Sponsored

Ford Performance by Borla Touring Axle-back made the car quieter (2019 GT)?

Eric

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hi everyone,

I just had the Ford Performance by Borla Touring Axle-back installed on my 2019 Mustang GT and it seemly made the car a little quieter than stock. I love the look of the huge tips, but overall I am disappointed with how quiet the exhaust is (was hoping it would be a little louder than stock, but it somehow made it quieter). If I install an X or H pipe on the car, will that effect emissions when I get smog checks/inspections in the future (live in California). Let me know your thoughts!
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone,

I just had the Ford Performance by Borla Touring Axle-back installed on my 2019 Mustang GT and it seemly made the car a little quieter than stock. I love the look of the huge tips, but overall I am disappointed with how quiet the exhaust is (was hoping it would be a little louder than stock, but it somehow made it quieter). If I install an X or H pipe on the car, will that effect emissions when I get smog checks/inspections in the future (live in California). Let me know your thoughts!
No. The emissions components are upstream of the catback, hence the name.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Get a x or h pipe and wake it up. one of my employees has the Borla turning with a x pipe and it sounds great and just a little louder then my 2018 with a x pipe and OEM mufflers

OP
OP

Eric

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am considering the Ford Performance X-Pipe, but my main concern was whether or not there would be smog check issues down the line.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
it is after the Cat so you will be fine.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Eric

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ah awesome, I am hoping an x-pipe will give the car its volume back. Can't believe the Ford Performance Touring axle-back would actually make the car quieter

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
First shot cats, second cats & X pipe

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

OP
OP

Eric

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ah thank you for the visual! I'm debating between the ford performance x-pipe or the Roush H-pipe.....

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
you are seeing the Roush pipe, you doing the work?

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
This is interesting, I’ve been lookin for a super quiet system. Sounds like the touring would be great.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Touring with Steeda H-pipe. My stock GT was quieter but the post-upgrade noise level is very modest and it's not blatty or staccato, rather it's smooth. Had I installed the Borla resonator pack, it would have been close to stock GT I'm guessing.

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Just wondering, do you feel a power difference at all? Any more pickup even if it’s modest?

I have the Touring with Steeda H-pipe. My stock GT was quieter but the post-upgrade noise level is very modest and it's not blatty or staccato, rather it's smooth. Had I installed the Borla resonator pack, it would have been close to stock GT I'm guessing.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering, do you feel a power difference at all? Any more pickup even if it’s modest?
zilch from the exhaust. You're kidding yourself if you think you're going to get anything useful out of a setup that isn't a cat-less race system. I have a tune on the motor and no, I wouldn't say there was any discernible power increase there either. The throttle response is better and it revs more freely which is what I was after.

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
I used to think that too, I recently saw independent testing of the Borla s type catback on a stock 18 GT and it picked up considerable power. That’s why I was asking

zilch from the exhaust. You're kidding yourself if you think you're going to get anything useful out of a setup that isn't a cat-less race system. I have a tune on the motor and no, I wouldn't say there was any discernible power increase there either. The throttle response is better and it revs more freely which is what I was after.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Ah thank you for the visual! I'm debating between the ford performance x-pipe or the Roush H-pipe.....
X pipe will give more of a higher pitched and raspy sound, while an H hives a deeper, more traditional V8 sound.
Sponsored