factory warranty is up.
My engine is covered because ford approved this part under the factory 3 year 36000 mile.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I'm actually correct.
Since the part is a Ford product and it's covered under any Ford warranty (ford performance or ford themselves), my aftermarket vehicle protection plan will cover it. Has nothing to do with ford's warranty after my factory warranty is up.
My engine is covered because ford approved this part under the factory 3 year 36000 mile.
Ford never approved that part. FP warranty state that if an issue with what is covered by ford is due to the FP part, Fp will cover it for 3 years from when the car was put in service or 36.000 mile

OP
OP
Turbo Cow

Turbo Cow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
I guess you will find out when and if you file a claim
But I already found out, when I called my warranty company and gave them the part number, web address to performanceparts.ford.com and the person said ~Yes, That would be covered.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
No they did not. FP is covering the calibration kit (and any resulting damage cause by a failure of said part) under a new FP warranty, NOT the factory 3/36. While it may seem like semantics, it’s not because you now have to read what the new FP warranty will and won’t cover (and the won’t is more important) for said parts. FP does not equal Ford when it comes to this stuff. Again, if your warranty company says they’ll cover it, that’s great but there’s plenty of horror stories of these warranty companies saying one thing but when push comes to shove they flash the fine print and deny the claim.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
But I already found out, when I called my warranty company and gave them the part number, web address to performanceparts.ford.com and the person said ~Yes, That would be covered.
You are naive, a verbal answer or position is not binding and only a contract is
Did you read the fine print in the warranty paperwork ?
Obviously you didn’t find the answer in it if you felt the need to call

OP
OP
Turbo Cow

Turbo Cow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
No they did not. FP is covering the calibration kit (and any resulting damage cause by a failure of said part) under a new FP warranty, NOT the factory 3/36. While it may seem like semantics, it’s not because you now have to read what the new FP warranty will and won’t cover (and the won’t is more important) for said parts. FP does not equal Ford when it comes to this stuff. Again, if your warranty company says they’ll cover it, that’s great but there’s plenty of horror stories of these warranty companies saying one thing but when push comes to shove they flash the fine print and deny the claim.
It would be a crazy court case for sure.
A Ford part, bought from Ford.com, installed at a Ford dealership and explains in writing how it doesn't void your factory warranty?
Especially when I have confirmation from said warranty company that it's covered based on the above points.
Whether the tune or mechanics are at fault, I'm pretty sure it's covered.
Heck, they have a roush supercharger kit that makes 700 hp and Ford still warrantee the motor at that power level. An airfilter kit that comes from ford and gains 5hp isn't causing damage.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It would be a crazy court case for sure.
A Ford part, bought from Ford.com, installed at a Ford dealership and explains in writing how it doesn't void your factory warranty?
Especially when I have confirmation from said warranty company that it's covered based on the above points.
Whether the tune or mechanics are at fault, I'm pretty sure it's covered.
Heck, they have a roush supercharger kit that makes 700 hp and Ford still warrantee the motor at that power level. An airfilter kit that comes from ford and gains 5hp isn't causing damage.
That’s false, Ford is not providing the warranty for the engine with a Roush blower, Roush is as they issue a warranty that replaces the Ford warranty. Again, FP is a separate legal entity from Ford. They are not the same when it comes to this stuff. If Ford was willing to cover it under their factory warranty, why does it come with a warranty from FP that REPLACES the factory warranty? Because they’re not the same and the kit is considered aftermarket just like the Roush blower.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
And if you don’t believe me or anyone else here, call FP or Ford corporate. They will tell you the same thing (assuming they take the call to begin with) and they’ll tell you to read the warranty provided by FP if you install the kit as it replaces the factory warranty related to those parts. Just because a dealer installs it doesn’t make it factory either, that’s dealer installed not factory installed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Turbo Cow

