Sponsored

Ford Performance by Borla Touring Axle-back made the car quieter (2019 GT)?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
independent testing of the Borla s type catback on a stock 18 GT and it picked up considerable power.
You mean this article? https://motoiq.com/testing-borlas-s-type-cat-back-exhaust-for-the-2018-mustang-gt/5/
Well written but the conclusion stands. A piddly-ass 3% improvement over a stock '18 GT. Now, I'll grant you the delta in low RPM torque and that it holds consistently across the rev range is good to see, but IMO hardly merits the adjective "considerable".
25%20Stock%202018%20Mustang%20GT%20vs%20Borla%202-X2.jpg

Anyhow you can get 3% delta just in measurement error. Not to mention the Touring model (which is what we were discussing) will make less of a difference.
Sponsored

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
I guess it’s all how you view it, seemed like a nice bump to me for a modification everyone says makes no power. That could be 1-1.5 mph at the drag strip, no tune and warranty friendly. I view that as I nixe little bump.

But yes I’ll agree if you’re looking to do catback for just the gains, probably not worthwhile. But 12 whp isn’t nothing and outside the margin of error. It was the same day same conditions. And again the low end was nice. I’d say that’s considerable considering it’s “just a catback” and the expectations are already low. True though the Ford touring wouldn’t be this beneficial but he mentioned resonator delete, so then maybe it would. Just my thoughts :)

You mean this article? https://motoiq.com/testing-borlas-s-type-cat-back-exhaust-for-the-2018-mustang-gt/5/
Well written but the conclusion stands. A piddly-ass 3% improvement over a stock '18 GT. Now, I'll grant you the delta in low RPM torque and that it holds consistently across the rev range is good to see, but IMO hardly merits the adjective "considerable".
25%20Stock%202018%20Mustang%20GT%20vs%20Borla%202-X2.jpg

Anyhow you can get 3% delta just in measurement error. Not to mention the Touring model (which is what we were discussing) will make less of a difference.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to see useful improvement, check out this thread. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...93-octane-for-2018.116886/page-2#post-2574199

Note how a completely stock car (piping-wise) with E85 tune made indistinguishable power as another one despite upgrades on both the intake and exhaust - but NOT headers. Basically the only useful mod is an E85r tune, and nothing else matters - complete waste of money, short of stripping out the cats and going with LT headers.

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Interesting, that’s a really good thread thanks for sending that but I still think catback can add a nice unexpected bump. E85 makes great power no doubt, not debating that

And I think that car actually lost power from the JLT sucking in hot air perhaps. Thus why it didn’t show any more gains before he did the cat deletes. Just a theory, u could be entirely right.

If you want to see useful improvement, check out this thread. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...93-octane-for-2018.116886/page-2#post-2574199

Note how a completely stock car (piping-wise) with E85 tune made indistinguishable power as another one despite upgrades on both the intake and exhaust - but NOT headers. Basically the only useful mod is an E85r tune, and nothing else matters - complete waste of money, short of stripping out the cats and going with LT headers.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Eric

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
May seem dumb, but if I installed the ford performance x-pipe, would that void any warranties?

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
No it wont other then exhaust component after cats.

OP
OP

Eric

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just as an update, I installed the ford performance x-pipe and it now sounds mean! Better idle and has a great sound on WOT. Very happy purchase!
Sponsored