Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
FORD OFFERS COMPLIMENTARY GT500 TRACK ATTACK DRIVING EXPERIENCE TO FORD MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 OWNERS

1576093746817.jpg

• Ford to provide owners of all-new Mustang Shelby GT500 with exclusive complimentary driving instruction at Ford Performance Racing School’s new operation at Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, North Carolina
  • Features and capabilities of the Shelby GT500 are highlighted while advanced driving techniques are taught through track- and drag strip-based driving sessions plus classroom instruction
  • Interested owners should visit www.GT500TrackAttack.com for additional program details
DETROIT, Mich., Dec. 12, 2019 – Ford and Ford Performance Racing School are joining forces to offer a complimentary program exclusively for owners of the all-new Shelby GT500.

GT500 Track Attack, the latest in a long line of similar owner programs offered by Ford Performance, will be the first one introduced at the new Ford Performance Racing School location, Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, North Carolina. Much like sibling owner programs put on by the school, owners are given a unique opportunity to learn firsthand the capabilities of their cars with professional training from instructors. Training will happen in the classroom as well as on one of America’s best road courses and its first four-wide drag strip.

Owners of the all-new Shelby GT500 will be immersed into the performance and handling characteristics of their new cars in a controlled environment. Extensive course time teaches cornering, braking and launch techniques with a focus on the dynamics of the Shelby GT500, including its drive modes and launch control feature. Owners will have fun learning all about the performance attributes of this thrilling car and have the opportunity to improve their driving skills.

“With its supercar-level powertrain, the all-new Shelby GT500 takes Mustang to a performance level once reserved only for exotics,” said Dave Pericak, Ford director of enterprise product line management. “We’ve set a new standard among American performance cars with our most powerful street-legal V8 to date, plus the quickest-shifting transmission ever in a Mustang for all-out precision and speed. GT500 Track Attack is absolutely essential in helping owners understand how to get the most out of their cars. This promises to be an exciting experience – one that owners will never forget.”

Ford Performance Racing School will provide Shelby GT500s for participants to use in all exercises. An optional second day of on-track instruction will be conducted in Ford Mustang GTs equipped with upgraded Ford Performance suspensions and brakes.

“We are looking forward to the first season of GT500 Track Attack, especially as this will be among the first programs conducted at our new facility in Concord,” said Dan McKeever, president, Ford Performance Racing School. “Shelby GT500 is an exceptional car and delivers an exhilarating driving experience. Our school is the perfect venue to demonstrate just what it can do, both on the track and on the strip. Our professional instructors can help anyone take their driving expertise to the next level, whether they are beginners or experienced drivers.”

Ford will cover costs of the driving school in its entirety, while owners will be responsible for their travel, hotel and optional-day Mustang GT program costs. While not yet finalized, options for owners to bring guests are being considered. Those interested in learning more about this program should sign up here to receive additional details as they become available.

Look for Ford Performance Racing School to announce specific plans and schedules for GT500 Track Attack in the near future. For more information, visit www.GT500TrackAttack.com.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Dan runs a great show. Can't wait to attend this one as the GT350 experience in Utah was a blast.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Track Attack was awesome in Utah with the GT350. I'm sure Charlotte will be great as well. I'm glad they moved the school to a different area just for variety's sake. I haven't spent much time in NC.

Last edited:

Sponsored

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
I called the listed number this morning and was told that the schedule for the GT500 Track Attack has not been finalized as of yet........

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if this is a yearly event or is it only for 2020 buyers?

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Does anyone know if this is a yearly event or is it only for 2020 buyers?
It should be a yearly event.
Track attack is continuous for every Shelby buyer ( I believe)

The Track tour is what you want to get to as a prospective buyer, and those travel country

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hmm, it thought this was already released before. Anyway, thanks for the (news) revival.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Oh, FWIW, I wouldn't opt for the 2nd day mustang GT. Quite the letdown. Ask me how I know. Especially on a roval course like daytona/charlotte.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
Oh, FWIW, I wouldn't opt for the 2nd day mustang GT. Quite the letdown. Ask me how I know.
Billy J said he’d highly recommend the second day in his post. Wouldn’t the GT500 program second day be different, especially since it’s at a different venue?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Billy J said he’d highly recommend the second day in his post. Wouldn’t the GT500 program second day be different, especially since it’s at a different venue?
Charlotte. Its hard to argue with Billy. My point was that even on a short course, like Tooele, the GT was much slower and less capable than the 350. Introduce a much faster banked course and what is the point? My issue with the FPRS is that you were never able to book a second day to drive the car you came there to drive. In the Tooele example, a GT350. In the Charlotte example, a GT500.

The GT is not a good roval car. At least the GTs I drove in Tooele. All you are doing is buying a second day in a car with far less capabilities. If the FPRS could do one thing different, my choice would be a second day in the car you came to drive.

Oh and Billy, he's one hell of a driver.
Sponsored