Turbo Cow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
That’s false, Ford is not providing the warranty for the engine with a Roush blower, Roush is as they issue a warranty that replaces the Ford warranty. Again, FP is a separate legal entity from Ford. They are not the same when it comes to this stuff. If Ford was willing to cover it under their factory warranty, why does it come with a warranty from FP that REPLACES the factory warranty? Because they’re not the same and the kit is considered aftermarket just like the Roush blower.
And FORD approves it. If that kit is responsible for damage, they use their internal program to say which department pays for it. That doesn't matter. The aftermarket coverage says if Ford approved it, its covered.
EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE: THIS SERVICE CONTRACT WILL NOT PAY OR REIMBURSE YOU FOR:
1. ALTERATION TO THE VEHICLE NOT AUTHORIZED BY ITS MANUFACTURER OR
BY A MANUFACTURER-APPROVED INSTALLER THAT CAUSES THE MANUFACTURER TO DENY A FACTORY WARRANTY CLAIM,

If this part doesn't cause the manufacture to void warranty (which it doesn't), then my coverage with my aftermarket vehicle protection plan WILL COVER IT.

I've verified it multiple times. Its covered. I'm not worried.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
And FORD approves it. If that kit is responsible for damage, they use their internal program to say which department pays for it. That doesn't matter. The aftermarket coverage says if Ford approved it, its covered.
EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE: THIS SERVICE CONTRACT WILL NOT PAY OR REIMBURSE YOU FOR:
BY A MANUFACTURER-APPROVED INSTALLER THAT CAUSES THE MANUFACTURER TO DENY A FACTORY WARRANTY CLAIM,

If this part doesn't cause the manufacture to void warranty (which it doesn't), then my coverage with my aftermarket vehicle protection plan WILL COVER IT.

I feel like you're telling yourself what you want to hear more than anything, but I'm glad you're not worried. It should be fine regardless.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP

It’s my last reply because obviously you are not lessening and the tree seems to be hiding the forest for you
Hopefully you’re a young fella that will gain experience as you go through life because frankly you’re so wrong and so naïve that there is no point in trying to help you anymore
Good luck

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

And that’s great that they’ll cover it and the likelihood of the kit causing a problem is very low. I just don’t think you understand that Ford makes a clear distinction between itself and FP, FP operates as a standalone legal entity and one does not equal the other with these things (Ford corporate backstops FP from a financial standpoint I’m sure but FP is expected to operate as it’s own business otherwise it wouldn’t exist). FP is authorizing the install of this kit not Ford.

Good luck with the install and enjoy your car.

OP
OP
Turbo Cow

Turbo Cow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
It’s my last reply because obviously you are not lessening and the tree seems to be hiding the forest for you
Hopefully you’re a young fella that will gain experience as you go through life because frankly you’re so wrong and so naïve that there is no point in trying to help you anymore
Good luck
You've tried to discredit my research and called me "naive" twice now.
I've owned mustangs since the 80's. I've built every one of them. Turbocharged, Supercharged, etc. I litterally can't be naive. I've researched this and gotten answers from both Ford and my coverage company.
You're being ignorant at this point.

SELECT FORD PERFORMANCE PARTS LIMITED WARRANTY Rev. February 14, 2021 Ford Motor Company, The American Road, Dearborn, MI 48025, provides a Limited Warranty on select Ford Performance Parts and as described herein when installed on late model Ford vehicles. This warranty works in conjunction with -- and does not void -- the Manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty. It is valid for the original retail purchaser of the vehicle and is transferable to subsequent vehicle owners.

Let me quote this again:
Ford Motor Company, provides a Limited Warranty on select Ford Performance Parts

THE FORD MOTOR COMPANY PROVIDES THE WARRANTY. Thats all that needs to be said.
source: https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-warranty.pdf

Its 100% covered by an aftermarket, extended warranty from a 3rd party since Ford deemed it as not voiding the original warranty.

Anyways, I found my answer about the stock intake box and this new throttle body elbow.
The best option is to buy a GT500 lid or make a lexan cover and be done with it.
Can't wait for it to arrive.
These shift points need help. Hopefully it drives a little more sporty with this kit.
I'll find out soon.
Sponsored