Sponsored

Ford offering new M1 Owners in Australia free servicing and track day…

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Interesting. Track Days in their cars?

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT,Everest,FocusRS,MustangMach1
Missing out on Torsen 373 diff and getting a TruTrac 355 (plus missing ACC & rear sensors) adds up to a whole lot more than free servicing and an additional track day... As a local said, confusion between goodwill (servicing and track day) and compensation (for not delivering what was advised at time of contract signature, Ford requiring unconditional contract with inability to cancel without entire cost of car penalty) is the first problem to be resolved. AU$83k plus on road costs (AU$16k) is a lot to pay and then find significant items are not included...

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
and then find significant items are not included...
They never were included. Someone messed up with the brochure listing, but other territories that get the export car had the correct information. How many Australian spec Mustang's have the Torsen? None, right? So why all of a sudden would a homologated car suddenly get one, when all other export cars are clearly shown as not getting one. Australia is not a special case. People on here were told a number of times there was no Torsen, no sensors and no ACC, but kept throwing that information back saying Australian cars were different. Well, guess what. Someone messed up with a brochure, they didn't rip parts off the cars, the parts were never there, to begin with.

Offering some goodwill to make up for a mistake in the brochure is good, they will not offer compensation. You're either going to have to take the goodwill and car, or walk away.

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
They never were included. Someone messed up with the brochure listing, but other territories that get the export car had the correct information. How many Australian spec Mustang's have the Torsen? None, right? So why all of a sudden would a homologated car suddenly get one, when all other export cars are clearly shown as not getting one. Australia is not a special case. People on here were told a number of times there was no Torsen, no sensors and no ACC, but kept throwing that information back saying Australian cars were different. Well, guess what. Someone messed up with a brochure, they didn't rip parts off the cars, the parts were never there, to begin with.

Offering some goodwill to make up for a mistake in the brochure is good, they will not offer compensation. You're either going to have to take the goodwill and car, or walk away.
Yeah I get all that, just don't like the pricing of the vehicle without those items and the advice from sales channel in Australia. Next time you buy a mobile phone and find it doesn't have 5g but 3g that was advised to you when you negotiated a sale contract I guess you'll be happy you paid a premium for 5g and will be happy for the next 3 years with 3g capability. I'm keen for customers outside of Australia that don't work for Ford to be able to advise on product and content...

Sponsored

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)

As it is my car is going to Herrod Performance in Melbourne to be upgraded to Handling Package by after sales fitment of the missing parts, minus the wheels that won't pass registration compliance in AUS.

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Looks like due to the lack of equipment/features of the Euro M1, Ford is trying to make new owners whole:
https://www.drive.com.au/news/2021-...and-a-track-day-in-lieu-of-missing-equipment/
Ford in Australia are calling each owner individually and asking them their expectations. Any purchaser with a signed contract and that has not taken delivery is, I understand able to repudiate the contract and walk away from the purchase with no penalty... some customers have cancelled their purchases due to the issues around the vehicle.

Eureka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (on order)
Ford in Australia are calling each owner individually and asking them their expectations. Any purchaser with a signed contract and that has not taken delivery is, I understand able to repudiate the contract and walk away from the purchase with no penalty... some customers have cancelled their purchases due to the issues around the vehicle.
They phoned me last week but unfortunately I missed the call. What I would like is for them to arrange the Torsen LSD to be fitted by the dealer.

Any one else been contacted by Ford Australia? Are they open to suggestions or is it just a case of them informing us of the free track experience & services (in lieu of promised parts) and to "take it or leave it"? Would be good to know if any one has negotiated a better outcome...

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
They phoned me last week but unfortunately I missed the call. What I would like is for them to arrange the Torsen LSD to be fitted by the dealer.

Any one else been contacted by Ford Australia? Are they open to suggestions or is it just a case of them informing us of the free track experience & services (in lieu of promised parts) and to "take it or leave it"? Would be good to know if any one has negotiated a better outcome...
I suspect the Ford rep's are only authorised to outline the offering, working from a set of guidelines regarding conversations with owners/potential owners. For other discussions than that they are not enabled and take details so that a case manager can be assigned and discussion continue outside of the offering they are providing is my understanding of those that have wanted to discuss alternatives.

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I missed the call today also. I rang the number back but its automated and just says they'll call back tomorrow. Voicemail said something about calling from Ford Customer Service, so am assuming its either to see how my purchase (?) is going, or about the free servicing and track days? Who knows. I'm not keen on waiting another three months when there are cars sitting on the lot waiting to be bought.

(just checked, the FJG in NSW was a manual with Recaro's but it looks to be taken off carsales)

Sponsored

Eureka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (on order)
I suspect the Ford rep's are only authorised to outline the offering, working from a set of guidelines regarding conversations with owners/potential owners. For other discussions than that they are not enabled and take details so that a case manager can be assigned and discussion continue outside of the offering they are providing is my understanding of those that have wanted to discuss alternatives.
Thanks for the info, I'll wait and see what happens...

I missed the call today also. I rang the number back but its automated and just says they'll call back tomorrow. Voicemail said something about calling from Ford Customer Service, so am assuming its either to see how my purchase (?) is going, or about the free servicing and track days? Who knows. I'm not keen on waiting another three months when there are cars sitting on the lot waiting to be bought.

(just checked, the FJG in NSW was a manual with Recaro's but it looks to be taken off carsales)
I'm surprised that there are currently 13 Mach 1's listed on carsales (albeit without dealer photos, so maybe the cars haven't yet arrived). I don't remember the Bullitt's being available like this at their launch, think they were all/mostly pre-sold? I wonder if these Mach 1s are available because purchasers have decided to not follow through due to missing promised features?

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Thanks for the info, I'll wait and see what happens...

I'm surprised that there are currently 13 Mach 1's listed on carsales (albeit without dealer photos, so maybe the cars haven't yet arrived). I don't remember the Bullitt's being available like this at their launch, think they were all/mostly pre-sold? I wonder if these Mach 1s are available because purchasers have decided to not follow through due to missing promised features?
From what I can tell on carsales, they're all "To be ordered". The one FJG was in stock, in a remote town in NSW.

Eureka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (on order)
From what I can tell on carsales, they're all "To be ordered". The one FJG was in stock, in a remote town in NSW.
There are a couple of ships arriving in the next couple of weeks (Tirrana & Tortugas), I expect many of the cars will be on these. Mine is apparently on the Tirrana which arrives in Brisbane on 1st June (hopefully)...

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
There are a couple of ships arriving in the next couple of weeks (Tirrana & Tortugas), I expect many of the cars will be on these. Mine is apparently on the Tirrana which arrives in Brisbane on 1st June (hopefully)...
Hopefully there's a fucking black one, with a manual and Recaro's on it! Even if its not mine :)

Goblinchaser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I missed the call as well. Correct me if I am wrong but if the vehicle has been approved as it is currently configured, can Ford actually retrofit any parts as per the brochure (I.e. Torsen). I.e. Is Ford able to revise the approval to retrofit the parts or will it just stand as it is and they are limited in options to address the situation ? (Ignoring the ACC, rear parking sensors). Anyone have any idea ?
Sponsored

Last edited: