martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
most power dense sc v8.

So 808/ 6.2l = 130.32hp per l = dodge.

That statement means the 5.2l must only be >130hp/l which = 681hp minimum.

So that statement sets the bar pretty low imo. 700hp is 134+ hp per l
I think it’s humorous that Ford would go down this path at the same time that Mercedes is walking around their 208 hp/l 2.0T

Anything less than 750 then the extra + was not necessary IMO. 730 or 739 is 700+ no need to add an extra +. But FORD can do what they want, here i am giving logical debate over the meaning of ++. So i guess the marketing guys did there job....they have us talking.
Personally, I put ZERO stock in the “++” vs the “+”. Why? Because I think that Ford’s props people just goofed up and Ford just rolled with it. There was also another placard there that said 700+. Not the first, nor last time that Ford’s props people coughed a hairball. Examples.....

At the Detroit Auto Show, where the Ford Explorer Hybrid was revealed at the same time as the GT500, the placard near the cutaway of the hybrid referred to it as a Plug-in Hybrid. I could see it was not a plug-in. Battery was way too small and....there was no place to plug-in. Other than that :fingerscrossed: So I spoke to the engineer that was there and he agreed....not a plug-in hybrid. “So why does the sign say....?” He was pi$$ed. I took pictures of the placard when I noticed it and the next day when they “fixed” it with a tape over. See both versions below.

Then a few feet away I was looking at one of the GT500 placards where they wrote “Tremac “ twice and “Tremec” once on the stand that described the transmission. Got a picture of that, too. At New York, they had a similar goof-up at the 2020 Escape exhibit. I can’t remember what that one was. If I find it I’ll edit this post. And finally, very recently one of my co-workers was at a Ford event where they showed engine properties for a specific vehicle. Thing is, one of the properties was an engine that is also used in another Ford product and was still labeled for that other product. Whoever is responsible for QC on Ford show properties hasn’t quite crested their learning curve.
60FFE357-8257-43D6-8A5B-849FBA9E5180.jpeg
4522F7D8-1785-4F73-BA54-BA77BE7984AF.jpeg
1CDF0DD7-829D-4E6D-A5E3-CE7BBABCC5AA.jpeg
Sponsored

mefferso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 335d
At 799, why not just put it in the 800’s so you’ll be in the 800 club so I don’t think it’ll be that. I think the double pluses behind the 700 have significant meaning so I’m thinkin 780 will be the magic number. That and if the weight is 4000-4050# than will have ourselves a top level performer.
799 puts it 2hp above the HC Redeye. Pretty typical Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge pissing match

Obsessed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Its going to be at least 730 based on the curve of the puzzle piece showing the second number. I'd say 750 based on other info I have seen but could also be 76?, or 78? Could also be 70? but that would be a let down. We will know soon.

Shelby2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 Whipple 2.9L, 2018 GT350, 2020 GT500 L0240
I think it’s humorous that Ford would go down this path at the same time that Mercedes is walking around their 208 hp/l 2.0T

Personally, I put ZERO stock in the “++” vs the “+”. Why? Because I think that Ford’s props people just goofed up and Ford just rolled with it. There was also another placard there that said 700+. Not the first, nor last time that Ford’s props people coughed a hairball. Examples.....

At the Detroit Auto Show, where the Ford Explorer Hybrid was revealed at the same time as the GT500, the placard near the cutaway of the hybrid referred to it as a Plug-in Hybrid. I could see it was not a plug-in. Battery was way too small and....there was no place to plug-in. Other than that :fingerscrossed: So I spoke to the engineer that was there and he agreed....not a plug-in hybrid. “So why does the sign say....?” He was pi$$ed. I took pictures of the placard when I noticed it and the next day when they “fixed” it with a tape over. See both versions below.

Then a few feet away I was looking at one of the GT500 placards where they wrote “Tremac “ twice and “Tremec” once on the stand that described the transmission. Got a picture of that, too. At New York, they had a similar goof-up at the 2020 Escape exhibit. I can’t remember what that one was. If I find it I’ll edit this post. And finally, very recently one of my co-workers was at a Ford event where they showed engine properties for a specific vehicle. Thing is, one of the properties was an engine that is also used in another Ford product and was still labeled for that other product. Whoever is responsible for QC on Ford show properties hasn’t quite crested their learning curve.

And the hp was changed from 312 hp to 318 hp.

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
I say it will be 750hp. The last digit is definitely a "0". I do not think it will be the 5hp over the Corvette ZR1, the GT500 will not be it's direct competition. Even with 760hp the mustang halo car would not beat the ZR1 on the track.

Sponsored

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Umm... it's DCT is built, and designed by Tremec.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I thought that Jim Owens or another person with Ford said that it would have as much horsepower as the Ford Nascar, but I can't find the video. Does anyone else remember that? I looked at the reveal thread and someone there mentioned it.
You are not wrong, I believe they said 'More than" though.. i dont know what those cars are making

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
You are not wrong, I believe they said 'More than" though.. i dont know what those cars are making
Aren’t the Roush Yates NASCAR engines over 800HP?

Sponsored

South40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln, 2013 Ford Raptor

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
in the video he specifically mentioned it being more HP than the Ford Nascar. which one, I dunno, maybe it's the whimpy one.
find out soon...