FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been hitting 24 psi and sustaining 22 to 24 psi.

Is this normal? I am not sure on regular numbers. I swapped back to oem charge pipes and bov and added catch can on clean side.

These numbers are much higher than my previous set up, in fact I’d reckon this is over boosting territory.

Velossa tech snorkel, afe filter, stock airbox, stock charge pipes, stock bov. Dirty and clean side catch can. Cpe stock mount intercooler, and mishimoto radiator, Resonator delete and awe axle backs are my current mods that I can think of it.
Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Boost is dynamic for these engines, it doesn't just get to a set point and hold like a traditional turbo controller. I saw the factory tune peak out to 24 or 25 at some points. At least as best as I can tell on that little oddly angled gauge. Aftermarket tunes can get up there regularly. It depends on what the ECU decides to do to hit the torque target that is commanded within the operating parameters at that moment.

flay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
I have the same figures after fitting the cpe intercooler. Witht the factory one I seen maximum 20 psi.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same figures after fitting the cpe intercooler. Witht the factory one I seen maximum 20 psi.
I hold 20-22psi, I hit 24psi, even have spiked to 25psi. loving it, its running really good. but its hot out.
Sponsored