Sponsored

Vickstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
New Ford Mustang Dark Horse Special Edition Goes To The Dark Side
https://carbuzz.com/news/new-ford-mustang-dark-horse-special-edition-goes-to-the-dark-side

Earlier this month, the Blue Oval reached out to fans asking them to come up with a name for its new Mustang package. Although no official comment on the subject has been made since then, CarBuzz has exclusively uncovered the winning name: Ford Mustang Dark Horse.

While there has previously been a Saleen-built Dark Horse Mustang, the fact that the trademark was filed by Ford itself and not Saleen, suggests this will not be a tuner model, but a special edition from the Ford brand.

This new information came to light through a trademark application filed with the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) that was filed yesterday for category 12: four-wheeled land vehicles. You can be sure that similar trademark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) will follow shortly if they have not already been filed.

The teasers Ford has provided confirm that the new accent package includes black-painted aluminum wheels, as well as badges, logos, and trim elements all in the dark and demure hue. The Mustang insignia will be satin black with tiny chrome accents. The sinister look always suits the 'Stang and is sure to be a hit with buyers, particularly if those buyers found the Ice White Editions from last year a little too bright.

1010681.jpg

1010686.jpg

1010687.jpg
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Nice! Hopefully that means it'll come here to the UK as a last hurrah for the S550. Nice re-use of the Mach 1 Handling Pack wheels.......although I wonder if they'll be a less aggressive fitment.

:)

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Appears to be an M1 HP without the logos. Should see all the technical/mechanical details when the order guides are released in a few months. The paint and wheels pair very well together. Beautiful car. Black cars are absolutely gorgeous. To keep it clean though, gosh.

Last edited:

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Indeed. Beautiful machine! Prepare to spend half your life cleaning it!

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yeah, have fun with keeping that one clean. Also don't forget it's just about 100 degrees in 50% of the country. I'm sure it will look awesome but anyone that's owned a black car for years knows what they're getting into with this.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Yeah, have fun with keeping that one clean. Also don't forget it's just about 100 degrees in 50% of the country. I'm sure it will look awesome but anyone that's owned a black car for years knows what they're getting into with this.
Rolling down the windows and remote starting it before I hop in typically solve any aggressive hotness problems for me.

MrXXX0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Kinda sneaky of CarBuzz to use that side pic of the Mach 1. If you click on the article that's a photo by CarBuzz and the rest are Officially by Ford. Lol

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
Great name for that package! I like the subtle chrome accent on the pony in that photo.

Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Cool package! Excited to start see this hit dealers. I love the name. I guess my name suggestion Smokey Pony Pack wasn't cool enough. LOL

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Kinda sneaky of CarBuzz to use that side pic of the Mach 1. If you click on the article that's a photo by CarBuzz and the rest are Officially by Ford. Lol

I did wonder!

And, this is supposed to be renaming of the Black Accent Package, so I assume this will be available with all paint colors, not just black.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
So, I wonder if this renamed package will include the upgraded 19x8.5 wheels like the previous black accent package or if it will just have a black version of the standard 18x8s? I thought that was a nice feature but havenā€™t seen it mentioned relative to this new version.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Touch'e. Great catch. So that makes me wonder what all is included in the package and if the car ordered has to be a specific exterior color to get it.

Last edited: