Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I feel bad for kids turning 16 soon.
Why ? They all drive better cars than I did back in the day. Half the posters here driving fairly new Mustangs are kids. My 1st 5 cars where toilets on wheels.

weird thing, I’m thinking about buying a GTI new for $31k. Dealer has zero markup. If I look on Cargurus they sell used ones 2-3years old for the same price or sometimes even more. Are people that stupid ?

CanMoosetang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I got my 2021 GT almost 5.5-6kk below msrp right off a dealer lot with 12 miles on it. XPlan+ 3000 in incentives and financed at 0%.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Fight the ADM's. Go to other dealers not charging ADM's. They exist out there and expand your search out of state. I absolutely cannot stand the marked up prices ABOVE MSRP. It's called MSRP for a reason. Sure, Covid caused a lot of our supply issues and whatnot but we all know ADM's existed BEFORE all of this happened. It's nothing but dealership greed. I'd be fine if they all went under and and went to online orders only, one price to pay, and have a few service centers placed in populated areas for repairs. Get rid of the middle man. I would feel bad for the honest dealers out there though. I just wish they all could be fair in their ways but at the end of the day it's a business and they are trying to stay afloat. I just don't like donating my hard earned money outside of the product I'm purchasing.

Granger Ford and Chapman Ford have both taken great care of people on the forums here.
I think it was 2016 I saw the sticker on a GT350 at Cavalier Ford, and the "Market Adjustment" was $25,000. I walked elsewhere on the lot and found an EcoBoost Mustang for about $25,000.

No pandemic, no chip shortage, they just marked it up by a whole Mustang because they could.

ADMs existed because of people who have more money than self-control. If that car languished on the lot a year or so, that ADM would have gotten smaller and smaller and eventually went away.

Heck, some cars in history had that issue even without a markup.
I read somewhere the 1969 Camaro ZL1 was so expensive, the last dealer to have one finally sold it in 1974.

Last edited:

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Vehicle Showcase
iSeeCars has analyzed 1.2 million vehicle listings from February to March and listed which vehicles currently have the highest dealer price markups.

The Mustang is #12 at 19.1% above MSRP.

On average, new cars are listed for 9.9% above MSRP.

message-editor_1648665679831-mostmarked-upnewcars.jpg
CHECK OUT
https://www.markups.org/
to see more greedy dealers.

Sponsored

94five-oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang Gt 401A
Yeah, im glad I got mine during the pandemic too. Used 19 GT premium with only 6k mi on it, completely bone stock, $28k. Had to go 3hrs away for it but totally worth it and still loving it.

same thing happened to me, i got an awesome trade for my 2018 Ram, almost for what i paid for was mind blowing. Midst of the pandemic they didn't even want to deal face to face.

signed papers and out i went , i drove 3hr to pick up mine also. fun ride back home

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
CHECK OUT
https://www.markups.org/
to see more greedy dealers.
Does it only show markups for vehicles currently listed as available? I thought my city would have more but then again every mustang gt or higher is sold instantly. None on any lot and there’s like 5 Ford dealers here.
Sponsored