Ford Mustang Twitter Horsepower Reveal

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Eh......I'd say more like high 3900's in Carbon Track Pack form.

It does have some tricks up its sleeve. The front subframe for instance is magnesium.
It won’t be less than 4000 pounds
Sponsored

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I agree they acted like, they where going to pull a dodge, remember dodge said mid 600s and then holy shit 707hp god damn. To me it just feels like ford being conservative.
823. Don't ask me where I got that figure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it made 823 at the flywheel. The rated power will, of course, be much lower.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Sales will be the deciding factor of that.

Lets. Not forget the 3d printing that was used to proof of concept a lot.of parts..speeding things up

I agree.

Of the 7 other actual buyers i know in real life, ALL are modifying, as they do all their performance cars
I matters in the sense that for Ford itself, it looks like they half assed it or didn’t put enough into it. Personally i feel like 760hp is the just enough but we all know they could of done way more. To me this car hasn’t lived up to the hype. I like it but it still looks like it’s from 2016 and they didn’t even use the new taillights

It’s just a half ass from ford

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
823. Don't ask me where I got that figure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it made 823 at the flywheel. The rated power will, of course, be much lower.
Could be parasitic lose from the motor. I remember dodge saying the hellcats would be making 825hp on the dyno is they used turbos at the same boost level

Sponsored

jcartwright734

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dream car
Wow , I rarely post but it seems the Camaro trolls have been triggered. Lol!

Go over to that “other site” and you will read all sorts of fiction. Blaqwhole is probably the most delusional of them all. He really just can’t tip his hat and acknowledge that Ford upped the anti.

Well done Ford!

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
You guys need to remember, this is an OEM PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course OEM's are going to leave some on the table. They have to warranty that shit. If you were a product maker, you'd do the same thing. Anyone who says otherwise with their money on the line is a full of shit.
I agree with Nasty here. Now we can talk about what is going to happen in the hands of owners. This platform is very very nice to begin with. 760/625 ? Plus this is not a granny shifter...the DCT is the piece of the puzzle nobody in the mustang world knows about. If it performs as advertised, then your looking at a very powerful car.

I very well see this car putting beat-downs on cars rather in a straight line or in curves. Look what were talking about here...we are comparing a PONY CAR to a FULL ON 2 SEAT SPORTS CAR. Nobody is even mentioning the ZL1 which should be our competition. Just let that sink in for a bit.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I agree they acted like, they where going to pull a dodge, remember dodge said mid 600s and then holy shit 707hp god damn. To me it just feels like ford being conservative.
Like when dodge said its a factory warrantied 9 sec car, and then owners couldn't crack 9s, so had to add $2k in aftermarket parts to try again, and then the rear diff broke so they all had to modify the rear diff to launch and actually hit 9s...? That's a lot of $ and work invested for a stoxk 9 sec car that has to jave warranty voiding mods done to it, yet still claimed stock somehow...

I matters in the sense that for Ford itself, it looks like they half assed it or didn’t put enough into it. Personally i feel like 760hp is the just enough but we all know they could of done way more. To me this car hasn’t lived up to the hype. I like it but it still looks like it’s from 2016 and they didn’t even use the new taillights

It’s just a half ass from ford
Again, their sales prove otherwise...not limited production, and still cant satisfy retail demand #'s.. i wish i could fail like that when I 1/2 ass things..

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
SO......what now....that was kind of anticlimactic.....about where i thought the numbers would be......so do we get to wait again.....ordering guides, full specs, and ordering bank opening would be nice, but maybe we are 3 more twitter puzzles away from that.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
1/2 thru june, so guides should be out in at least single digit days now yes? I mean, i would have purchased w/o knowing the hp. Lets get it going gents @ Ford

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
1/2 thru june, so guides should be out in at least single digit days now yes? I mean, i would have purchased w/o knowing the hp. Lets get it going gents @ Ford
When do deliveries start? Hopefully they can get some decent numbers out before snow piles up around the Flat Rock plant. They’ve delayed deliveries of GT350 and PP2 over cold weather issues with the tires. I expect that can impact GT500 too.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
My dealer heard from his rep on Monday, and he alluded that Thursday (tomorrow) "may" be a good day. Hoping that means order guide.

Ford probably want's to reserve today for this news to play out, and then drop the order guides tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
Sponsored