Sponsored

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
So 100% could come from canada and be included as 100% American?
Sponsored

velocity550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
So not only are we manual guys, smarter, more handsome, and more well hung (by about 12.5 cm/5 inches if I read the article correctly) than the auto-guys, our cars are also more American.

Will this be the final nail in the coffin for the auto-guys?
LOL! Not to rain on your parade but it seems as though you own a 2020 model, not a 2021 as specified in the artical. Looks like you are on the same level of MURICA as us auto guys ;)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
A focus made in the German factory is of staggering build quality compared to a mustang.
One wordā€¦..Management. Flat Rock could build a Mustang as well as any overseas plant if management motivated the workforce to do so. My wifeā€™s 2018 Escape was made in Louisville, KY and had much better build quality than my 19ā€˜ GT/CS.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
One wordā€¦..Management. Flat Rock could build a Mustang as well as any overseas plant if management motivated the workforce to do so. My wifeā€™s 2018 Escape was made in Louisville, KY and had much better build quality than my 19ā€˜ GT/CS.
Exactly. If Ford can do it some places they could do it everywhere. So why not do it at Flatrock? Easy. Doing it that way does cost more. May not be much more but all manufacturers care about penny differences in the cost of a part. Why not pay $10 or $100 or $x more per car for better build quality? Easy, again. The number of buyers who buy a Camaro or Challenger just because of Ford's build quality compared to those car's build quality is tiny and worth less than the $x per car it would cost to build them better.

So, we are a major cause.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
So 100% could come from canada and be included as 100% American?
I believe only USA and Canada are considered domestic content. Mexico isn't, but it is North American.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly. If Ford can do it some places they could do it everywhere. So why not do it at Flatrock? Easy. Doing it that way does cost more. May not be much more but all manufacturers care about penny differences in the cost of a part. Why not pay $10 or $100 or $x more per car for better build quality? Easy, again. The number of buyers who buy a Camaro or Challenger just because of Ford's build quality compared to those car's build quality is tiny and worth less than the $x per car it would cost to build them better.

So, we are a major cause.
My point is that Ford ensure a focus,fiesta,Ranger,puma etc are built properly. Whey donā€™t they bother with the mustang. Iā€™m sure most buyers would elect to pay Ā£1000 more for one that doesnā€™t fall apart or rust in 4 yrs

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I believe only USA and Canada are considered domestic content. Mexico isn't, but it is North American.
I didnā€™t realize we annexed Canada. Weā€™ll there goes my bragging about my Mustang being far more American than a Challenger.

*edit: forgot the engine is made in Windsor, the tranny Chinaā€¦

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
My point is that Ford ensure a focus,fiesta,Ranger,puma etc are built properly. Whey donā€™t they bother with the mustang. Iā€™m sure most buyers would elect to pay Ā£1000 more for one that doesnā€™t fall apart or rust in 4 yrs
You might believe that most buyers would pay $x more for better Mustang build quality because buyers of their better built models will. But Ford does not believe that. Different target audiences and different competitors.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
You might believe that most buyers would pay $x more for better Mustang build quality because buyers of their better built models will. But Ford does not believe that. Different target audiences and different competitors.
I guess you must be right. The home market is massive and is acclimatised to accepting any old shite. They donā€™t sell enough export ones to care about expectations elsewhere in the world.

Sponsored

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
My engine was built in Spain.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

BlueHPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP/HP 6MT, 03 Boxster S, 97 M3
Part of the reason the Ecoboost is way down the list.
Yes but only about 2500 eco boosts were hpp out of more than 50,000 eco boosts. All of the regular ecos were built in Cleveland OH. Must be the Chinese MT-82s. If the A-10s are built in the US them I think they made a mistake.

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
After reviewing this article multiple times, I find it a fail. It fails to define many of the terms used and source of its data. It's nearly meaningless in any of its claims.