Sponsored

Ford Partnering with Volkswagen and making a 4 door sedan Mustang. Possibly dropping convertible

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Okay here is my proposed compromise:
My Doggie-Door Mustang.png

:crackup:
My last car was a Saturn SC2 3-door coupe, with a small door behind the driver's door that opened "backwards", hinges on the back edge of the door, and no pillar between the front and back door. Back seat access was great.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
Up next, Ford Mustang Moon Vessel One.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
I mean how hard is it to make this???

Ford-GT-F1.jpg

Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
So what now everything's a Mustang?

Why not drop the F150 make a mustang pickup....

Drop the transit make a Mustang F350

Hell drop the ford badge rebrand the company mustang since nothing means shit anymore...

I hope this CEO gets tared and feathered...
Ford-Logo2.jpg

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Don't worry. None of this will dilute the Mustang brand. Ford management are idiots. I won't buy anything else from them until Hackett is fired and this idiocy stops.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I mean how hard is it to make this???

Ford-GT-F1.jpg
Well, sadly its not even made in Australia any more (which is one reason why the Mustang was sent there, and is a huge success)

As for the origin of this thread:

1 - Yes, Ford are partnering with VW on an EV. No, it's not a Mustang (although with Hackett still in charge, anything is possible).
2 - There are rumors (although, as usual, nothing official from Ford) that there may be a "family" of Mustangs. Well, in theory, with Mach E, there already is.

However, on the record, and following the awful feedback they received about Mach E, they've stated the S550 isn't going anywhere. Any we already know S650 is coming and will be heavily based on S550.

So, these "experts" on the radio are putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 976. And then it gets repeated here. Before you know it, these made up stories become "fact".

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i doubt they will make the mustang 4 doors. if they did they would not partner with vw to do it imo. they already had several sedans/hatches to use and they just axed all of those from the brand. so to think they would spend money coming up with a whole new platform for a market share that has been shying away from sedans wouldnt make any sense.

with that being said minus the awful rear end on the last fusion it would have been pretty kick ass with a v-8 and A10 or manual and rwd or awd

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Not an artiste, just screwed around for a few minutes to see what something a little more practical for us and the dogs might look like.
My 2-Door Mustang.png

My 4-Door Mustang.png
Maybe hinged at the back (suicide doors) like the RX8.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
VW has no platform for RWD cars.
VW owns Porsche (Bugatti, Bentley. Audi, Lamborghini, etc) so they have a number of RWD and AWD platforms. A Mustang based on the Panamera does have a certain amount of potential. It's yet another bastardization of the marque, but it wouldn't suck.
Sponsored